• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GregStarz

Manager
I don't know what anyone else thought, but i honestly thought Gabriel Zakuani (Orient centreback) was pure class tonight....

If we could purchase him playing alongside Barrett for next season (hopefully in league 1) i think we will be laughing.....

I know Spinner is doing well but next season will be faster and we much look at a replacement for Prior soon !

Anyone agree ?

Don't know. I hope the rumours about us signing Lockwood are true though. He put in some awesome set-pieces tonight.

Still suspect defensively though. Now what about Lee Steele...

rock.gif

The only thing that impressed me about Lockwood was his set pieces, little else did. Half the west stand singing "Lockwood is a w***er" as he went off probably won't exactly spur him on to signing though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 15 2005,23:19)]The only thing that impressed me about Lockwood was his set pieces, little else did. Half the west stand singing "Lockwood is a w***er" as he went off probably won't exactly spur him on to signing though!
I thought that aswell, although i must admit after him cheating and giving us that dirty smile for 5 mins on the side lines i had to chant a bit aswell......

I had a go at him, but only because he was trying to time waste his way to a 1-0 win in the first 10 minutes of the second half, i can't stand it when teams do that, unless of course it is us
tounge.gif

Still wouldn't mind having him as our left back next season though
tounge.gif

wilson was superb tonight, leys give him the credit with all this business of signing a new leftback

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 15 2005,23:19)]The only thing that impressed me about Lockwood was his set pieces, little else did. Half the west stand singing "Lockwood is a w***er" as he went off probably won't exactly spur him on to signing though!
Yeah, well he obviously isn't the best at the back, and he seems to be a bit of a ****, but after the last couple of games maybe we coould do with having a couple of them in the team....?

Considering we're not much cop you seem to want to sign half our team
rock.gif
still at the end of the day with all your huff and puff, we wanted it more than you!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 16 2005,21:02)]Considering we're not much cop you seem to want to sign half our team  
rock.gif
 still at the end of the day with all your huff and puff, we wanted it more than you!
Its a surprise considering we still have something to play for while your season is over

Orient got sum good players, but Tilly is a fan of players from the lower leagues, having played amongst them himself. They are much better investments for a club like ours.

It was suprising for us too, what kind of run-in have you got
Southendsleeper is it still automatic promotion on the cards?

Pretty tough, but do-able

Macc A
Oxford A
Yeovil H
Grimsby A

Its in our own hands. Win Tuesday, and we'll be top with three to play. We're still in a great position, and although it's been a tough week for us all to take, I still firmly believe in this group of players.

If and when we get promoted, do you reckon this group of players could hack it in league one? I know we've beaten league one sides in the LDV run, but as the games against Bristol Show, competition matches have an extra incentive. If not, then what sort of players would we need to bring in, bearing in mind our tight budget, and the possibility of Freddy being sold in the summer?

To be fair, we've been so professional this year, I think we should be able to compete. Can't see Tilson letting complacency set in so I reckon we should be able to do it. May need one or two new faces though, to be more sure

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 16 2005,21:58)]To be fair, we've been so professional this year, I think we should be able to compete. Can't see Tilson letting complacency set in so I reckon we should be able to do it. May need one or two new faces though, to be more sure
3 or 4 at least I'd say, what with the FL being forced to implement the transfer window(s)

LB, CD, & 2 midfielders, provided Dudfield signs on for another year!
Don't even get me started about who's between the sticks!

Back