• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly wants another striker

It does make you wonder what is the point of Theo Robinson... we only have 2 fit strikers and he was used on the right wing! When will he be used when Freedman, Laurent and a new target man are in the squad???

He won't...

clueless, what is tilson on. yes we have injuries but why sign a young 19 year old if what he wants is a target man. its time tilly, go b4 you take us down!

For goodness sake, WE NEED DEFENDERS! He signs Robinson then says we need another striker? We have Barnard, Walker and Robinson and Laurent and Freedman will be back soon so why do we need another one? People are complaining about lack of goals but that's because we have little creativity in our midfield. A centre-back and a winger are the priority.

The word I am confused with most is "another" - we dont have one at the moment. We have forwards , no strikers !!

But also, as I have highlighted on numerous other threads, we need some creativity, because we are not creating enough chances for "another" striker to feed from.

I am so worried at the moment, we appear to be totally disjointed and clueless and there seems to be none of the team spirit that we have had in years gone by.

I am behind Tilly, because of the change he has bought to the club, but we need to be frank and so does he. He cant say the things he does after the last 3 games (all of which I have seen). We have been poor, end of story. But he cant keep sticking up for the players and hide behind "possession and goal attempts" .

Sorry for moving off of the thread somewhat, but all the threads at the moment are techinically connected, there are deep routed problems within the team and squad that must be addressed before it is too late.

UTB's !!

So we were obviously playing really well before Rev's got injured... so now he is out replacing him is our #1 priority?! Come on Tilly you're better than this, our strikers have shown they can score when given chances, and our defence is embarrassing. We need a beast at the back, and a creative spark in the midfield and with a bit of luck things will turn around.

Last edited:
Tilly, the new Kevin Keegan?

Feck the defence and the midfield, lets just go for it.

I can see why Tilly wants a targetman now Revell is out for the season, but for me the pressing need is some creativity in midfield.

I think Tilly may think that 4-3-3/4-5-1 is the way forward after the Chelsea games. Robinson and Walker either side of a targetman doesn't sound a bad idea, it also solves our midfield problem of how to fit three of Moussa, Grant, Christophe and McCormack into the same side.

If that is the case it is understandably why he'd want to get someone it to cover Barnard as Barney will pick up knocks, especially if you want him to play in the targetman role.

I can see why Tilly wants a targetman now Revell is out for the season, but for me the pressing need is some creativity in midfield.

I think Tilly may think that 4-3-3/4-5-1 is the way forward after the Chelsea games. Robinson and Walker either side of a targetman doesn't sound a bad idea, it also solves our midfield problem of how to fit three of Moussa, Grant, Christophe and McCormack into the same side.

If that is the case it is understandably why he'd want to get someone it to cover Barnard as Barney will pick up knocks, especially if you want him to play in the targetman role.

1st thing I would do is recall Furlong

1st thing I would do is recall Furlong

Furlong did score at the weekend :)

I agree with you lot, we need someone at the back who is going to sort the other defenders around him out. Against Yeovil to me, no one at the back seemed to want to take control. For me another striker would be a waste of time as we have good enough strikers to return from injury.

As for the creative midfielder, this is something we have lacked since we let Maher and Bailey leave the club.

Not the worst decision in the world really I guess. We all know that we need a defender and a winger with a bit of creativity. However, at the moment we don't seem to be able to score goals. Saying that, there's no point getting in a mediocre striker. Tilly will have to come up with one hell of a good signing to justify another forward coming in.

Furlong did score at the weekend :)

I agree with you lot, we need someone at the back who is going to sort the other defenders around him out. Against Yeovil to me, no one at the back seemed to want to take control. For me another striker would be a waste of time as we have good enough strikers to return from injury.

As for the creative midfielder, this is something we have lacked since we let Maher and Bailey leave the club.

As Wiggy was fond of saying Bailey couldn't pass water. Maher didn't play much last season and we were 2nd or 3rd top scorers in the division

The creative midfielder we are missing is Mark Gower.

I know someone who is mates with Theo and actually played alongside him during his spell at Wealdstone, and he's said that we'd be wasting him if we stuck him wide like we did on Saturday. He's adament that to get the best out of him, he has to play in the middle which is where he will thrive with his ability to get in behind the defence.

I know someone who is mates with Theo and actually played alongside him during his spell at Wealdstone, and he's said that we'd be wasting him if we stuck him wide like we did on Saturday. He's adament that to get the best out of him, he has to play in the middle which is where he will thrive with his ability to get in behind the defence.
better call the club and demand to speak to Tilson! :D

Back