• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time to go and I’m not just talking about Powell!

southendwill

Youth Team
That was unacceptable. Playing 1 up top at home to a team who are second bottom is a disgrace.

Powell needs to go no question. Our only target man is injured and your pumping the ball long to cox! WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING YOU ****!

3-0 down and Powell is sat down doing nothing given up! What does that say about him. We got bullied by a striker who was utter **** for us last season basically a competition winner.

Fans needs to be honest now and say enough is enough!

10 injuries to our first team.

Missing a whole back line.

He's doing great condidering that if you ask me. A bit of perspective is needed.

10 injuries to our first team.

Missing a whole back line.

He's doing great condidering that if you ask me. A bit of perspective is needed.

**** off

You cannot have watched that game and tell anyone he’s doing great. Utterly clueless game plan

Funny when Brown has injuries everyone blamed him and wanted him sacked? The Powell love him continues as he played a few years with us and makes a few people smile. Absolute joke, today once again was not good enough. A good goal late on (that the keeper should of saved) does not hide anything!

Whilst I agree that CP isn’t resolved from any of the blame just because of injuries, I do also still think he is the right man. For now. Though I question his style at times, especially playing one up top against such a poor team I have to ask who in this current situation would do a better job?

Whilst I agree that CP isn’t resolved from any of the blame just because of injuries, I do also still think he is the right man. For now. Though I question his style at times, especially playing one up top against such a poor team I have to ask who in this current situation would do a better job?

****ing anyone that can at least inspire. Or if we need to cut the wage bill, ping him off and give Maher a go....can’t do any worse surely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not saying we weren't diabolical (because we were) but that's bit harsh on Ladapo, he's one of the League's top scorers this season and is only 4 goals off the top spot. I think not making it here was a big wake up call to him and he's clearly worked hard to improve over the summer because the ball wasn't sticking to him like that when he played for us.

Give it a rest u mug. He’s got a full strength back line out injured, a striker who he built his game plan around out injured and hasn’t been able to play the same lineup at almost every week.

Yes the game was crap, and many have been this season, but u find me a manager who can do better available to replace Powell. I’ll wait

Not saying we weren't diabolical (because we were) but that's bit harsh on Ladapo, he's one of the League's top scorers this season. I think not making it here was a big wake up call to him and he's clearly worked hard to improve over the summer because the ball wasn't sticking to him like that when he played for us.
Ladapo plays a simple, uncomplcated game and is not expected to do things he can't do. In his few appearances for us he never had the service to play to his strengths which we saw today. Of course he will score goals in a side that understands that.

**** off

You cannot have watched that game and tell anyone he’s doing great. Utterly clueless game plan

No, it wasn't a good game.

But in general he's doing about as well as he can given the injuries and lack of funds

****ing anyone that can at least inspire. Or if we need to cut the wage bill, ping him off and give Maher a go....can’t do any worse surely.

We can't pay our tax bill and you'd think we'd be able to pay off the rest of his contract?

No, it wasn't a good game.

But in general he's doing about as well as he can given the injuries and lack of funds

We can't pay our tax bill and you'd think we'd be able to pay off the rest of his contract?

Unfortunately not. Maybe let him go back to being a scout...which is where the rest of the football world left him.

Ladapo plays a simple, uncomplcated game and is not expected to do things he can't do. In his few appearances for us he never had the service to play to his strengths which we saw today. Of course he will score goals in a side that understands that.
Maybe I'm misremembering but I remember Ladapo constantly failing to play simple passes and despite his size he got muscled off the ball at every opportunity, he also couldn't shoot straight. Also we were winning pretty much every game at the start of Powell's reign and were creating numerous chances, so how was he not getting service? Ladapo looked a different man today and seems to have worked on his flaws over the summer to me.

Maybe I'm misremembering but I remember Ladapo constantly failing to play simple passes and despite his size he got muscled off the ball at every opportunity, he also couldn't shoot straight. Also we were winning pretty much every game at the start of Powell's reign and were creating numerous chances, so how was he not getting service? Ladapo looked a different man today and seems to have worked on his flaws over the summer to me.

That’s the Ladapo I remember. I remember watching him for long periods of time during a 0-3 home defeat against Walsall whereby he rarely moved from one blade of grass and despite his size (he towered over the defending centre back) he failed to win one header. He is without doubt one of the worst players I’ve seen in a blue shirt.

That said, today and over this season the bloke is playing like ****ing prime fat Ronaldo.

Yes we have a lot of injuries but that doesn't mean we should still be humping long ball's to Cox all game and it does not effect the ability to pass the ball to each other.

We need a game plan for the players we have fit. I would take Sturrage style of football if that's what it takes.

Yes we have a lot of injuries but that doesn't mean we should still be humping long ball's to Cox all game and it does not effect the ability to pass the ball to each other.

We need a game plan for the players we have fit. I would take Sturrage style of football if that's what it takes.
If you mean Sturridge I doubt he would leave Liverpool for us. Now if we're talking Sturrock I think I would rather stick with a fully fit Powell squad. Realistically I'm not going to get either of them. I'm afraid its a grin and bear it till the end of the season for us.

I agree with some of the comments but not all of them.
Playing one up front at home against a team hovering at the bottom of the table is quite frankly in my view poor management decision however, in some ways I do feel slightly for him and what he has got to select from given all the current injuries.
What I do have trouble understanding is - where is the passion and positivity along with any creativity in the current players and let’s be honest here these are professionals players so therefore do they not have to take some responsibility?
I always say I never mind losing (well I do really) if we have played to our full potential but today was something else.
I still think SCP should remain in place.

How are we meant to play a Sturrock style of football when our only available striker is Cox?

Yes, we shouldn't be lumping the ball long to Cox, obviously. However you also have to consider that our current defence contains Elvis, Hendrie and White (who is alright defensively, but very poor passing the ball on the ground). It's quite easy to see why we're struggling to keep the ball on the ground when you look at the personnel available.

Give it a rest u mug. He’s got a full strength back line out injured, a striker who he built his game plan around out injured and hasn’t been able to play the same lineup at almost every week.

Yes the game was crap, and many have been this season, but u find me a manager who can do better available to replace Powell. I’ll wait
Ya mug ya mug ya mug .... listen to yourself

Funny when Brown has injuries everyone blamed him and wanted him sacked? The Powell love him continues as he played a few years with us and makes a few people smile. Absolute joke, today once again was not good enough. A good goal late on (that the keeper should of saved) does not hide anything!

You say that to infer that Brown should have been spared the abuse, yet then go on to imply that Powell is the problem. Which one is right, because they can’t both be?

Back