• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Welly7

Coach
Glad he started today. With what we had in our squad I thought he was the best suited to replace Mkindawire, but wasn't sure Sturrock would go down that route.

I always reserve judgement on our youth coming through and by that I mean I don't jump up and down after a good performance. Consistency is the mark of a player at this level (especially with the youngsters) and that's something that can only be judged after a period of games.

For me, he impressed again and as long as he keeps things nice and simple he could have a future at the club. Its a big positive that he can hold his position, tackle, work hard and pass to a blue shirt. Did the majority of things well today...

...thoughts?

Needs to be starting games. Thought for the first hour or so he was very good, tackled well and made some good passes. Of course he's no Tamika but hes a natural centre mid and would prefer him there at the moment than either Spicer or Leonard.

Not good enough yet, needs a season in a lower league. Able to do the simple things well, but lost count of the number of time he miss-kicked it or gave it away today. If he had been signed from another club he would be getting slated on here.

Thought he did well.
Sure he faded , but he's hardly played for ages , so no surprise.
Unless we get a replacement for Tam , then IMO keep him in and he will get better.
The options ?
Spicer - no
Leonard - no
Timlin - move inside and play Martin on the wing or Tomlin and Corr / Britt up front.

Not good enough yet, needs a season in a lower league. Able to do the simple things well, but lost count of the number of time he miss-kicked it or gave it away today. If he had been signed from another club he would be getting slated on here.
so did cresswell and phillips miss kick it in the 1st half,i thought he was pretty solid 7/10 motm m phillips him and cresswell clohessey prosser my starting back 4

He's really not good enough.

For each good tackle and simple pass completed, he messes up two passes. Plus defensively he has no awareness and doesn't track at all.

If he plays more than 5 more times this season we will struggle to get promoted.

Agree that he needs games to improve, yet if he's not going to get them here then I'm not sure he's the type of player who will stand out on loan enough to then force his way into the side when he returns - especially if he's on loan in non-league.

At the minute, he has to be ahead of other possibilities we have in the system we're playing. If PS went to a more traditional 442 then Woody wouldn't be a starter, but just sitting and holding behind Hurst, Laird & Timlin he could fill the gap left by Mkindawire well.

Thought he was excellent first half ... got stuck in, won the odd aerial battle you wouldn't expect him to and passed the ball well. He faded as the second half went on ... looked tired probably due to a lack of matches and made a few errors ... but took a booking to break up a dangerous Brentford counter attack when everyone else had gone AWOL. At present he would be my first choice alongside Laird in centre mid until we bring in a Tam replacement ... playing Martin left, Hurst right is too lightweight a midfield.

Did a bit of a player cam on him today and afraid to say that IMO he's nowhere near ready, a lot of his first touches and passes went astray he lost the ball more then he retained it but can't fault him for effort. Think in a couple of years he will be plying his trade in a Chelmsford team, or equivalent. I'd have leonard, spicer and donnelly ahead of him in the pecking order. Would love to be proved wrong though but got a strong feeling I won't best thing to do would be to loan him out until end of season

I thought he had a good game. A kid coming in to the midfield against a good Brentford side (well not good today but I thought Laird and Woody stopped them in the first half).

Thought he was excellent first half ... got stuck in, won the odd aerial battle you wouldn't expect him to and passed the ball well. He faded as the second half went on ... looked tired probably due to a lack of matches and made a few errors ... but took a booking to break up a dangerous Brentford counter attack when everyone else had gone AWOL. At present he would be my first choice alongside Laird in centre mid until we bring in a Tam replacement ... playing Martin left, Hurst right is too lightweight a midfield.

This. Needed to be subbed on the hour mark but in the first half did his job well, got stuck in to break up Brentford attacks and kept things simple in the middle. Yeah, sure there was the odd mistake but none were any worse than any other player's today.

Corr tires until he can barely breathe after 65 minutes and he is tired. Woodyard tires after 65 and he should be playing in the Conference South. Does my head in.... He hasnt played first team football for yonks!!

Corr tires until he can barely breathe after 65 minutes and he is tired. Woodyard tires after 65 and he should be playing in the Conference South. Does my head in.... He hasnt played first team football for yonks!!

Agree,the boy done good,one for the very near future.

Woodyard hasn't played first team football for yonks because he's not good enough. He wasn't particularly great the first hour either think a lot of people are just trying to say positive things about him because hes come through our youth system, had Spicer put in a replica performance I am sure he would be getting slaughtered on here. Just an opinion, shouldn't let it do your head in, its something I'm entitled too

Back