• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tips and Q+A

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
I have a vested interest in starting this thread with a crucial FC game tomorrow so the first Q is pitch related. I'm away on H&F and struggling for details. Weather affect, do I go with an extra bat, so 4 bowlers and anything else useful. I have no F so it's all about combo of seamers and spinners. Thinking 3 and 1 or 3 and 2. My bowlers can take wickets so all about whether extra bat gives me the edge?

All depends on the weather which I think has more effect than the pitch. What comparative levels are the extra bat compared to the 5th bowler that wouldn't play and how far will you bat down in either case? How far down does your opponent bat and does he have gun players or a steady line up?

Would be a trainee remarkable/superb bat over a Double remarkable still training spinner or possibly A remarkable/superb 4th seamer + 1 spinner. They're relying on two big bats and two big bowlers who will be invigorated at best tomorrow which is why I'm currently favouring bat over bowl. What's the bowling weather for taking wickets.

this thing is good...

http://garyjones.co.uk/bat/stadium

surely not worth expanding until a weeks time though, as you will go another week with no fixtures whilst paying higher maintanence. Mr B would know best, but youd want to finish your expansion the day before your firts home game of the season surely?

Thinking of doing it after Saturdays updates. First OD will be at home with a member bonus from 2 promos. Having said that supporter mood reset probably counteracts this until the wins kick in and sods law says I draw B in cup

hopefully if you draw B in the cup it is away and you can take advantage of his 100k+ 50/50 split!

How do you know if your first match is home away? i finished 2nd in FC and 4th in OD if that helps

(also my franchise finished 2nd in OD who i should expand also soon)

hopefully if you draw B in the cup it is away and you can take advantage of his 100k+ 50/50 split!

How do you know if your first match is home away? i finished 2nd in FC and 4th in OD if that helps

(also my franchise finished 2nd in OD who i should expand also soon)
Definitely no point expanding your stadium to be ready for the first game as your supporter mood won't move up that quickly. Hence me being desperate to finish 2nd in FC!

Davros, in both leagues it's 1st v 2nd, 3rd v 4th etc so you'll be away in both formats which is good news as you can get your supporter mood up for your first home games (assuming you win!).

I would hope for an easier game in Round 1 myself!!

Q&A this morning mentions that oldies will soon start deteriorating in all skills rather than just stamina. Should have come in long ago but glad its finally arrived.

As most players stop training at last primary pop I imagine there will be a mass plop across all oldies in the first week it takes effect!

Damn it I just bought a 34 year old!

Anyway as you say that seems like something that should have been in place a long time ago.

The main thing to remember is the skill plop doesn't make that much difference, they'll be 12.98 rather than 13.02 or whatever. I imagine the drops will be fairly gradual, key on the TL will be to identify the players that have just plopped against those that are about to.

Doubt it will arrive before next season.

Back