• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Today’s Protest

Police standing next to me chatting, i think its about time we had a word with this fella, goes up to him and asked what he had in his pocket, he pulls out a naturale blue bath bomb omg me and my boy just fell about !

To be fair I reckon that could play havoc with Ron's boufant if it went off, he'd be conditioning for weeks

Well done to all those that turned up.:Clap::Happy:
I was there along with about 300+ and I have to say that all the people I spoke to felt it was worth it. It wasn’t the nicest day to be standing around outside for a few hours, but at least 300+ fans will be able to say that they tried to do something. Nothing worse than being an armchair cynic.

So yeah we arent a fantastic well behaved family club for nothing, that has a history of fantastic support when the chips are down. I look back at some great times, Doncaster away when we partied in the stands whilst getting royally stuffed. Its nothing like my old heyday when it used to kick off, Ron Martin would have got lynched back then.
Yeah, we all stood in the car park a bit embarrassed really, hardly protesting. Its probably for the best, because most of us are so hurt having to drop into non league, i cant put it into words really, so it was good to chat with a few around me.
If we dont go back up quickly, it'll be the death knell for this club i fear.

We'll see. Well done for at least trying to organise something. Just remember that the damage is already done, we are down and out and anything Ron says about the club cannot be taken positively, its too late.
If we win the National league, i'll be over the moon. But at least, in years to come i can say i got along to add my support today, it fizzled out, bit of a damp squib on what was the saddest day in the club's history.

Well done to those who have made the effort but it looks a very poor turnout.

I’m not convinced there is much appetite to join in with a protest which has no real agenda.

A few people want Ron out, but I suspect the majority know that if Ron walks then that’s the end of the club as we know it.

Sorry to pi$$ on this parade but the reason for a poor turnout is that the majority believe that whilst Ron has made mistakes they do not believe he has no interest in the fortunes or future of the club.

That is the perception I am hearing and whether it’s reasonable to think that way or not i believe that’s how most fans are seeing this.

And let’s face it who in their right mind would want to take over the reigns of a lower league football club that loses more money each year than most people will ever make in their lifetime.

Things could be far worse.
We counted 350 in the end, weather this morning did not help, plus a few were rattled by the police deterring people. The demographic was good all different ages. Now back to communicating with the club and try and work a productive path forward

Well Done Scott and everyone who turned up! We shall sit and watch now in terms of what Ron has said and will say versus the reality - we have seen in the past there seems to be a difference. Watched the Zoom meeting and like most successful business men Ron talks a good game - lets see what the reality is!
Greta turnout guys - Thanks!!

We counted 350 in the end, weather this morning did not help, plus a few were rattled by the police deterring people. The demographic was good all different ages. Now back to communicating with the club and try and work a productive path forward

I'm proud to have stood with the 350 Shrimpers,now it's onwards and upwards.

Well done to all those that turned up.:Clap::Happy:
I was there along with about 300+ and I have to say that all the people I spoke to felt it was worth it. It wasn’t the nicest day to be standing around outside for a few hours, but at least 300+ fans will be able to say that they tried to do something. Nothing worse than being an armchair cynic.

Indeed and met new friends and got on like house on fire even arranged a few beers in the railway next season.

Firstly I support the protest, but had to be there today, contracted medic.
On arrival at the ground I had to drive through the crowd and I was verbally abused...water off a ducks back, but why?
Doesn’t do the movement any good IMO.

Firstly I support the protest, but had to be there today, contracted medic.
On arrival at the ground I had to drive through the crowd and I was verbally abused...water off a ducks back, but why?
Doesn’t do the movement any good IMO.
I witnessed the incident. About 50+ fans were blocking the North Bank entrance to the car park hoping to have a word with Ron on his way in. About 20 cars came in and out during that time. All of the cars had to wait a few seconds for people to get out the way. There was no animosity to any driver other than you. The only difference between you and the others is that you immediately put your hand on the horn before giving anyone the chance to get out the way. Slightly aggressive on your part which resulted in a few verbal comments back. By the way I was standing to the side and did not make any comments.

Was good numbers considering covid, weather, old bill and the fact that we’re looking a bit better on the pitch.
well done for all those who put the effort in both organising it and getting off the arm chairs to protest.

Disappointed i couldn't find you, as i'd skipped breakfast to try some of your wife's scones!

I witnessed the incident. About 50+ fans were blocking the North Bank entrance to the car park hoping to have a word with Ron on his way in. About 20 cars came in and out during that time. All of the cars had to wait a few seconds for people to get out the way. There was no animosity to any driver other than you. The only difference between you and the others is that you immediately put your hand on the horn before giving anyone the chance to get out the way. Slightly aggressive on your part which resulted in a few verbal comments back. By the way I was standing to the side and did not make any comments.

Sorry mate but you have the wrong person, I never sounded my horn, other medics were in attendance so it may have been one of them, but it most certainly wasn’t me.

Sorry mate but you have the wrong person, I never sounded my horn, other medics were in attendance so it may have been one of them, but it most certainly wasn’t me.
Fair enough. The incident I saw was a driver in a St John’s Ambulance top turning left into the entrance. I didn’t see any other abuse from when the entrance was blocked up to around 2.45pm when I left to go to the main car park.

Throughout the pandemic I've really relied on Shrimperzone to keep in touch with our fan base, it's been horrible going through this season without being able to attend the games.
The thing I've found most amazing is the lack of reaction to a relegation I never expected in over 50 years of following our beloved Blues.
Well done to every single one of you that turned out today.

Fair enough. The incident I saw was a driver in a St John’s Ambulance top turning left into the entrance. I didn’t see any other abuse from when the entrance was blocked up to around 2.45pm when I left to go to the main car park.
Why on earth would anyone get upset because an ambulance of all things used its horn to try and get people out the way? A little strange but I am sure no offence meant.

Back