• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
I personally feel that brown had his best 11 players out there today and it just goes to show, it's been a long time coming but that 11 are capable of holding their own and beating most teams in this league .
It's a no brainier but Ranger is the key to where's we finish this season - IF he plays we will win far more than we lose

Fair call....but hard not to see places in the team for Demetriou and Wordsworth though. Will be some squad when they are back....

I think Sometimes our fullbacks are too attack minded , White just adds a bit of defensive steel to the team away from home , Wordsworth I actually forgot about !!

I will always say white is one of our best defenders....but give him the ball in our half and it is usually a slice off the pitch over and over.
Demetriou has better footballing ability but not quite as good defensively.
Tight call between Wordsworth and Timlin too...both bring different qualities...blimey we almost have a squad....almost

Demetriou will start next game but rest of the team should be as was today - can't drop anyone after winning 4-1 away from home. Wordsworth will have to wait for his chance to come around and that is exactly as it should be.

Having said all that, half the team will have picked up knocks and will be unavailable!

Timlin might need to have his game time managed for a short while.

From next Saturday, we have three games in 7 days, so it could be that Timlin/Wordsworth is a rotated position, even if it means a 60mins/30mins split in a couple of games.

What a luxury to have, though.

The answer to the thread question is NO!Both White and Atkinson have defensive qualities,useful in a struggling team, very good in league 2,but to push onwards and upwards,Demetriou and Wordsworth are a class above.

The answer to the thread question is NO!Both White and Atkinson have defensive qualities,useful in a struggling team, very good in league 2,but to push onwards and upwards,Demetriou and Wordsworth are a class above.

They are not a class above, but they are certainly certainly at a similar level. As others have intimated there will be games where you want the likes of White and Atkinson in the side as opposed to Wordsworth or Demetriou. You need more than 11 players, so it's good that we have options like this. Equally we have 4 or 5 who could be moved on without really missing them and unfortunately for them that needs to happen.

But we weren't struggling in league 2, we finished in the top 4 and got promoted......we've struggled more in League 1, so I don't quite understand your point?

I will always say white is one of our best defenders....but give him the ball in our half and it is usually a slice off the pitch over and over.
Demetriou has better footballing ability but not quite as good defensively.
Tight call between Wordsworth and Timlin too...both bring different qualities...blimey we almost have a squad....almost

Great Shrimperzone myths...number 1,683 : Demetriou's distribution is far better than John White's

Demetriou punts just as many balls out of play or to the opposition as White does, he just doesn't get slaughtered for it because he isn't John White.... Demetriou sometimes looks like he'd struggle to pass water.

Neither are in the Glenn Hoddle mould, but Demetriou has a good eye for a pass going forward and White has a really good cross up his sleeve...the problem lies with how PB sets the team up....there are rarely simple options for either of them when they get the ball in the right back position, so a speculative punt or knock into space is generally all that's available...and I'm sure PB doesn't want either of them taking chances there.

This from FB of an unbelievable stop by JW, don't know if the owner (Dominic Smith) is on here, credit if so:

[video]https://www.facebook.com/dominic.f.smith/videos/10209339394976759/[/video]

I am NOT keen on this Tims better than Atko,or Wordsworth; Demitreui better than White and O'Neill stuff; MacL over MacG or Bridge. Cox/Mooney, Ranger/Fortune/Williams etc etc
Each has his own strengths (and weaknesses) and are not like for like players, despite playing in similar positions.
I hope PB knows this and picks the players for the positions for the formation/tactics required (and not as in the tragedy of Rochdale selection).

Injuries? obviously to White, maybe tiredness for Timlin and Ranger.
How many yellow cards has Coker got now?,

I am NOT keen on this Tims better than Atko,or Wordsworth; Demitreui better than White and O'Neill stuff; MacL over MacG or Bridge. Cox/Mooney, Ranger/Fortune/Williams etc etc
Each has his own strengths (and weaknesses) and are not like for like players, despite playing in similar positions.
I hope PB knows this and picks the players for the positions for the formation/tactics required (and not as in the tragedy of Rochdale selection).

Injuries? obviously to White, maybe tiredness for Timlin and Ranger.
How many yellow cards has Coker got now?,

His total to date is three.

Did you see Atkinson yesterday, a major reason for our win and the margin..................He was everywhere. MOM IMHO.

No, I wasn't there. My point was that Timlin can play the same role, and he tackles better so therefore it would seem logical to move Atkinson to the bench.

Coker has Four, the data didn't include the Bury booking so he is just a card away from Harry K getting back on the team sheet.

Back