• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today's Trains

So who got into work today ?

7.16 from Rayleigh arrived 9.05 at Liverpool Street - flooding at Maryland , then signal failure and finally a broken down train added to the catalogue of delays.

See what a bit of rain does to our network !!

Got in fine thanks, using the superior C2C service. Any comments ORM ?
wink.gif

I know that people getting the train at circa 8am were being told not to bother !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Aug. 19 2004,11:39)]Got in fine thanks, using the superior C2C service. Any comments ORM ?
wink.gif
Me too! Funny that eh? ORM?
wink.gif
tounge.gif

No problem from this C2C'er. i had cause however to give my boss a stern ticking off after coming out with some **** and ball story regarding a puddle that stopped all trains and a blown lightbulb in some old panel. Yeah right...I believe ya!

My journey (with c2c) was fine.  Comfortable, air-conditioned, plenty of leg-room etc.  Someone did brush past my newspaper in a hurry to get off at Fenchurch Street though.

Even despite one or two recent problems along the route the improvement over the last 5 years or so has been marked.

Now and again, when I travel on the Liverpool Street line, I am reminded how lucky I am not to have to travel on those hot, cramped, creaky, bumpy, overpriced heaps of junk each working day.

I had a nice journey with c2c up until Barking today when some huge fella sat next to/on me. Still, the air con and lil tables make it all worth while!

Dave

7.54 c2c from Basildon was fine: on time, plenty of legroom, temperature perfect and Harry Potter 5 to keep me amused.

For me relability is the yardstick by which I judge the quality of a train service.

I have recently moved from using the FGE service to the C2C service and despite the nice new trains and air conditioning the trains are delayed or cancelled far more frequently than they when I used to use FGE.

Mind you, the tickets are cheaper, the seats are a lot more comfortable, the air conditioning is great and I can walk to Benfleet station in two minutes so it's not all bad news!

You also have to take into account that c2c only have 2 lines all the way from Shoebury to Fenchurch so if one trains has a slight issue then it impacts all trains whereas ONE has multiply tracks from Shenfield so if a train has an issue between Shenfield and Liverpool St there is less impact.

And for the record my journey was great this morning got in on time comfortable journey and beat the rest of my team who have to use ONE. And my colleague who travels in from Ipswich does not share ORMs love for FGE or ONE, as he experiences nothing but trouble.

My journey in was fine on C2C. However my colleague had a nightmare journey into Stratford and is extremely ****ed off. No sympathy though as he was travelling in from C********r!!!
tounge.gif

My journey to work was fine........left home at 8.45 and arrived at Rochford at 8.57 am! Was lucky with the lights and even slowed down to look at the camels at the circus! Had I gone by train it could have been a totally different story!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Aug. 19 2004,13:22)]You also have to take into account that c2c only have 2 lines all the way from Shoebury to Fenchurch so if one trains has a slight issue then it impacts all trains whereas ONE has multiply tracks from Shenfield so if a train has an issue between Shenfield and Liverpool St there is less impact.
Correct, but more tracks equals:-

more rails to break
more points to fail
more signals to fail
more overhead lines to come down
more trains to potentially fail and block the route(s)
etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Aug. 19 2004,13:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Aug. 19 2004,13:22)]You also have to take into account that c2c only have 2 lines all the way from Shoebury to Fenchurch so if one trains has a slight issue then it impacts all trains whereas ONE has multiply tracks from Shenfield so if a train has an issue between Shenfield and Liverpool St there is less impact.

more rails to break
more points to fail
more signals to fail
etc.
And more lines to be flooded....!

Einstein

I got the 7.45am train southend central arrive fenchurch st at 8.37am. Very comfy journey no one sitting next to me and a table and aircon aswell. Why anybody would travel from southend victoria is beyond me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Aug. 19 2004,13:34)]
[b said:

more rails to break
more points to fail
more signals to fail
etc.
but the point was unless you get issues occuring across all lines then you do have a chance of getting past said issue. Unless of course a ruddy puddle stops all trains. I guessed ONE could have borrowed the Southend Groundmens to pr*ck the ground with their forks to help the water level decrease.
biggrin.gif

I got up about 8:30, didn't catch any sort of train at all, and arrived on my sun-drenched balcony at about 8:31. I did have a slight problem with water at about 10:12 when I plunged into our swimming pool and slightly pulled my little toe but I'm fine now ...

WS

Quality Mike. I was suddenly woken by mother at 8:30am after a phone call to my manor had been recieved. I got up 15mins later and was at Southend Office at 9:10am. A slight bit of trouble who some barstards sticking to the speed limit but 1 minute was taken off my record due to being very lucky with the lights.

In at Shoebury tomorrow - makes life much easier.

Kev

Woke up about 6.45 and thought f**k that i am going back to bed.

Surfaced about midday had myself some cocopops farted, laughed and then wen't back to bed for an hour whilst watching Sky Sports news.

Back