• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tim Dieng appreciation thread

I’ve not seen Dieng strike the ball like Andy Sussex in 2 years tbf

I will give him his due though, he has obviously knuckled down and started to show much improved performances. Obviously a lot is to do with the team around him but as individual we are seeing a much improved Dieng IMO

I'm not sure I've seen anyone strike the ball like Andy Sussex in 20 years tbf

JD?????? Never! Way behind TD on his performances this season. He is still a liability. Even today he fell over the ball and threw himself to the ground claiming a free kick that put us under pressure at the back. Luckily the attack resulted in a header over the bar.
Completely disagree. Dieng himself was a shambles in the early games this season. He’s improved dramatically since then and deserved MOM against Barrow. JD isn’t perfect, but watching some of those games where we looked a million miles off JD was the one player I looked at and thought was always in the game, always offering for the ball and always trying to do something. These are the games where Dieng often shied away. Just because the likes of Olayinka and Taylor have showed moments of magic doesn’t mean we need to forgot the other work involved in those matches.

I know this a Dieng thread, but as we're talking about the longer serving players Oxley looks a completely different player now. Can't believe his transformation since October. I thought he was finished.
A keeper is only as good as his defence, I think a lot of Oxley's indecision at the start of the season came from him having no idea if a defender was going to go for the ball or not, he seems to now be on the same wavelength as them which makes it easier for him to know whether to set himself for a shot or come out for the ball.

Sometime ago i posted that the then Barrow manager Dunn apparently was interested in signing Dieng because he knew him from their time at Oldham. Interestingly a number of us were happy to see him go .He has proved he is a usefull squad member able to play in defense and midfield and over the last few games has performed well.Long may this continue

Maybe the Barrow interest was just what Dieng needed. Who amongst us would not get their act together if the boss threatened to transfer you to Barrow.

Like everyone else, I'm pleased he has finally shown us he can play but he was coasting for 2 years previous. For ages it was said he doesn't have 90 minutes in him. What ever way you dress that up, it means he either hasn't done the work in training or he is taking the P.

Proceed with caution and no one can be offered new contracts at the current time.

Maybe the Barrow interest was just what Dieng needed. Who amongst us would not get their act together if the boss threatened to transfer you to Barrow.

Like everyone else, I'm pleased he has finally shown us he can play but he was coasting for 2 years previous. For ages it was said he doesn't have 90 minutes in him. What ever way you dress that up, it means he either hasn't done the work in training or he is taking the P.

Proceed with caution and no one can be offered new contracts at the current time.
Although I agree with this in general, as fans we should always remember that we don’t know what is going on in people’s personal lives and where their “head” is

there have been far far too many threads attacking a player and then weeks, months, years later we learn new facts which frames their performances very differently.

Bump.

What a guy ?

Still POTS for me so far. Desperately hope we can get him signed up for longer.
Agreed, hee gone from a pariah to a great player for us. Im putting it out there if rhe rumours were true he wanted out and didn't get the move and continues to give his all like he has then he can go with my blessing - so professional

Bump.

What a guy ?

Still POTS for me so far. Desperately hope we can get him signed up for longer.

Yep, before he even scored tonight he was my MOTM, seemed like he was always involved doing the ‘un-sung’ stuff. I thought the central trio linked up really well though and bossed the game.

Back