• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today's Line Up

overseas shrimper

Life President⭐
Flavs

Hunt
Barrett
Edwards
Cheese

Cole
Gutts
Maher
Gower

Lawson
The Goat

Subs: Spinner, Jupp, Smith, Benno, Bart

Lawson is certainly being thrown in at the deep end. I hope he does well. Players being thrown in too early can suffer sometimes.

Interesting (worrying, actually) that Gray didn't even make the bench.

Despite the differing views on the subject surely the argumenet about lack of numbers is shown to be right. We are barely into the season and having to play a rookie up front with no striker on the bench. I would have felt more comfortable with the likes of Beeson on a match to match deal. Someone, anyone!.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Sep. 04 2005,14:58)]Despite the differing views on the subject surely the argumenet about lack of numbers is shown to be right. We are barely into the season and having to play a rookie up front with no striker on the bench. I would have felt more comfortable with the likes of Beeson on a match to match deal. Someone, anyone!.
sad.gif
Yeah I know!
biggrin.gif

Yeah that Lawson's rubbish, no goals in a few minutes of substitue appearances.....

Give the guy a break and he will score.

Oh he already has!

Agree in theory that we are still a little short of cover though. But have faith in Tilly and Brush, they haven't let us down yet!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Sep. 04 2005,16:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Sep. 04 2005,14:58)]Despite the differing views on the subject surely the argumenet about lack of numbers is shown to be right. We are barely into the season and having to play a rookie up front with no striker on the bench. I would have felt more comfortable with the likes of Beeson on a match to match deal. Someone, anyone!.
sad.gif
Yeah I know!  
biggrin.gif
Isn't irony great?

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 04 2005,15:23)]
[b said:
[b said:
sad.gif
Yeah I know!  
biggrin.gif
Isn't irony great?

laugh.gif
It would be great if only the official line did not now appear vindicated. Lets be honest, how many of us believe this is anything other than an unnecessary risk to take?. The club may have been better served by failing to score today, especially not Lawson, as then they may have been enbarassed into the action we nearly all believe is vital.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Sep. 04 2005,16:18)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
sad.gif
Yeah I know!  
biggrin.gif
Isn't irony great?

laugh.gif
It would be great if only the official line did not now appear vindicated. Lets be honest, how many of us believe this is anything other than an unnecessary risk to take?. The club may have been better served by failing to score today, especially not Lawson, as then they may have been enbarassed into the action we nearly all believe is vital.
rock.gif
huurrumph. As John McEnroe once said, "you cannot be serious"
rock.gif

tell ya what, lawson was quality in the first half, arguably the best player and he linked up with the goat really well. im sure there is a lot to come from him and getting a goal its a great start.

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
sad.gif
Yeah I know!  
biggrin.gif
Isn't irony great?

laugh.gif
rock.gif
wow.gif

You what?

I agree that our squad depth is lacking, I've said it so many times people must be sick of it. But I'd NEVER wish my beloved Southend to do anything but win -  to say we would be better off not winning / scoring is ridiculous.

On a lighter note, 11 points from 7 games is a good start IMO, keep up the good work lads!

Lawson was superb today, I'll admit I had my doubts about him starting but credit to him for proving me and alot of others wrong!

Yep, did not look out of place one bit.

If Lawson is good enough to play first team football then we have 4 strikers. The same number that we had last year and that proved more than enough, as shown by Bramble going on loan to find first team football.

My thinking is that Tilson has extreme confidence in Lawson to break in to the first team squad and regards him as an option whereas most of us think of him as a youngster.

I don't expect Lawson to play like that every game, but he's certainly a talent and could well be an asset this season, perhaps coming off the bench to liven things up.

Hopefully the fans won't get on his bacl when he doesn't score every game...
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 04 2005,18:59)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
sad.gif
Yeah I know!  
biggrin.gif
Isn't irony great?

laugh.gif
rock.gif
wow.gif

You what?

I agree that our squad depth is lacking, I've said it so many times people must be sick of it. But I'd NEVER wish my beloved Southend to do anything but win -  to say we would be better off not winning / scoring is ridiculous.

On a lighter note, 11 points from 7 games is a good start IMO, keep up the good work lads!
Tha last 20 minutes certainly would have been far more comformtable if we could have brought on a recognised striker or two - we struggled to keep the ball up front hence the constant pressure on the defence and midfield.

But, hay ho, 8th in the table can't be bad
biggrin.gif

Oh, and l loved the look of surprise/joy/excitment on Lawson's face as his goal hit the back of the net. Looked as though he was in dream world. Hope someone got a good piccy of his reaction, was priceless.

Back