• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Silencer

Director
Not sure if all, some or any of the players read this Forum but I just hope the players realise how huge this game is and that they have the opportunity to become HERO'S.

In an era of journeymen footballers with most players staying at clubs for a season ot two on average, this is an amazing opportunity for a player to earn himself legendery status at a decent football club.

Look at the likes of Ian Benjamin, Freddy Eastwood, Wayne Gray, Peter Clarke.....even the like of Duncan Jupp and Drewe Broughton - they will always be adored and remembered for those moments of magic. Whether a player loves this club (yet) or not, if they score the goal that sends us through to our first Wembley final against one of our biggest rivals then Wow, that is certainly immortality and love guarenteed from the Southend fans forever.

Many players have a decent career, many are affiliated with a club or two but not too many are adored and fondly remembered for a piece of magic with such importance. I really have a good feeling that that this group of players know how much this means after the atmosphere and our away following in the first leg.

Go make yourselves HERO'S lads and become part of Southend United Forklore for years to come.

UTB

Not sure if all, some or any of the players read this Forum but I just hope the players realise how huge this game is and that they have the opportunity to become HERO'S.

In an era of journeymen footballers with most players staying at clubs for a season ot two on average, this is an amazing opportunity for a player to earn himself legendery status at a decent football club.

Look at the likes of Ian Benjamin, Freddy Eastwood, Wayne Gray, Peter Clarke.....even the like of Duncan Jupp and Drewe Broughton - they will always be adored and remembered for those moments of magic. Whether a player loves this club (yet) or not, if they score the goal that sends us through to our first Wembley final against one of our biggest rivals then Wow, that is certainly immortality and love guarenteed from the Southend fans forever.

Many players have a decent career, many are affiliated with a club or two but not too many are adored and fondly remembered for a piece of magic with such importance. I really have a good feeling that that this group of players know how much this means after the atmosphere and our away following in the first leg.

Go make yourselves HERO'S lads and become part of Southend United Forklore for years to come.

UTB

You had me hooked until you tried to tell me that I adore Drewe Broughton. He's a donkey who scored an important goal. I don't adore him, I laugh at him, and remember just how **** he was the rest of the time.

(I get your point though!)

You had me hooked until you tried to tell me that I adore Drewe Broughton. He's a donkey who scored an important goal and then needless got sent off which might have cost us the game unless you subscribe to the view that we were probably better off with 10 men then him needlessly conceding free-kicks. I don't adore him, I laugh at him, and remember just how **** he was the rest of the time.

(I get your point though!)

FTFY.

Also, can players not try and be heroes but just do their job.

The last thing we need is someone shooting from 30 yards when there's somebody better placed. We don't need players getting sent off and we don't need someone throwing themselves at the ball and taking themselves out of the game. Stick to your position, stick to the job Luggy has earmarked for you and get us to Wembley.

Theyll be heroes if we win the JPT. No one remembers runners up.

I appreciate your point Clinton Baptiste, but for me as there is no European or great financial reward for winning the JPT, the greater reward in my opinion is the occasion @ Wembley which will remain with us as Blues fans FOREVER.

Yes, winning the final is another opportunity to become a hero, however if we were to reach the final by beating your rivals, then that is hero status is my eyes. :happy:

Exactly . Remember the buzz the first time we got to the LDV final ? Something like 20,000 Blues fans travelled all the way to Cardiff .... Just bumping into so many old mates that day who hadnt been to a Southend game for years was a wonderful memory , it seemed like anyone who had ever been to a game was there at that match. Ok , we lost but what a magnificent occasion.

Now multiply that feeling several times + we get the short trip to Wembley Stadium , regarded as the home of football the world over. Our little club Southend Utd can play there and surely we must all agree that would be so awesome.

so every true fan has to forget any negativity or personal bias against individuals playing for us tomorrow night.

If some numpty sitting near you starts slagging off any of our players , be a REAL fan + Cheer the team on even louder + drown out the whingers... lets get BLOOOOO ARMYYYYYYY ringing around the Hall for 1 totally amazing night

UTB

:footballer:

We must Unite + cheer louder than ever & who knows , maybe April 7th we will all experience a day we will never , ever forget.

Gettingo Wembley is everything to me.

Just how many chances does one get to march through the capital wearing a Southend flag as a cape and drinking a can of export strength lager?

Gettingo Wembley is everything to me.

Just how many chances does one get to march through the capital wearing a Southend flag as a cape and drinking a can of export strength lager?

I guess you could still do that on the way to Barnet next Tuesday !!!!!!!

Back