• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly Fails In New Striker Bid

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 07 2004,11:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Oct. 07 2004,11:31)]I'd have Constantine back on loan any time... *tin hat on*
So would I...
I wouldn't. Any team will be lucky to get 10+ goals a season out of him again!

[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Oct. 07 2004,11:31)]I'd have Constantine back on loan any time... *tin hat on*
So would I...

rock.gif
I have always been told to not pick on the afflicted, so I will not comment on the pair of you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Oct. 07 2004,10:36)]The striker was Kev Talbot. Tilson has been monitering his progress in the Shrimperzone FC team for a few weeks now, and last week spoke to their manager. Rumour has it that the boss told Tilly he'd have to at least double the bid, believed to be in the region of 34 pence.
Is he the one that has 2 in 2 games?!

He must be worth a week's trial, surely ... !?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 07 2004,12:49)]Is he the one that has 2 in 2 games?!

Might be. This one likes to boast a bit. Fancies himself as well.

Also a jammy c**t when it comes to gambling
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Oct. 07 2004,14:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 07 2004,12:49)]Is he the one that has 2 in 2 games?!

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
Ah, but he's not very reliable when it comes to money - I see from the latest SUSCT newsletter that his goal sponsorship money is still outstanding. Could he be trusted not to squander the huge wages the Blues would pay him?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Oct. 07 2004,08:31)]Doubt it would have been Alsop - doesnt strike me as a 20-a-season man - he is more like Broughton...

Could be anyone - but you cannot GUARANTEE 20 goals a season, so I'm not that bothered! I'm sure Dudfield/Bramble will come good, Gray has got to get going yet and I have a feeling Eastwood may produce the goods for us.

I'd rather have another central midfielder as cover for Maher/Bentley. Its too negative to play Maher/Hunt at home and I doubt Corbetts going to be given a go. I see David Perputini has been released from Gillingham. He had quite a bit of potential at Watford, I'd certainly get him in on trial...
I believe he got alot of goals for Chelts so it could well be him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Oct. 07 2004,13:10)]
[b said:

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
I'd call it confidence in my own "ability" ...

wink.gif

Gambling ... jealous?

UB - Did i get another mention? I haven't got round to reading it yet.

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Oct. 07 2004,13:20)]
[b said:
[b said:
So would I...

rock.gif
I have always been told to not pick on the afflicted, so I will not comment on the pair of you.
Oooh, get her...

tounge.gif

i think if tilly does sign a striker it will be a six yard box man, like mcgleish or boylen whome he tried to sign before. def wouldnt want allsop down here

Tilson and Ron Martin do not like Constantine and would never pay cash for him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 07 2004,19:01)]Tilson and Ron Martin do not like Constantine and would never pay cash for him.
...but what if Fat Judas was happy to give him back for nought? [from what he's said recently, it's possible].

If we offered Connie half of what he was earning last season in a month's trial and then review it... who knows!.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Oct. 07 2004,22:07)]Maybe Grazioli?  
rock.gif
Why ?

I personally would have dismissed him first hand as Tilly said during a interview or at the trust Q&A one of the two that to sign someone like Grazioli ud be talking 100k at least.

rock.gif

Back