• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Todays Echo- Tilson wants 4 signings

Seeing as we have no proven set piece takers right now, doesn't that make Mulgrew an even more vital signing and yet we (reportedly) are reluctant to reach their valuation of about 150k. Hmm.....

Johnny Herd has a pretty good dead ball delivery, wheather he plays or not is a different matter.

If Fabio is 14 can we sign him ?

He looked like he had something about him, took a good corner aswell.

I'm still of the opinion we need 7 players

Centre Back
Left Back
Right Winger
2 Left Wingers
Central Midfielder
Striker

We can't have Scannell, an untested and untried player in League football as our only choice on the right. He needs competition. In the same way we need 2 left sided players to compete with each other. A central midfielder is needed IMO because firstly I don't trust Bailey not to throw his toys out the pram if nobody comes in for him, whilst we all know him and Macca will rack up the suspensions if he does stay. A striker with pace who will chip in with goals to help Barnard is also needed, as I'm not sure the other 3 will get too many unfortunately.

Seeing as we have no proven set piece takers right now, doesn't that make Mulgrew an even more vital signing and yet we (reportedly) are reluctant to reach their valuation of about 150k. Hmm.....

We are potless otherwise the Mulgrew signing would have been done and dusted by now!

Centre Back
Left Back
Right Winger
2 Left Wingers
Central Midfielder
Striker

We can't have Scannell, an untested and untried player in League football as our only choice on the right. He needs competition. In the same way we need 2 left sided players to compete with each other. A central midfielder is needed IMO because firstly I don't trust Bailey not to throw his toys out the pram if nobody comes in for him, whilst we all know him and Macca will rack up the suspensions if he does stay. A striker with pace who will chip in with goals to help Barnard is also needed, as I'm not sure the other 3 will get too many unfortunately.

does the above still apply if we're not planning to play with orthodox wingers? Ideally we'd still get all those players in to give us some flexibility, but there's not all that much point having (and paying for) 4 out-and-out wide men in the squad if we're looking at using a narrow midfield this season.

Centre Back
Left Back
Right Winger
2 Left Wingers
Central Midfielder
Striker

I agree with that, maybe only one left sided winger coming in though. Possibly get somebody in who can play on both wings.

I'd be happy with:

Keogh
Mulgrew
Unsure about the wingers, possibly someone like Kanu on loan, or Dean Morgan or even another local non-league winger like Ricky Holmes.
Grant
Byfield.

if we did get 7 players in, that would be 25 in the first-team squad. That includes some of the youngsters on pro contracts (Masters, Ademeno, Lokando and Herd) but not Harrold or Foran- so 27 wages to pay. I can't see us having that many on the wage bill any time soon. even 4 would give us 24 pros including Harrold + Foran.

But of course we don't need any cash, given the number of players that are available on a free at the moment. What's with the great desire to spend cash?

if we did get 7 players in, that would be 25 in the first-team squad. That includes some of the youngsters on pro contracts (Masters, Ademeno, Lokando and Herd) but not Harrold or Foran- so 27 wages to pay. I can't see us having that many on the wage bill any time soon. even 4 would give us 24 pros including Harrold + Foran.

Not really. 25 is a decent amount tbh as it provides competition aswell if injuries and suspensions occur we will actually have cover. The youngsters are not on alot of money and bare in mind some have been made available for loan and in most cases the team that they go to pays there wages.

Im certain that Harrold will go, Not too sure about Foran, but then i think if we kept Foran i think we will be bringing in one less player.

arghhhhhh

I've been on here, like, all day and there's been no news!

Don't you just hate that!

(sorry, just ignore this. I just didn't feel it warranted a whole thread..)

roll on tuesday! give us something!

Potless??? hmm not sure about that weve got 60k for liptak 35k for macdonald 125k for hoops and 300k from freddys move to coventry potless we are not!

Can anyone confirm for DEFINITE whether we get anything from Freddy's sale? Cos as I understand it we don't as Wolves made a loss not a profit.

Back