• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson undecided who will start in Goal

Now that is a wind up. The Sun and football focus are going to be at Boots and Laces, so Tilly's gotta be winding em up a bit.

That truly has to be a wind-up - and it's OK so long as Clarke knows it. Imagine how he'd feel coming down to Boots & Laces, signing a one-month deal and then being told, "You're on the bench Clarkey - we're gonna play the comedian ahead of you"!

It is all a cunningly devised publicity stunt.
Overheard from outside Mr Martins office;-

Uncle Ron:  One penny for you Terry, Two pennys for me
Terry:         Thankyou sir, May I have another...
Uncle Ron:   Another penny for you terry, Another two for me...

etc etc ad infinitum

Thoughts:

The publicity stunt goes on, we've got ourselves in the limelight again and we're milking it for all it's worth. Good.

If Clarke is aware of the publicity stunt then:
a. I bet he's delighted, as a lot of focus is on him now.
b. All this media attention surely gives him a chance to impress?

Terry's getting a lot of publicity out of this, which I bet he's delighted with. This is a huge thank you for just about the only person who tries to promote SUFC on a national level (ok, we'd all do it if we were a celebrity, but he actually does, and fair play to him).

Ron Martin/Tilson certainly know how to play the media (Collymore, Canvey, Scarborough/Chelsea, LDV and now this) and should be congratulated on bringing the publicity to the club.

To be perfectly honest, I am really unsure as to what positive publicity this has generated.

I know there is no such thing as bad publicity, but am I the only one who thinks the rest of the football world is having even more of a snigger at us now?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 14 2004,10:56)]I know there is no such thing as bad publicity, but am I the only one who thinks the rest of the football world is having even more of a snigger at us now?
If I worried about people laughing at me, I'd never leave the house.

People laugh at me "all the time", because I am funny!
tounge.gif

I take the p*ss & people take the p*ss out of me... so what! do I care? how boring would it be if we were all miserable b@stid's.

Keep the publicity coming...
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 14 2004,11:11)]I take the p*ss & people take the p*ss out of me... so what! do I care? how boring would it be if we were all miserable b@stid's.
Amen to that, it's what life is about.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 14 2004,12:11)]Keep the publicity coming...  
blues.gif
Absolutely..
Anything that keeps our beloved club in the spotlight should be enjoyed by all, Southend is a great club and we should be proud to read about ourselves in the national press.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exiled Shrimper @ Oct. 14 2004,11:18)]That truly has to be a wind-up - and it's OK so long as Clarke knows it. Imagine how he'd feel coming down to Boots & Laces, signing a one-month deal and then being told, "You're on the bench Clarkey - we're gonna play the comedian ahead of you"!
Only last season Southend played Petterson when he was ineligible, so its not beyond the realms of possibility that Southend will try to play Darryl when he is suspended.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 14 2004,11:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 14 2004,10:56)]I know there is no such thing as bad publicity, but am I the only one who thinks the rest of the football world is having even more of a snigger at us now?
If I worried about people laughing at me, I'd never leave the house.
That'd be one explanation for the amount of posts.

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exiled Shrimper @ Oct. 14 2004,11:18)]That truly has to be a wind-up - and it's OK so long as Clarke knows it. Imagine how he'd feel coming down to Boots & Laces, signing a one-month deal and then being told, "You're on the bench Clarkey - we're gonna play the comedian ahead of you"!
Indeed, im really not so sure this is a wind up, and if it isn't then SUFC want us to pay £16 to watch a comedian in goal ?

Might be good for the papers but the people that matter (the fans) won't like it.

Fingers crossed !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 14 2004,16:11)]
[b said:
Indeed, im really not so sure this is a wind up, and if it isn't then SUFC want us to pay £16 to watch a comedian in goal ?

Might be good for the papers but the people that matter (the fans) won't like it.

Fingers crossed !
We've been paying to watch comedians for god knows how many years, one more won't make a difference.
biggrin.gif

Back