• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for RM to show he means it - actions speak louder than words !

Eh? How exactly has Ron Martin mis-lead you this year? He's been telling you but you choose not to listen.

I didn't specifically say this year YB - rather year after year. At the tail end of last year he certainly led me to think that we'd be getting more than we have signed so far when he said....

CHAIRMAN'S BLOG
Posted on: Wed 30 Dec 2009
It was great to win at Leyton Orient and to finish the year on a high. We probably played better against Colchester…. a game we were also very capable of winning.

Whilst some players have now come back from injury (Jean-Yves M'voto is also expected to return very soon) clearly there are areas we need to strengthen. Lee Barnard has done a tremendous job in becoming one of the Leagues leading scorers but we are not going to succeed with Lee alone. It was therefore good to see Adam Barrett and Allan McCormack both getting on the score sheet for the first time this season against the "O's" which will also help their confidence.

With the January window looming we particularly need reinforcements up front and fingers crossed the squad largely remains injury free in order to maintain continuity. In our promotion years one of the key ingredients was lack of injuries and suspensions enabling the same group of players to work together week in week out. The Club cannot account for the role lady luck plays but I do feel we have not had our fair share so far this season. I know Steve and Paul have targets in mind and hopefully the Club can make announcements very soon to help underpin that continuity.

Eh? How exactly has Ron Martin mis-lead you this year? He's been telling you but you choose not to listen.

I didn't specifically say this year YB - rather year after year. At the tail end of last year he certainly led me to think that we'd be getting more than we have signed so far when he said....

CHAIRMAN'S BLOG
Posted on: Wed 30 Dec 2009
It was great to win at Leyton Orient and to finish the year on a high. We probably played better against Colchester…. a game we were also very capable of winning.

Whilst some players have now come back from injury (Jean-Yves M'voto is also expected to return very soon) clearly there are areas we need to strengthen. Lee Barnard has done a tremendous job in becoming one of the Leagues leading scorers but we are not going to succeed with Lee alone. It was therefore good to see Adam Barrett and Allan McCormack both getting on the score sheet for the first time this season against the "O's" which will also help their confidence.

With the January window looming we particularly need reinforcements up front and fingers crossed the squad largely remains injury free in order to maintain continuity. In our promotion years one of the key ingredients was lack of injuries and suspensions enabling the same group of players to work together week in week out. The Club cannot account for the role lady luck plays but I do feel we have not had our fair share so far this season. I know Steve and Paul has a target in mind and hopefully the Club can make an announcement very soon to help underpin that continuity.

Not mis-leading, just an error in the text, which I have corrected for him.
Well, we've got Spencer........so he's true to his mis-quoted word............ ...............what else do you want?!!!!

Not mis-leading, just an error in the text, which I have corrected for him.
Well, we've got Spencer........so he's true to his mis-quoted word............ ...............what else do you want?!!!!

Ha ha nice one Yogi - as you spotted RM used the plural and certainly was 'big ing it up'.

He also is placing a lot of store in the return of Mvoto - how close to fitness is he, any one know?

And let two go so were no better off really. Mvoto is probably a month off playing and just lost Morrison with Malones loan up this saturday I believe.

I don't think we are much worse off since the window opened. Revell and Betsy were never gonna get a game, spencer will. We are better off here.

We lost Morrison, but Mvoto be a more than adequate replacement, when fit. Worse off here at the moment - depends how long beast will be before he's back.

We will lose Malone, but he isn't much better if any than Herd who is fit again. No difference.

In reality, we just need to spend enough to not get relegated this season - whether we like it or not thats the budget we have. We won't make the playoffs, so there is no point spending much on wages for the rest of the season. If that means getting a loan in when someone gets injured and trying to keep just a decent first 11 then so be it. Hopefully, come the summer, some cash will be freed up from the stadium plans and we can begin to rebuild for next season.

And let two go so were no better off really. Mvoto is probably a month off playing and just lost Morrison with Malones loan up this saturday I believe.

You can't include the two we let go (Revell and Betsy) as part of our squad numbers, because they were out on loan. If you want to say that's two out, we've had four in, because they returned from their loan spells before we off-loaded them.

Malone hasn't gone yet, we may still extend that loan or get someone else in on loan to replace him. Morrison is a loss, but Mvoto is back, although he's injured, but then on the flip side Herd and Sankofa are both now fit again so overall no loss in net head count there and with Spencer in, that makes it an overall increase in numbers.

With the exception of maybe central defence (although Francis can play there), every position has at least one alternative. That to me suggests that our squad is big enough. We can use loans to cover injuries and any other necessary changes are to do with quality not quantity.

I don't think we are much worse off since the window opened. Revell and Betsy were never gonna get a game, spencer will. We are better off here.

We lost Morrison, but Mvoto be a more than adequate replacement, when fit. Worse off here at the moment - depends how long beast will be before he's back.

We will lose Malone, but he isn't much better if any than Herd who is fit again. No difference.

In reality, we just need to spend enough to not get relegated this season - whether we like it or not thats the budget we have. We won't make the playoffs, so there is no point spending much on wages for the rest of the season. If that means getting a loan in when someone gets injured and trying to keep just a decent first 11 then so be it. Hopefully, come the summer, some cash will be freed up from the stadium plans and we can begin to rebuild for next season.

Now where have I heard that one before ?!

Do you and the benevolent OBL have inside information ?

Back