• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Murkey_Mouse

FKA Sudbury_Shrimpers
Taken from official SUFC website ...

(BLUES boss Steve Tilson has confirmed this afternoon that Southend have been thwarted in their attempt to sign Gillingham forward Darren Byfield.

Southend have been knocked back on a number of occasions for the former Sunderland forward as they look to bolster their side ahead of this evening's transfer window closure.

Speaking to southendunited.co.uk Tilson said: "We've been in for Darren a few times but unfortunately we have been knocked back.

"He's some we have been keen on for a while but even though he is out of contract in the summer Gillingham don't seem prepared to sell.

"Obviously with them (Gillingham) being in a precarious position they want to hold onto their better players but in the summer he could leave for nothing.

"Another iron is in the fire and hopefully we might have some more positive news before the midnight deadline.")

Hope he do have another player lined up should his transfer target failed, we NEED an forward fast.

We need someone, and i would hope he does have "another Iron in the fire"... Its about time we splashed the cash so to speak and sign someone to cement our promotion charge, As we may not get another oppurtunity as great as this.

Do you think the phrase Iron in the fire is a clue towards the player? Possibly a Scunthorpe player?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Jan. 31 2006,16:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Jan. 31 2006,16:09)]Do you think the phrase Iron in the fire is a clue towards the player? Possibly a Scunthorpe player?
Billy sharp!!
wasn't just me thinking that then!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Jan. 31 2006,16:09)]Do you think the phrase Iron in the fire is a clue towards the player? Possibly a Scunthorpe player?
Or a modern-day Justin Fashanu
tounge.gif

I'll get me coat.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Jan. 31 2006,16:14)]
[b said:
[b said:
Billy sharp!!
wasn't just me thinking that then!
Can't see us affording him myself. Not if we cant table much more than 100k when he is the leading goalscorer in this league...

We don't know what we're capable of paying, merely what Tilson was prepared to offer for Byfield (a player out of contract in months)

[b said:
[b said:
Billy sharp!!
Maybe it isn't the "iron" bit that is the clue towards the player, it might be the "fire" bit - who plays up front for the Chicago Fire?

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ Jan. 31 2006,17:09)]My sources tell me it's a striker from a West Midlands club beginning with W, which makes me think of Fryatt at Walsall.
But Fryatt begins with F....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Jan. 31 2006,17:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ Jan. 31 2006,17:09)]My sources tell me it's a striker from a West Midlands club beginning with W, which makes me think of Fryatt at Walsall.
But Fryatt begins with F....
However, "what a load of crap" begins with W

[b said:
And the fact he went to Leicester for £1.5m a week or so ago!!!

Great source
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Jan. 31 2006,17:14)]
[b said:

Great source  
laugh.gif
Oops! Fryatt was merely my guess, didn't realise he'd gone to Leicester.

My source still could be proved right, o ye of little faith!

Then again it could be a load of old boll***s.

[b said:
[b said:

Great source  
laugh.gif
maybe this is the same source who said Jevons would sign for us last Friday?

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ Jan. 31 2006,17:22)]
[b said:
[b said:

Great source  
laugh.gif
Oops! Fryatt was merely my guess, didn't realise he'd gone to Leicester.

My source still could be proved right, o ye of little faith!

Then again it could be a load of old boll***s.
West Brom?

Kanu?
Earnshaw?
Horsefield?

Don Goodman?

No. I know who it is..........

.....Steve Bull!!!!!

laugh.gif

Back