• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

clohessy - right back - had a poor second half of the season, replaceable
Tomlin - quick but wasted too many chances
britt - hot and cold
mohsni - liability

We're trying to add stability and cover - bring in a new striker and perhaps another midfielder who can really create chances and i think we'll be up there

Firstly - I will be getting behind the blues, that's a separate issue.

But you really think that we are close to "being up there"? Even if we have only lost 2 of the "better" players from last seasons team -that is 2 better players from one of the worst teams in this division for the latter part of the season. The departing players have so far been replaced by two Col Ewe cast offs and a guy that Bratfud didn't want to keep. Yes we might pick up a couple more free agents and may be able to raid the Loan market - but then so can every other team in the division.

To be honest I think avoiding relegation this year will be a big success, and should certainly be the biggest concern

Firstly - I will be getting behind the blues, that's a separate issue.

But you really think that we are close to "being up there"? Even if we have only lost 2 of the "better" players from last seasons team -that is 2 better players from one of the worst teams in this division for the latter part of the season. The departing players have so far been replaced by two Col Ewe cast offs and a guy that Bratfud didn't want to keep. Yes we might pick up a couple more free agents and may be able to raid the Loan market - but then so can every other team in the division.

To be honest I think avoiding relegation this year will be a big success, and should certainly be the biggest concern
So your saying that there aren't at least two worst teams than us in this division? Bit over dramatic there tbh!

I think there are two worse teams out there, but an average side combined with an administration liable to not pay players and crucial bills on time is not a great concoction. We could well be right down there this season.

Ok you have named the two best of our players we have lost CLOHESSY and TOMLIN Britt wasn't ours he was a loan MOHSNI well enough said . AND the rest we lost were either bit part players or loans .So no matter how you look at it we have only lost two of our main first team :winking:

Hmmn not sure I follow the logic there. Britt was a loan yet played 40 games, so that makes him a 1st team player surely.

That said we have only lost 3 players and are regaining Timlin so that balances it out a bit. We could of course lose Cresswell at some point.

Im not sure losing X amount of players matters, these players after all failed last year. What matters is losing the better players in the squad, its fine saying we have retained 8 players but we need to improve the squad to do better not maintain it.

We lost Keith Dublin and Julian Hails and somehow survived those POTY losses. Clinging to that helps me through the day.

Im disappointed to lose Clohessey, but not as much as I was to lose Hall last year, yet Hurst did a decent job of filling his boots. Im sure White will be a solid enough replacement, I hope we can find a gem up front as I think we might find ourselves lacking up front (unless Corr and Eastwood do actually stay fit)

So your saying that there aren't at least two worst teams than us in this division? Bit over dramatic there tbh!

There weren't for the last few months of last season, no. We were absolutely awful...maybe Aldershot were worse, but they have gone.

I'm not saying we're going to get relegated....but as things stand that's got to be more likely than getting promoted

There weren't for the last few months of last season, no. We were absolutely awful...maybe Aldershot were worse, but they have gone.

I'm not saying we're going to get relegated....but as things stand that's got to be more likely than getting promoted

We might have been awful, but the whole league is awful. You don't need a squad full of players that can thrill the world.

On 2nd March, we had played 35 games, amounted 51 points and were 6 points off the play-offs with Rotherham (in 7th) having a game in hand. 11 games later we had managed to get another 10 points and 8 points behind 7th place. So even though we were relegation form during that period, we only fell off by 2 points from a team that had a game in hand on us.

Before Timlin got injured we were challenging for automatic promotion, when he got injured we were struggling to earn a point each game. Coincidence?

Back