• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thoughts/Comments on my potential new logo.

Which one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DTS

The Business
Ladies and Gentleman,

Your thinking caps on please. I have enlisted some help from guru god Ayrshire Blue to help me knock up a logo for my new business.

As an IFA I will be selling - Protection, Mortgages, Wealth Management and Investment and Pensions (Altought you better of speaking to Rob M).

Anyway I had a few basic ideas and Ayrshire has brought them to life.

Can I have your thoughts and comments please?

Is this just going to be your logo for letter heads etc? If so, Id just go for the house symbol with DWB in it rather than your full name, and then the Financial services etc underneath or nearby.

Would also say that for something like financial services, have the letter head and things of utmost quality to make you appear a succesful organisation. I know when I get letters in with basic / **** logo's I hold those companies in less esteem.

I think the text needs to be far larger, especially if it's going to be on letterheads/stationery. I like the house design and the font, they are both really cool. Maybe have the house one one side with DAVID WILLIAM BAKER in large text on the other side, and Financial Services Limited a bit smaller and underneath your name.

I know nothing about branding/marketing, but I'd guess for you you'd use it for website/stationary etc, then you want something that's quite versatile and very easy to read.

here's a rough knock-up:

25qbs68.jpg

I think the text needs to be far larger, especially if it's going to be on letterheads/stationery. I like the house design and the font, they are both really cool. Maybe have the house one one side with DAVID WILLIAM BAKER in large text on the other side, and Financial Services Limited a bit smaller and underneath your name.

I know nothing about branding/marketing, but I'd guess for you you'd use it for website/stationary etc, then you want something that's quite versatile and very easy to read.

here's a rough knock-up:

25qbs68.jpg

There was one like that...

2dum79y.jpg

Cheers lads,

its for letter heads and business cards etc. Paper quality will be the best I can find Number11 thanks for the tip.

Pubey put into pictures would I was trying to say. In my business (Law) most firms have a logo, which can be catchy but doesn't neccessarily mean anything other than for identification branding, and then have their firm name, your qualifications etc to the side.

In that regard, I think the one of the house without the writing looks better as a logo. I dont know how having something like 'DWB' within it would look (standing for David William Baker - not Dave Webb's Brain), perhaps overlapping or something. Though a lot of firms do this so it could be a bit obvious......

Also, in terms of financial services, are they all house related, mortgages etc? Other perhaps that house logo could be more appropriate for an Estate Agent?

In terms of this vote though, definately think the Green house looks better than the blue and prefer the one with the writing to the side of the house.

Pubey put into pictures would I was trying to say. In my business (Law) most firms have a logo, which can be catchy but doesn't neccessarily mean anything other than for identification branding, and then have their firm name, your qualifications etc to the side.

In that regard, I think the one of the house without the writing looks better as a logo. I dont know how having something like 'DWB' within it would look (standing for David William Baker - not Dave Webb's Brain), perhaps overlapping or something. Though a lot of firms do this so it could be a bit obvious......

Also, in terms of financial services, are they all house related, mortgages etc? Other perhaps that house logo could be more appropriate for an Estate Agent?

In terms of this vote though, definately think the Green house looks better than the blue and prefer the one with the writing to the side of the house.

My wife did say the same about the houses. I thought as most of it revolves around personal finance etc maybe a house was the right idea?

My wife did say the same about the houses. I thought as most of it revolves around personal finance etc maybe a house was the right idea?

Im no expert on these things so just a layman's view from me. In my industry few Law firms would try to symbolise what they do in their logo and if they did have things like scales of justices, it would look a bit naff. I worked for an IFA after graduating and know they just had their firms initials intertwined as their logo and a quick google search seems to show other IFA's such as Square One, just use an incidental shape. Now I would expect Estate agents to use a house, but then I also expect estate agents to lack class and professionalism....

Im no expert on these things so just a layman's view from me. In my industry few Law firms would try to symbolise what they do in their logo and if they did have things like scales of justices, it would look a bit naff. I worked for an IFA after graduating and know they just had their firms initials intertwined as their logo and a quick google search seems to show other IFA's such as Square One, just use an incidental shape. Now I would expect Estate agents to use a house, but then I also expect estate agents to lack class and professionalism....

Yeah so would I...........Right need to think about this.....

If you go down the house route i have some great promotional merchandise that will fit the bill.

Personally i think the text has to be outside the logo, with the house, is there any way of making it more contemporary or abstract? With out Cow which is related to branding cos, people dont see the cow they have asked if we are based in pakistan, is it a map and so on but it gets people thinking

If you go down the house route i have some great promotional merchandise that will fit the bill.

Personally i think the text has to be outside the logo, with the house, is there any way of making it more contemporary or abstract? With out Cow which is related to branding cos, people dont see the cow they have asked if we are based in pakistan, is it a map and so on but it gets people thinking

Shameless plug ;)

Understandably you'd want to do this as cheaply as possible, but how much would you be willing to spend?

The company I work for does advertising/branding/marketing, if you would be interested let me know.

Back