• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Todays Echo- Tilson wants 4 signings

But what kind of moron would agree to it being based on profit as there is a 50% chance that it wont be profit.

You're coming from a "they'll either sell him for more than £1.5m or less than £1.5m" viewpoint mate and therefore you say it would be 50/50 but it's not as simple as that. Freddy is a class player and everyone who took part in this deal knew that. We the supporters certainly knew that also. Wolves got Freddy for LESS than his market value due to the fact he only had one year left on his deal. If Eastwood had been under contract for say three years we'd have doubled our money. Therefore there was a very good chance that Wolves would make profit on any deal involving Freddy in the future due to the fact he was a steal, this apart from him playing with better players at Wolves which meant there was also a good chance that alone would bring his game to a higher standard.

The chances of profit were significantly above 50/50 in my book, unfortunately it didn't work out. Would Ron be an idiot for negotiating a sell-on clause that is profit-based? No I don't think so at all, particularly if that was the only way Wolves were prepared to accept a sell-on. If they believed they could sell Freddy in the future for a huge fee (and let's face it there were some big big clubs after him halfway through our Championship season) they'd have been reluctant to give us 25% of the TOTAL fee received.

With regards the comments further up about alerting other clubs that we've had a windfall Shrimpersarmy does make a valid point however it is my honest opinion that regardless of this any windfall WOULD almost certainly be revealed. In the vast majority of cases it most definitely is, and having taken many questions from fans about Freddy's transfer to Molineux I'm absolutely certain that Ron would want the supporters to know that he had done the right thing by the club. My gut feeling is that we've received nothing and if we don't hear anything in the coming days you can be almost certain of that.

Good luck to Freddy though, hope he does well at the Ricoh and comes back to haunt McCarthy next season.

Last edited:
seeing as we post all our transfer fees in and out as undisclosed i cant see us posting how much we have made from freddys sale to coventry

Last edited:
So far Ron has sold Freddy for more than any other club has and with only a year left on his contract.. .. thats good business in my book ..

But of course we don't need any cash, given the number of players that are available on a free at the moment. What's with the great desire to spend cash?

Isn't it obvious?

Why should we spend £25k on players like Barnard when we could be spending £200k on players of the calibre of Paynter?

:whistling: :net:

Maybe Tilly needs to come up with a Mourinho style gem of a quote like his one about quality of the eggs and the resulting omelete in persuading the board to free the shackles a bit

Yet again Tilson says he wants to sign 3 or 4 new players according to the BBC today. But as the say, actions speak louder than words.

Yes, because as everyone knows if you don't sign anyone you clearly haven't been trying. :dim::doh:

Ive just seen a pig flying over Bread and Cheese hill.....................

Back