• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time For The Moussa

simac21

Coach
now maher has been suspended for the last two games and us looking doomed to relegation it's time to stick moussa in.
please tilson dont play hunt in midfield try something new.
we still havent had the chance to see our belgian wizard

FEED THE MOOSE AND HE WILL SCORE

Great shout - cannot do any worse than Hunt and we NEED to win - no good sticking Hunt in and doing a 'solid' job.

Feed the Moose!

Totally agree with you there good shout. Lets see if he can live up to his high expectations.

Totally agree, give the lad a chance. Lets face facts that we are down now and at least give him a couple of games before the season ends.

I think we should give him a chance, then we can start the chant of

"The Mousse, the mousse, the mousse is on fire!"

Yes gime him a chance, even though we still have a chance of staying up (yes i believe we are down too). Luton is a must win game and playing Hunt in the middle will be nothing other than negative. Hunt would be more solid defensivly but we have that in McCormack. It will be a tense game yet again but Moussa will have something extra to get him through that, something the other players dont have, he will be able to play without any of the fear and being his full debut he will run on pure adrenaline. He might be the creative one, the one to create the spark we never seen to have in central midfield.

Even if Gower is back, play Gower on the wing, not Foran. After his recent Barrington Belgrave type performances, a spell in the reserves should do him good.

If Gower is out then perhaps give Lawson a game, he loves Southend and im sure he would do his damm hardest, gives us more pace. Play him on the wing or upfront and play Bradbury on the wing.

We also need a creative bench not the usual defensive one. I would like to see this line up for the Luton game, its a must win and id gamble no sub keeper.

Flavs

Francis Clarke Barrett Hammell

JCR Moussa McCormack Bradbury

Eastwood Lawson

Subs:
Hunt
Ademeno
Cowley
Ledgister
Foran/Harrold

Any thoughts?

Whatever happens, lets get the feed the mousse chant going, because we haven't had that since last season. And also the mousse chant that was going around yesterday just sounds boring

Agree totally, give the lad a chance, he’s earned it and can’t do any worse.

Also have to agree but then again i think everyone has realised we are moreless down without doubt, so why not blend a few of the yonger players in and give them a run-out. Like Moussa, Ademeno etc...

If Gower is fit and Maher is suspended then I'd play McCormack and Gower in the middle, not least because I think they're our two most talented midfielders and I'm interested in seeing how they can play as a pair.

i agree that it is time to give him a little run in the team as lets face it, we really don't have anything to play for now but has anyone seen the boy play? I have heard good reports but apart from a couple of minutes here and there never actually seen him.

It would be a great couploe of games for him to show why he should be playing next season, and show what he can do!!

I'm not actually sure it's fair on Moussa to chuck him in at the deep end like that. All it needs is one bad pass (from anyone in the team) and the crowd are on the team's back. Heaven help him if he happens to make a mistake. His confidence will be shot to pieces.

Back