• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To be PC or not to be PC.

Understand what the post says but feel maybe its not right to say it as war is not everyones cup of tea but are you PC or non PC,me i say what i think when i think it,if it walks like a duck talks like a duck then i will call it a duck how about you?

I took the link down because when i opened the comments they were a tad naughty so i must be very pc then.

I say what I think too, sod the PC brigade.

Just read in the paper that a guy in RAF uniform was in hospital after an injury while training as he was moved out of the way of the public so as not to offend anyone. Now we all know what 'anyone' means don't we

I think if we respected each other on religion, politics, colour, creed etc, then being PC would not be brought into equation

UTS

I say what I think too, sod the PC brigade.

Just read in the paper that a guy in RAF uniform was in hospital after an injury while training as he was moved out of the way of the public so as not to offend anyone. Now we all know what 'anyone' means don't we

Did that really happen though.

So many examples of PC and non PC behaviour seem to involve anecdotes.

Political correctness is used by some to justify people who say offensive things.

Real PC behaviour like the RAF guy is absurd though and actually offensive. After all they moved him so not to offend others, yet end up offending someone who served his country. Makes no sense.

Whether it's true or not, let's not forget that News International, who hacked the phones of dead soldiers, ran the story.

Whether it's true or not, let's not forget that News International, who hacked the phones of dead soldiers, ran the story.

It is true because they had to apologise as told by the local news.
The link i put up was of the Hungarian PM saying that if the migrants can fight with the police then why can they not fight with isis but the comments after were a tad racy.
I agree with the PM,s views but not some of the comments hence the removal.

The link i put up was of the Hungarian PM saying that if the migrants can fight with the police then why can they not fight with isis but the comments after were a tad racy.

OK, just caught up with the follow-up story. Sounds like the soldier wasn't too bothered by it all but his dad wants to make a big fuss. Hospitals (and waiting rooms) can be difficult situations and environments, and so it is somewhat understandable if they want to avoid the situations they've had before. But also, it does seem "PC gone mad":winking:

The Hungarian police probably won't behead or burn alive anyone they capture.

OK, just caught up with the follow-up story. Sounds like the soldier wasn't too bothered by it all but his dad wants to make a big fuss. Hospitals (and waiting rooms) can be difficult situations and environments, and so it is somewhat understandable if they want to avoid the situations they've had before. But also, it does seem "PC gone mad":winking:

And so he should. Otherwise we might end up with separate waiting rooms for homosexuals and Jews because they offend certain sections of our community

And so he should. Otherwise we might end up with separate waiting rooms for homosexuals and Jews because they offend certain sections of our community

Don't be an idiot.

The statement from the hospital says he was asked if it was ok for him to sit somewhere else and that the solider was happy to. To me, that doesn't come across as a big deal, even though it does seem problematic. It's not forced segregation, it's just looking to avoid situations from occurring which sadly do occur quite a lot in hospital A&Es and waiting rooms.

The hospital has revised its policies and procedures, so it sounds to me like everyone has come away happy - apart from the grumpy dad.

I think if we respected each other on religion, politics, colour, creed etc, then being PC would not be brought into equation

UTS

Agreed, but those religions, politics, colours and creeds need to also accept that valid criticism, questioning and down right **** taking are par for the course as long as it doesn't fall into insult - a fine line to navigate.

Don't be an idiot.

The statement from the hospital says he was asked if it was ok for him to sit somewhere else and that the solider was happy to. To me, that doesn't come across as a big deal, even though it does seem problematic. It's not forced segregation, it's just looking to avoid situations from occurring which sadly do occur quite a lot in hospital A&Es and waiting rooms.

The hospital has revised its policies and procedures, so it sounds to me like everyone has come away happy - apart from the grumpy dad.

Firstly why the insult?

Why should they even be asking him in the first place though?

Just by doing so you are making an issue out of a non issue.

He might have been fine with it, but what if he had been offended by it? Are his feelings less than those who might be offended by him doing a legitimate job ?

Absurd.

Don't be an idiot.

So if I was in A and E and there was a muslim there in full Burka and it offended me, it would be right for that muslim to be moved elsewhere?

Firstly why the insult?

Why should they even be asking him in the first place though?

Just by doing so you are making an issue out of a non issue.

He might have been fine with it, but what if he had been offended by it? Are his feelings less than those who might be offended by him doing a legitimate job ?

Absurd.

Starting to sensationalise things by mentioning jews and homosexuals is idiotic.

The soldier was there, and obviously a nurse or whoever has had a conversation with him which he was happy to abide with. He hasn't felt the need to go to the press. His Dad has.

Taking the situation at face value, it's a stupid thing to try and do, even if for the right reasons. However the fact that it's blown up into such a big story seems ridiculous - it's yet another example of the 'PC gone mad' argument and The Sun are happy to jump onto that. As you said on the first page, 'PC brigade' is a term that's mainly used to excuse people's offensive views.

So if I was in A and E and there was a muslim there in full Burka and it offended me, it would be right for that muslim to be moved elsewhere?

I've never condoned what the hospital/nurse did. In this situation, they can't win - they either have a fight or row breaking out, or they try to quietly and politely manage situations so that things don't kick off. With constrained budgets and A&E a difficult environment, you can understand (but not condone) why they did what they did - fights and arguments break out in A&E all too often.

Don't be an idiot.

Earlier today you disputed whether this story had actually ever taken place. Now your an expert on the whole incident.

I like your management speak on forced segregation, you should consider a career in politics.

Your posts have all had a dig at the dad for quite rightly highlighting his sons treatment by some spineless NHS staff. What if the son had special needs and the hospital was looking to 'avoid a situation' would you still think the dad was grumpy.

Back