• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To keep or not to keep - That is the question (Part 1)

To keep or not to keep

• Total voters
What have you seen that makes you think this!? woeful footballer - would have him as one of the first to get out the club
We've only seen very brief glimpses of him in that position since he came back and he looked much better there during his first spell - was causing defences in the league above all sorts of bother.

I’d keep Elvis, Clifford, and Hobson from this list. Hart and Cordner could be useful as backup so I’d put them as a maybe.

Seaden, Howard and Osimeh probably a decision for Ricky Duncan to make.

The rest can go.

Have voted for all the youngsters who haven’t seen action this season, so the likes of MMN, Osimeh etc as I would think they will be part of the back up squad next year.

The only “seniors” I would consider keeping are Clifford and Hobson.
Saying that Hobson is a difficult one, as he always looks like he has a major clanger mistake in him.............makes me nervous!
Overall, I think his general no-nonsense approach will suit the NL though.

I’ll be slated for this but somehow I kept 22 over the two parts. I may need to review that!

Ok, so I probably wouldn’t shed too many tears if most of them were let go but for a while we had the makings of a competitive and hard to beat team. I’m a believer in not throwing away the baby with the bath water!

For me we needed to add a few quality key components in the final third (failed in January) and we’d have flown up league two, so I think the same applies for the conference.

Seaton, Elvis, Clifford and Hobson are the only ones I would bother trying to keep and maybe John White however, if any of them went elsewhere I wouldn't be at all upset in any way, shape or form.

At the moment I just associate every player this season with failure, loss and zero effort and it will take a lot (immediate promotion next season) for me to otherwise.

I've gone for Seaden, Howard, Clifford and Hobson although I suspect the final two will be off to a league club.

Howard has been a stand-out for Kings Lynn in the national league and Elvis will be off so he seems like he's got the chance to nail down a position.

I thought we offered Ralph a contract earlier this season when he was de-registered?

We've only seen very brief glimpses of him in that position since he came back and he looked much better there during his first spell - was causing defences in the league above all sorts of bother.

Each to their own. Think he has always been and is complete cack. Never understood the adulation he got for that short period

The lack of respect Elvis gets is astounding.
We will all have our reasons for our selections. I originally had Elvis in but then after giving the matter further thought, it seems to me that Elvis is one of the few in our squad who may be able to attract offers from league clubs. If this happens he would likely to be off and we might even get a fee, so I left him out. That has nothing to do with having no respect for him though.

Actually, he's one of the three leading votes-for!

He's got less than half the votes.

We will all have our reasons for our selections. I originally had Elvis in but then after giving the matter further thought, it seems to me that Elvis is one of the few in our squad who may be able to attract offers from league clubs. If this happens he would likely to be off and we might even get a fee, so I left him out. That has nothing to do with having no respect for him though.

Fair enough, althought the question was which ones would you like to keep. I read that as offer a contract to. If we don't offer him a contract we won't get a fee for him!

Harry Lennon ****ing hell I could have sworn he left in 2018. Does he actually still play for us!?
He spends all his time on the medical table. No offence to Chris Powell but he seemed to love signing cripples

Hope we keep Miles Mitchell-Nelson. Egbri too. Kinali and Rush maybe. Hobo for sure, Kyle Taylor would love to see him next season.
I'd like to see Rush play off Acquah before this season is out, Phil Brown if you are watching can you hive that a try ?
Clifford keep.
John White keep. Seadon keep.
Sam Hart keep if anyone can play him in an attacking role. ANG keep.

Not that you could play that lot in the team at the same time, nah.

Thats it.

He's got less than half the votes.

Fair enough, althought the question was which ones would you like to keep. I read that as offer a contract to. If we don't offer him a contract we won't get a fee for him!

Sir,

I have no wish to be pedantic or for the two of us to get into "There's a hole in my bucket dear Liza, a hole" type situation .

The question I saw was:

"To keep or not to keep - That is the question"

I didn't see anything about liking. I would actually like to keep Elvis but I didn't think it would be practical to do so. If it really is about who I would ideally like to keep then I will need to scrap my selections and start again. Not a problem for me, I'm retired and have nothing better to do with my time. Perhaps we should seek further clarification from the original poster.

S.L.M.

Back