• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Timothee Dieng

Equalised for Exeter as they played Bradford in the replay of the replay in the 1st round proper of the FA Cup.

Scored his 10th of the season tonight.

It was one of 4 that Mark Oxley let in, as Dieng’s Exeter ran-out 4-3 winners to win their game in hand to move back into the automatic promotion places.

Scored his 10th of the season tonight.

It was one of 4 that Mark Oxley let in, as Dieng’s Exeter ran-out 4-3 winners to win their game in hand to move back into the automatic promotion places.

….from the sub’s bench……

10 goals is a great return from midfield. Fair play to him, he’s having a good season

I wonder if they play him slightly more advanced though. His goal tally would suggest he isn’t playing CDM.

He is doing well at Exeter and good luck to him but he was still part of the worst and weakest midfield I have seen in over 50 years of supporting SUFC. I assume he is putting in some effort and making tackles these days.

10 goals is a great return from midfield. Fair play to him, he’s having a good season

I wonder if they play him slightly more advanced though. His goal tally would suggest he isn’t playing CDM.
maybe more like a Wordsworth

He is doing well at Exeter and good luck to him but he was still part of the worst and weakest midfield I have seen in over 50 years of supporting SUFC. I assume he is putting in some effort and making tackles these days.
I know it is a game of opinions but I thought he paired well with Kyle Taylor in midfield, and, I think they both played together we had a functioning midfield.
Worst ever midfield? Give me Taylor and Dieng over Dunne and Agogo any day of the week.
There many many reasons for the misery we had to suffer last season but I suspect had KT avoided injury and then Covid and been able to play throughout the season it might have just helped us gather sufficient points to avoid relegation.
We will never know, and, it is just an opinion.

I know it is a game of opinions but I thought he paired well with Kyle Taylor in midfield, and, I think they both played together we had a functioning midfield.
Worst ever midfield? Give me Taylor and Dieng over Dunne and Agogo any day of the week.
There many many reasons for the misery we had to suffer last season but I suspect had KT avoided injury and then Covid and been able to play throughout the season it might have just helped us gather sufficient points to avoid relegation.
We will never know, and, it is just an opinion.

Fair point, he was better alongside Kyle Taylor - I guess I am thinking further back to the Dieng/Mantom days. Best forgotten - main thing is how much better we are now !

Kyle Taylor also joined Exeter - on 31 August and has only started 5 league games for them - and only one since October when Dieng was unavailable- usually keeping the bench warm. I don’t think he is anywhere near as good as we think - just slightly better than a very very bad bunch last year.

Kyle Taylor also joined Exeter - on 31 August and has only started 5 league games for them - and only one since October when Dieng was unavailable- usually keeping the bench warm. I don’t think he is anywhere near as good as we think - just slightly better than a very very bad bunch last year.
I do not know if it can be be borne out by facts but my instincts are that when he started/played our results were better.

Steady on old chap.

Some of us think Taylor was **** just like the rest of MM’s signings.

Was arguably our best player last season (maybe not difficult), but also seems to be an important player for Exeter this season and could be playing in League 1 next season with them.

I’d be interested to see if his “attendance” record has improved since his time at Southend….

Back