• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interestingly, had the pleasure of sharing a workout this afternoon with Ted Smith at my local gym. I say interestingly for a number of reasons, not least that it took me more than a while to work out that it was actually him. From my vantage point in the South Upper, I've always had the impression of him as being relatively 'lightweight' and 'short'! But he actually isn't.

I'm 6'2" and he more than stands eye to eye to me - in fact I think he was actually slightly taller. And while I don't normally take any interest in what someone else is 'benching', I can say he's certainly no mug there either making my initial impressions even more bizarre.

Anyway, very nice guy. Model pro. Wants to do well and desperately wants to make the jersey his own. Is a definite fan of Brown's and tells me the players want to play for him. Despite what we sometimes see or read, Ted made a specific point of recognising that Brown often takes the pressure off of the players and puts it on himself. They're all confident about the rest of the season, particularly with the likes of Ranger due back soon too.

So not sharing anything he wouldn't want me to share here but, off the field, he's a credit to our club. I hope we get the best of him on the field in the future.

Top lad and a pleasure to talk to him.

I'm assuming the title refers to the fact that after bonding you shared the shower?

He is a lovely guy, and being a former pupil at King John, one with a real connection locally. I had my photo taken last season with him, to show my boss as his daughter was in the same cohort at KJ and knew him and his family well, and bearing in mind I am 5' 10", I certainly "looked up" to him. He's not slight either, he HAS bulked up, he just is a different physique to Dan.

I really do hope Ted starts on Tuesday night (and in the other away game in the Stevenage Pointless Trophy game).

Regardless of his performances at League one level this season. I believe he has some "Dan Bentley" esque potential inside him, he just needs to gain more professional match experience to improve further.

Interestingly, had the pleasure of sharing a workout this afternoon with Ted Smith at my local gym. I say interestingly for a number of reasons, not least that it took me more than a while to work out that it was actually him. From my vantage point in the South Upper, I've always had the impression of him as being relatively 'lightweight' and 'short'! But he actually isn't.

I'm 6'2" and he more than stands eye to eye to me - in fact I think he was actually slightly taller. And while I don't normally take any interest in what someone else is 'benching', I can say he's certainly no mug there either making my initial impressions even more bizarre.

Anyway, very nice guy. Model pro. Wants to do well and desperately wants to make the jersey his own. Is a definite fan of Brown's and tells me the players want to play for him. Despite what we sometimes see or read, Ted made a specific point of recognising that Brown often takes the pressure off of the players and puts it on himself. They're all confident about the rest of the season, particularly with the likes of Ranger due back soon too.

So not sharing anything he wouldn't want me to share here but, off the field, he's a credit to our club. I hope we get the best of him on the field in the future.

Top lad and a pleasure to talk to him.

But every player hates brown...fact....end of....close thread

Hopefully the negative about PB should stop, leave the job to Col Ewes fans after losing 2-0 to Carlisle on Saturday :hilarious:

So the Roslin has a gym with free weights, whatever next.

SBH mentioned a barBELL not a bar bill! Not sure why else you'd bring the Roslin into the conversation?!

I thought that's where the players spend all their spare time. You know leaning over the likes of ironshrimpers table and slurring how much they hate PB. I mean that's what we are told, so it must be true.

SBH must have ben wearing his rose tinted glasses, if he thinks one of our players likes PB and could be a credit to our club.

I thought that's where the players spend all their spare time. You know leaning over the likes of ironshrimpers table and slurring how much they hate PB. I mean that's what we are told, so it must be true.

SBH must have ben wearing his rose tinted glasses, if he thinks one of our players likes PB and could be a credit to our club.

you're totally entitled to post what you like, but this one doesn't add too much to a pleasant thread.

I think Rigsby was being ironic.

Or was he?

Yes, I think he was.

Or not.

Either way it's unlikely that many players really dislike PB.

Or is it?

A manager should be a leader and an inspiration, not your best friend. I wonder how many MU players liked Ferguson? On the other hand I bet very few players really disliked Paul Sturrock or Steve Tilson.

Managers should be judged on match results.

Back