• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Three Peaks Challenge for Little Havens

Southchurch Steve

Schoolboy
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Forgive this blatant beg, but a few colleagues and I are attempting the Three Peaks Challenge next weekend in aid of Little Havens.

For those of you who don't know, the challenge is to climb and descend the tallest mountains in each of Scotland, England and Wales in a 24 hour period. Driving time between each peak is included in the 24 hours allowance. That means we have about five hours to climb each mountain - tough going.

As I say, it's in aid of Little Havens which I know is a charity close to many hearts on here.

If you can spare some cash (and time) to sponsor us, we would be very grateful.

I promise I'll be back on here after the Bank Holiday weekend to tell you how we got on and if I can work out how to, download some pictures.

Thanks for your time.

Steve

http://www.justgiving.com/advents3peakschallenge/

Being a 5-time 3-peaker myself for various charities please feel free to ask if you have any questions about the challenge. Its a great thing to do & a brilliant way of raising money for a worthy cause. Well done in advance!

I have a work colleague doing this as well - should've done it earlier in the year but a family crisis for one of his team meant they had to postpone. Best of luck!

Did this for little havens a month ago. It was very exhausting but got a real sense of achievement at the end of it. If you are saving Ben Nevis until last I 'll be thinking of you because it's a real slog up there at 3.30am on a Sunday morning, but stick with it and you will make it. Good luck!

Being a 5-time 3-peaker myself for various charities please feel free to ask if you have any questions about the challenge. Its a great thing to do & a brilliant way of raising money for a worthy cause. Well done in advance!

Which route did you take up Scafell Pike?

Which route did you take up Scafell Pike?

Everytime I've done it I've always started at Wasdale Head, at the end of Wastwater. However I know some people do it from Seathwaite. I think if I do it again i'd give that route a try just for a change. Its a bit further to walk but not so constantly steep. Plus I think it may be a bit quicker to get to by car.

How about you?

Everytime I've done it I've always started at Wasdale Head, at the end of Wastwater. However I know some people do it from Seathwaite. I think if I do it again i'd give that route a try just for a change. Its a bit further to walk but not so constantly steep. Plus I think it may be a bit quicker to get to by car.

How about you?

I've done it once, from Seathwaite, via the corridor route. That was so steep it was like climbing a brickwall. The worst part is that it was loose rock, so it was like climbing a crumbling brick wall. That was hard work.

Not sure which route we're taking but apparently it is not too steep. We've been told we won't need to get our hands dirty!

As mentioned I've only done the Wasdale Head route but thats bloody steep too, although to be fair you shouldn't need your hands unless you fall over! I thought the Seathwaite route was supposed to be a bit more gentle but I could be wrong by the sounds of it!

Anyway to keep a footy element to this thread, I trust you'll get your photo taken on the top in your blues shirt & post it on here..

And, the voices in my head are telling me we're going to win tonight, 1-2. You heard it here first.

Back