• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp and two veg @ Nov. 19 2006,22:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Welly7 @ Nov. 19 2006,18:39)]If Gutts goes then it will be a shame the way it's turned out. He was superb for us last season and it's been a real surprise at how much he's under performed this. Sometimes things just don't work out how you'd like. As I've said if he goes it'll be shame. He was an integral part of the league one champions last season and that fact shouldn't be discarded so cheaply.
I actually thought maher and the Goatman made him look good ;cue abuse,hate mail,poo in post......
I wont poo in your post, Or send you Hate mail, I was thinking of abusing you but i wont
suspect.gif
Everyone is welcome to there opinion and no one is right and no one is wrong. I just thought he was a good player last season and we have missed him(the old gutts) this season. But McCormack will sort that out one thinks.

unclesam.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 19 2006,22:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp and two veg @ Nov. 19 2006,22:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Welly7 @ Nov. 19 2006,18:39)]If Gutts goes then it will be a shame the way it's turned out. He was superb for us last season and it's been a real surprise at how much he's under performed this. Sometimes things just don't work out how you'd like. As I've said if he goes it'll be shame. He was an integral part of the league one champions last season and that fact shouldn't be discarded so cheaply.
I actually thought maher and the Goatman made him look good ;cue abuse,hate mail,poo in post......
I wont poo in your post, Or send you Hate mail, I was thinking of abusing you but i wont  
suspect.gif
 Everyone is welcome to there opinion and no one is right and no one is wrong. I just thought he was a good player last season and we have missed him(the old gutts) this season. But McCormack will sort that out one thinks.

unclesam.gif
See Gutts arriving in the box on the end of our attacks much last year?Once he'd got his place he became a stroller.I'd love the way he always kept possession for us but he could've been soooo much more with some effort.After his appalling first few games wide in midfield (where he kept coming into the middle),Tilse thankfully stuck him in the middle and he was everywhere,effin superb!

But "as i say",with his feet under the table he eased off the gas to become prima donna.

Bottom line. Not good enough at this level. And he is not the only one I am afraid !

Foget about it lads!  Southend were happy for him to leave on loan but he's turned the move down.

As I posted last week on another thread Gutts looks like he's going to Borient. As for bones on this statement ask someone who sees Borient train, there's a guy that has more than a resemblance to Gutts who's been there last week. Also hear that he gets on well with Ling so perhaps it's a done deal?
We were going public thursday but who knows?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Watermill Wino @ Nov. 20 2006,13:55)]As I posted last week on another thread Gutts looks like he's going to Borient. As for bones on this statement ask someone who sees Borient train, there's a guy that has more than a resemblance to Gutts who's been there last week. Also hear that he gets on well with Ling so perhaps it's a done deal?
We were going public thursday but who knows?
Another in the long line of Southend legends finding their way to Orient, following such luminaries as Carl Hutchings, Scott Houghton and Andy Harris.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Another in the long line of Southend legends finding their way to Orient, following such luminaries as Carl Hutchings, Scott Houghton and Andy Harris.

Guess where these players end up at? playing for Ryman League side!

With no disrespect to Jonny here, but going to Borient is hardly an upwards step, is it? He's swapping a relegation dogfight in the Championship for a relegation dogfight in League One.

Really, really, really weird move on Gutts's part. I'd be amazed if it happened - amazed at Gutts's attitude, more than anything.

Oh well. If Orient fancy giving us Adam Chambers in a part-ex, I won't mind...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 20 2006,16:12)]Gutts to swansea in jan.

Even sky Sports are now running the story that both- Orient and Swansea are after Gutts.
Yeah but that's just typical lazy SkySports.com journalism as they'll have picked that up out of the local Swansea press (e.g. the first post on this thread) and rehashed it to look like their own story!

Can't see how the club is a position to discard anyone with
proven ability - if he has attitude problems its up to the management to manage that and get it sorted -

If not it gets too like a scapegoat and remember how Souness rubbished Bellamy and then.....

He doesnt have proven ability at this level.

He has been a disappointment all season, he got a game against Preston when he could have tried to prove himself, even for a new club, and was poor again.

If he was showing a professional attitude Id want him to stay and get past his poor form, however as soon as he was rightly dropped he wants out.

In January we had his agent touting him around for a new move, never did we hear Gutts say he wants to stay or anything to show he wants to be here.

Gutts played a huge part in our promotion and we should remember him for that, but he wont stay as a squad player so may as well go.

i don't know what hes worth - I don't follow tranfers - but i don't think he should be let go just cos hes doing one. I don't understand that statement from Ron Martin on the club website about him staying. If hes acting up and he (and his agent) shouldn't be indulged. And if hes refusing to sit on the bench hes in breach of contract and behaving completely unprofessionally and theres no need to protect him from the
press, public and everyone in the game including potential buyers.

what would he be worth ?

The thing is with Luke, it's all very well people saying they don't want him to leave because he's done this and he can do this, but the reason we're letting him go is due to his attitude.

For whatever reason Luke is NOT the same person he was 12 months ago. As I've said on here before, I presented him with his PFA award last December. Leading up to that he was the jovial jokey little guy who we all loved (well, except wiggy obviously) so I thought he'd be one of the better players to meet. That day though he was a complete misery. He had no time for talking and all I got was a muttered and mumbled "thanks" when I said well done to him. Around about last Christmas was IMHO the time when we lost the Guttridge we needed. He was always at the heart of the banter and yet now all he can manage is the odd chuckle with Jamal when warming up. Infact, Jamal is the only player he seems to have a slight laugh with now. The disgraceful continuous refusal to have his picture taken with the ballboys at every single home game sums him up nowadays. The happy Luke is no more it seems, and that affects his game on the pitch massively. For that, he'd be no great loss anymore.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]With no disrespect to Jonny here, but going to Borient is hardly an upwards step, is it? He's swapping a relegation dogfight in the Championship for a relegation dogfight in League One.

No offence taken. Having said that, I do think we've got a better than even chance of ending up in the same division next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Really, really, really weird move on Gutts's part. I'd be amazed if it happened - amazed at Gutts's attitude, more than anything.

Obviously much more to it all than meets the eye, Matt. Maybe he doesn't like playing in four-sided stadia?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh well. If Orient fancy giving us Adam Chambers in a part-ex, I won't mind...

Well, as much as I'd love to see him stroll onto the field at RH and make the rest of your midfield look rubbish, I'd rather he did it in a red shirt than a blue one...
biggrin.gif

Oh, and this is on the Orient MB now, with reliable sources claiming it's a done deal.
upside.gif

We picked him up on the cheap because of his attitude problem, and it sounds like we've let him go on the cheap because of his attitude problem.

I don't think we've lost out, particularly as we've been promoted twice in between with him being an integral part of that second promotion.

Hopefully Tilly's famed team spirit will now pick up - because despite what Tilly keeps saying its been crap recently - and we can pick up the points needed to avoid playing Orient in the LDV or the FA Cup first round next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Nov. 21 2006,11:42)]Oh, and this is on the Orient MB now, with reliable sources claiming it's a done deal.
upside.gif
Good, if he doesn't want to fight for his place and expects just to walk into the team, he is not wanted here.

Good riddance.

Back