• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"To thank you for your tremendous support, we will be freezing the normal advanced and matchday prices for the home-leg at Roots Hall" What the hell is that all about ? Makes it sound as if RM is doing us a favour, He hasn't got a clue about business, marketing or how to retain customers, did he seriously consider raising prices ? Can't believe even he is that stupid so why make a statement that makes it sound like he is doing us a favour ? ****

Indeed. After I read the first 7 words I was expecting some sort of special deal !!!

People panic bought tickets for Wembley when we had 40,000 tickets.

Three days later you could walk straight to counter and buy them.

Don't forget that they sold seats by the block, if you wanted a seat directly behind the goal you had to get down there quickly, which I suspect was the reason for some of the early sales.

Indeed but the blocks started on one side and then moved around, with the TBV section available by request.

There really wasn't any need to queue all day which some did.

Anyone know the actual day that tickets go on general sale, one part of the press release says weds and then later says Thursday? Thanks in advance

Anyone know the actual day that tickets go on general sale, one part of the press release says weds and then later says Thursday? Thanks in advance

How can they start selling tickets if we don't know exactly which date our home game will be? It's all still up in the air at the moment.

It's all very well saying your ticket is valid weather we're home first or second. There maybe some people who are not available for one of the dates.

How can they start selling tickets if we don't know exactly which date our home game will be? It's all still up in the air at the moment.

It's all very well saying your ticket is valid weather we're home first or second. There maybe some people who are not available for one of the dates.

Why cant they?

I know personally Im available whatever date it is so I could have bought my ticket already meaning the queue would be one person less come Monday.

Could have sold a few hundred tickets or more by now reducing the inevitable stress on the system next week.

ON OS...

The Blue Voice will be in Block X for our play-off semi-final home leg

This will be an allocated seating area, with ticket migration from other areas of the ground not available.

The North Bank will not be open to home supporters for the game. If the rest of the ground is sold out, and the visiting side have not sold their 10% allocation, we will then review this situation.

If you are a Season Card holder, shareholder or Blues Lottery member, you will have priority, with further details announced once we know what date our home play-off leg will be.

Read more at http://www.southendunited.co.uk/new...ce-play-offs-1521541.aspx#7iRCLeIbMhYVmBdT.99

ON OS...

The Blue Voice will be in Block X for our play-off semi-final home leg

This will be an allocated seating area, with ticket migration from other areas of the ground not available.

The North Bank will not be open to home supporters for the game. If the rest of the ground is sold out, and the visiting side have not sold their 10% allocation, we will then review this situation.

If you are a Season Card holder, shareholder or Blues Lottery member, you will have priority, with further details announced once we know what date our home play-off leg will be.

Read more at http://www.southendunited.co.uk/new...ce-play-offs-1521541.aspx#7iRCLeIbMhYVmBdT.99

:angry::angry:

Surely has to be allocated if we are expecting a big crowd or you could get overcrowding?

Surely has to be allocated if we are expecting a big crowd or you could get overcrowding?

I don't think it'll be anywhere near a sell out tbh so I don't personally see the purpose of allocating seats in x block... i could be very wrong come the game though! :unsure:

Yes I think it makes sense to allocate seating for Block X.
This allows the club to sell as many seats as possible.
Anyone buying for Block X knows that it will be largely standing so shouldnt be any complaints from anyone.
Think the club need to ensure everyone is aware Block X is for TBV ( that includes the ticket office and people buying tickets ).

For the sake of the usual group that make up TBV , I just hope people coming just for the odd game don't buy up these seats first.

Anyone buying for Block X knows that it will be largely standing so shouldnt be any complaints from anyone.
Think the club need to ensure everyone is aware Block X is for TBV ( that includes the ticket office and people buying tickets ).

For the sake of the usual group that make up TBV , I just hope people coming just for the odd game don't buy up these seats first.

Think it might be a case of buying up a large section of block x for the "regulars" in W block

Selling, say, 200 unallocated seats for an area which holds 200 is no more likely to lead to overcrowding than selling 200 allocated seats for the same area !

Two points
It doesn't need to be allocated seating. The club could simply sell tickets for X but alloe you to stand anywhere in X. All it needs is a steward on the entrance checking tickets. IS this what they mean by allocated seating area?
I can't recall the exact figures but X is approx twice as big as W so those of is who normally go there should be ok.

Selling, say, 200 unallocated seats for an area which holds 200 is no more likely to lead to overcrowding than selling 200 allocated seats for the same area !

As long as people from other parts of the ground dont then move over. How strictly is entrance policed?

Two points
It doesn't need to be allocated seating. The club could simply sell tickets for X but alloe you to stand anywhere in X. All it needs is a steward on the entrance checking tickets. IS this what they mean by allocated seating area?
I can't recall the exact figures but X is approx twice as big as W so those of is who normally go there should be ok.
But people who don't stand in W block and have no idea what TBV are will be sold tickets there, this happened for Hull.

But people who don't stand in W block and have no idea what TBV are will be sold tickets there, this happened for Hull.

That's exactly why the club / ticket office should make this clear to people when they're buying tickets.

That's exactly why the club / ticket office should make this clear to people when they're buying tickets.

Thought exactly that yesterday evening so sent this off to Ryan:-

Hi Ryan

Thanks for getting back.

Have just seen that it’s been announced that TBV will have X Block so a result all round.

As tickets won’t be sold online and all purchases will have to go through the Ticket Office would it be possible for them to mention to any purchasers of tickets for X Block that it will be the home of TBV, just to avoid any confusion?

He came back this afternoon with this:-

Hi XXXXXX

We will advise people of that for sure but we can’t stop people buying in that area if they want to as I’m sure you will understand.

So the Club are aware and have said that the Ticket Office will make people aware when they buy X Block tickets. So anyone in X should know what it's for and what they should expect..... :winking:

Presumably the same way they did for Hull; there is a gate at the top of X Block and they simply put a couple of stewards there and if you had the right ticket then you got in.

Yep the stewards stood there until kick off checking tickets, then after a while they just let anyone through!
Mind you the play off game wont be as packed out as the Hull game, so I cant see as many non TBV people choosing to sit in Block X anyway.

Back