• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Today’s Protest

Why on earth would anyone get upset because an ambulance of all things used its horn to try and get people out the way? A little strange but I am sure no offence meant.
Actually he was in a private car and was turning left into the entrance and before allowing anyone to get out the way he sounded his horn for 2/3 seconds. He was the only driver to sound his horn. As far as I could see there was no verbal abuse to any other driver and indeed some wound down their window and had a quick chat with fans. It was all fairly relaxed. However if Ron had tried to use the entrance it would have possibly turned ugly.

Fair enough. The incident I saw was a driver in a St John’s Ambulance top turning left into the entrance. I didn’t see any other abuse from when the entrance was blocked up to around 2.45pm when I left to go to the main car park.
I am not St Johns, and like I said, it was water off a ducks back, but totally unnecessary.

Actually he was in a private car and was turning left into the entrance and before allowing anyone to get out the way he sounded his horn for 2/3 seconds. He was the only driver to sound his horn. As far as I could see there was no verbal abuse to any other driver and indeed some wound down their window and had a quick chat with fans. It was all fairly relaxed. However if Ron had tried to use the entrance it would have possibly turned ugly.
Well the last sentence is sad because that would have diminished the day. So we can be pleased that opportunity didn’t occur. And it wasn’t an ambulance so great. As they say move on, nothing to see hear.

I thought the protest was for change but it seems like it quickly went to Ron Out - or even this was planned by some anyway as other groups have already condemned this! Personally I think the best chance of change in the short team is with Ron still there and any of you on here who think any differently are clearly deluded. He is NOT going to sell up until the stadium has been sorted so why not protest for transparency and try to find solutions to the short term future of our club.

Just in case some people think this protest will change anything:
RON WILL NOT BE GOING ANYTIME SOON!

I thought the protest was for change but it seems like it quickly went to Ron Out - or even this was planned by some anyway as other groups have already condemned this! Personally I think the best chance of change in the short team is with Ron still there and any of you on here who think any differently are clearly deluded. He is NOT going to sell up until the stadium has been sorted so why not protest for transparency and try to find solutions to the short term future of our club.

Just in case some people think this protest will change anything:
RON WILL NOT BE GOING ANYTIME SOON!
Dan Bowen you have absolutely nailed it with this comment.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but myself, my son and a couple of friends attended. Firstly very disappointed in the turn out, yesterday people were suggesting 1000-1500 would show, yet only 350 at best. It just felt like a complete damp squib, apart from a guy on a mega phone chanting Martin out every now and again that was it. The biggest noise was towards the players who came out, the same squad of players that got us relegated, maybe I’m wrong but I expected more and considering the publicity this week I was surprised by the low turnout. Not a criticism of Scott who I know bleeds blue blood, but we seemed to spend more time standing around chatting than any form of protest. When RM came out most had either left or disappeared or gone round to the NB entrance. Most entertaining moment of the day was some ****head explaining to the police that the bath bomb he had in his pocket wasn’t to throw at anyone but was to wash his extremely grubby hands! A sad ending to a sad day

Well done everyone who attended. You did your bit. I wish I could have (daughter self-isolating, wife working). At the end of the day when anyone says in future what did you do to help save this club, you can say you were there.

Does anyone know who the weirdo dressed in brown was?

Yes, certainly looks like Patrick van der Waag, the finance director, and the gentleman with responsibility for the ground at present.

So Martin was having an end of season fancy dress party and he was either Sherlock Holmes or Dominic Cummings.

Back