• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

gh_scfc

SWANS TARGET GUTTRIDGE
More Headlines | Back to home page
GARETH VINCENT
GARETH.VINCENT@SWWP.CO.UK

10:00 - 18 November 2006
Swansea City are keen on Southend United mid- fielder Luke Guttridge.Boss Kenny Jackett has spelt out his desire to add to his options in the centre of the pitch after losing Owain Tudur Jones and Darren Way to long-term injury.

And the Evening Post understands Jackett has enquired about Guttridge, who played 41 league games as Southend won the League One title last season.

The 24-year-old former Cambridge player is only 5ft 6in, but is known for his tackling and ball-winning ability.

He is also a good passer of the ball and contributed five goals to the Southend cause last season.

Guttridge started this season in Steve Tilson's side - he has managed 14 starts - but lost his place at the back end of last month and is understood to be unhappy at Roots Hall.

Tilson has admitted his interest in Preston midfielder Alan McCormack - who put in a transfer request this week - meaning Guttridge could slip even further down the Southend pecking order.

Jackett, who could also be without Darren Pratley for at least another week, is hoping to bring in a new face before next Thursday's deadline for emergency loan signings.

But Swansea could face competition for Guttridge from League One rivals Leyton Orient, who are also keen.

Orient are currently bottom of the table, but the London club's proximity to Southend could prove key.

P/ex for Andy Robinson please!
cool.gif

Where have you heard this rumour - a bit more meat on the bones please!!

Gutts has to be gone.....not on the bench today and not there as far as I could see
I think he is a mug and doesn't realise how lucky he is to be playing football for a living. Caries on like this he gets a reputation and nobody wants him!

I notice that Robinson was replaced after 64 mins of today's match at Port Vale. The chap who replaced him scored Swansea's second goal.

Would love to see Robinson here. Just what we need.

Did Prior look injured when he came off for Barrett out of interest?

would want Robinson, but now i think mcCormack seems like the box to box player we need. We don't want to many players fighting for two positions.
So robinson instead of guttridge.
Plus a forward in replacement for Freddy when he goes will be what we are looking for.
It will be intersting to see who we get on in loan, if we will get players simply to make up number, or players that are good enough to sign permently.
If we get a forward on loan that we want to sign permently then i think that is the signal that Freddy will be off in January.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lincoln shrimper @ Nov. 18 2006,18:03)]Where have you heard this rumour - a bit more meat on the bones please!!
As I said. Just a rumor. It came from a good friend who heard it from someone close to Swansea
rock.gif

I make no claims to having insider knowledge or anything like that.

Phew.....glad that's clear then
laugh.gif

On todays showing we need a striker who can at least come off the bench and nick a goal. But a goalscoring midfielder would be nice as one of our biggest problems this season is that Gower is the only one whos scored.
But surely if they have injuries to centre mids, Swansea would not let another one out to get one in.

As far as im concerened good riddence. Havent liked him from day one where he started on me in talk (although I did get an appology from the club).

Have heard nothing but bad things from people who have spoken to this jumped up little tw&t.

bye bye!

gutts done great for us shame its gone sour i think he will well if he goes to orient

Not too fussed about Gutts leaving. The way he's been playing this year I'm suprised anyone's shown interest in him even orient!

Thought McCormack played well today and showed exactly what we've been missing. I still think Bently could of done a job for us this year. Better then Clarke who is probably the worst passer of the ball in the history of the game!

A Swansea friend asked my opinion on Gutts earlier today. He's heard Gutts is going there too. No mention of what sort of deal though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ailsa Road Shrimper @ Nov. 18 2006,13:59)]Perhaps Kenny Jacket liked seeing Gutts in just his pants last season!  
wink.gif
now that sounds like a good deal
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dloman @ Nov. 18 2006,22:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ailsa Road Shrimper @ Nov. 18 2006,13:59)]Perhaps Kenny Jacket liked seeing Gutts in just his pants last season!  
wink.gif
now that sounds like a good deal
biggrin.gif
Get rid of the useless little tw&t, i know you all love him on here and i have been telling you for a year and a half what a waste of space he was but it was all Wiggy is negative bollocks. Open your eyes all you clueless rose tinted idiots, today showed you all what we have been missing, step forward Mr. McCormack, a penatrating midfielder, not a sulky backwards and sideways little sh!t!

Back