• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Titanic 3D

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Anyone else getting nagged by their other half to take them to see this?

I can't stand it myself and believe it is over 3 hours long? (Never watched it all the way through)

But, to keep her sweet I will pay the ludicrous prices to go and see this shower...

Does anyone know when it is due to hit the Odeon in Southend?

I can't stand it myself and believe it is over 3 hours long? (Never watched it all the way through)

But, to keep her sweet I will pay the ludicrous prices to go and see this shower...

I think it actually hit an iceberg mate.:dim:

Just give he £30.00 and tell her to go with a mate!

You wouldnt find me watching it for no body

Fortunately it's not something I want to see.....I don't really "get" this thing about having to see films in 3D, am I becoming horribly past it?! Released on 5th April so probably next week or the week after I expect.

Anyone else getting nagged by their other half to take them to see this?QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat.

Reckon I'll be able to persuade her to go with the in-laws instead though. Seeing Winslet and DiCaprisun come gurning out of the screen at me in 3D is more than I'd be able to stand.

I'm in the same boat.

Reckon I'll be able to persuade her to go with the in-laws instead though. Seeing Winslet and DiCaprisun come gurning out of the screen at me in 3D is more than I'd be able to stand.

Erm, not sure if you've studied history, but i'd find another boat sharpish!

What's the ****ing point? Will a **** film be made good by things whizzing out of the screen at you? No, it'll just be a **** film in 3D, like 99.9% of them.

Only benefit I can see to this, is seeing Kate Winslot's norks in 3D. Seem's like a small return for £30 though.

Tell you what, for £12 - I'll get my kids to do a puppet show recreation of Titantic - not only will it be 3D, but it'll only be 10 minutes long, and you'll save £18 to spend in my kitchen where you'll find cheese baps, Pickled Onion Monster Munch, Extra hot Pepperami, bottles of Corona & some out of date Worcester Sauce.

You'll also get a £1 off voucher for the showing of Titanic 2: The zombie years. Where all the deceased get attacked by a zombie clownfish. Rise from the sea and swim to the nearest nudist beach, where you'll enjoy 35 minutes of sex, guns, explosions, 80's one liners (think Arnie replying to a question asking about the location of the bad guy he's deposited into the midst of some zombie passengers; "He's just popped out for a bite"), no storyline whatsoever and possibly a cameo from Chuck Norris (The zombie bites Chuck, Chuck looks at zombie, zombie turns into Chuck).

You're welcome.

Fortunately it's not something I want to see.....I don't really "get" this thing about having to see films in 3D, am I becoming horribly past it?! Released on 5th April so probably next week or the week after I expect.

Kids films, ie Pixar etc I think benefit from 3D and make them bearable for parents as you can at least enjoy the gimmick, but thats all it is a gimmick. Real movies I just dont see the point.

I dont think they add anything to a movie and I dont like the motion in 3D, seems blurry to me.

Kids films, ie Pixar etc I think benefit from 3D and make them bearable for parents as you can at least enjoy the gimmick, but thats all it is a gimmick. Real movies I just dont see the point.

I dont think they add anything to a movie and I dont like the motion in 3D, seems blurry to me.

Agreed, when you go to Florida to any of the parks that show 3D films it's stuff like the Muppets, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Star Wars and of course now, Toy Story and Shrek that are great fun in 3 or even 4D. Who wants to go and experience the impact of the ship hitting the iceberg and having all that water rushing in?!

Having seen a man take a dump in 3D while watching Jackass Titanic 3D may be marginally more disgusting.

I watched Toy Story 3 and Up in both 2D and 3D and the 3D did not make the film any more enjoyable. In fact the glasses gave me a headache.

I watched Toy Story 3 and Up in both 2D and 3D and the 3D did not make the film any more enjoyable. In fact the glasses gave me a headache.

I do like the 3D on the Pixar type films, not neccessarily because it makes the film better but it just adds something to a film I may not actually be very interested in. We saw Arthur Christmas and it made it bearable, well for about 40 minutes till I fell asleep. At least the glasses hid the fact I was asleep.

Same here the motion in 3D does make me feel odd.

I concur, somehow the animated flicks like How To Train Your Dragon (first flick I saw in 3D, and it was bloody gorgeous) do it better than the live-actions, even though nine times in ten they've both had the 3D tacked on at the end.

As for Titanic, fortunately I have a girlfriend who hates that film (she hates soppy "gooey" crap like that), so I don't have to worry about it, just a free run through Wrath of the Titans and Hunger Games for me.

I concur, somehow the animated flicks like How To Train Your Dragon (first flick I saw in 3D, and it was bloody gorgeous) do it better than the live-actions, even though nine times in ten they've both had the 3D tacked on at the end.

As for Titanic, fortunately I have a girlfriend who hates that film (she hates soppy "gooey" crap like that), so I don't have to worry about it, just a free run through Wrath of the Titans and Hunger Games for me.

Girlfriend swap?

Back