• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tison will not be rushed..

onceknownasrab

President
...according to the OS. Seems to be in direct contrast to the statements made by RM. Tilly also states he has players in mind and its about getting ONE. HMMM? Only one eh? Then he goes on to criticise the seven subs rule for this season. Only three can be used so at the least it allows the opportunity for fringe and young players to be involved in the first team set-up and should exclude any need to name a subs bench that does not include a keeper. Whats so wrong with that?

Sorry, I should have realised, with the crap going on at ROOTs Hall over supposed war chests and transfers we will seldom be in a position to name seven subs of any note.

One player? Obviously Tilly knows the team better than any of us, but i'd go out on a limb and say i'm not the only one who thinks we need about 4! Could it be a case of Ron saying to Tilly "you can only have one, so choose carefully?"

And i thought Ron said we were on the verge of signing a CB to replace Clarke?

And i thought Ron said we were on the verge of signing a CB to replace Clarke?

He actually said 'Steve hopes to sign a CB this week', but forgot to add 'but there's no f***ing chance of that happening 'cos I wont be giving him any money'.

I'm joking of course.

We'll probably sign some fringe player from Tranmere once Barnes has decided who he wants to keep ....

I reckon we missed out on Ben Chorley - A centre back that chose to join Orient instead of other unnamed L1 teams.

I thought Chorley was near Manchester :thump: :dizzy:

:D:clap:

Having now read the BBC report on this it says 8 clubs were in for him. Lets assume we were one of those - RM could be saying a couple of days ago it was immenent and once events unfolded, Tilly knowing we were unlikely to get him, said subsequently he wouldn't be rushed.

There we are - mystery solved and no conflict between RM and Tilly.

Just guessing of course ;)

Back to Dagenham maybe ?

:D:clap:

Having now read the BBC report on this it says 8 clubs were in for him. Lets assume we were one of those - RM could be saying a couple of days ago it was immenent and once events unfolded, Tilly knowing we were unlikely to get him, said subsequently he wouldn't be rushed.

There we are - mystery solved and no conflict between RM and Tilly.

Just guessing of course ;)

Back to Dagenham maybe?

Do the Dagenham Girl Pipers still exist?

I am certainly not trying to be too negative and over the last five seasons I have had many reasons to be grateful but I do wonder how much the hands of Tilly are tied and how much is down to Tilly making poor decisions. Not being rushed smacks of a man who has the strength of character to fly in the face of all those that would prefer quicker signings but it also has the ring of someone who has not learnt from the experience of previous seasons. What can his reasoning be? Usually Tilly trots out the old chestnut of 'not going to sign anyone who is not an improvement on whats here'. Well he has done on numerous occassions and constant reliance on loanees does not always improve a side for sure.
Anyone who has ever watched football has known that we needed a tall CB for seasons and yet Tilly never got round to it until the latter half of last season when all chance had already gone. Had he moved Francis there on a permanent basis it would have done no worse than what we saw early on. Is it a rift between RM and tilly or is he really so naive or arrogant as to believe his judgement calls can never be wrong? If his hands are tied by the chairman then he is a fool to continue. One poor season now, with perhaps relegation and a lot of the public kudos he has built up will dissipate quicker than a smile from Gordon Brown.

Erm, correct me if i'm wrong but currently we have 12 first team players according to the OS.

Unless we have some unknown wonderkids in our youth system, who will tear this league apart, we Badly need players.

...according to the OS. Seems to be in direct contrast to the statements made by RM. Tilly also states he has players in mind and its about getting ONE. HMMM? Only one eh? Then he goes on to criticise the seven subs rule for this season. Only three can be used so at the least it allows the opportunity for fringe and young players to be involved in the first team set-up and should exclude any need to name a subs bench that does not include a keeper. Whats so wrong with that?

you saved me writing ,spot on

Erm, correct me if i'm wrong but currently we have 12 first team players according to the OS.

Unless we have some unknown wonderkids in our youth system, who will tear this league apart, we Badly need players.

Normal situation for this time of year, methinks. IIRC it was around this time last year that T+B were getting Fat Sam from The Fish House to do a few circuits of Priory Park

you are wrong where the hell did you get 12 players from??

Try 19 mate!

1. Mildenhall
2. Francis
3. Barrett
4. Grant
5. McCormack
6. Barnard
7. Walker
8. Revell
9. Scannell
10. Moussa
11. Sankofa
12. Freedman
13. Herd
14. JCF
15. Betsy
16. Joyce
17. Masters
18. Laurent
19. O'Keefe

I agree we need a few signings, but we certainly dont need players badly as you put it

Normal situation for this time of year, methinks. IIRC it was around this time last year that T+B were getting Fat Sam from The Fish House to do a few circuits of Priory Park

That's the worrying part. As i said on another thread, all the emergency loan crap will be our downfall. We need a squad that has strength in depth if we are to kick on up the league. Add into the mix that Lg1 will be the toughest it's ever been, and we could be in trouble.

Last season there was constant talk about "we still haven't replaced Bailey and Gower etc." and that was why we struggled. If you look at the current squad, we STILL haven't replaced those players, and to make matters worse, we have now lost 3 more players who made the team 'look' very strong towards the back end of the season.

Back