• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today's training - 7 July 2010

Onion_Bag_Dave

YEELLLOOOWWWSSS
7th July 2010

Just another bit of information for you all.
My Dad went down to check out the training again today, Get a life, I hear you all start to type.

There where 19 or 20 players training with the first team. A few extras from yesterdays attendees.

Sofiene Zaaboub was at training, very recognisable face, he was definitely there, talking to Christophe and Laurent having a laugh.
Peter Gilbert was definitely there.
Aldershot defender there - don't know his name. Anthony Straker I think.
4 or 5 more players there, that weren't in attendance yesterday.

Along with 4 coaching staff that my Dad had never seen before.

Sturrock was having a very very serious conversation with Francis away from all the other players, they looked quite happy after the chat. Has he persuaded him ?

Sturrock kept on getting phone call after phone call again.

Everyone training very hard again.

So more good news I suppose.

Last edited:
Great news, thanks for sharing.

Maybe worth putting date in thread title rather than 'today' especially if we are going to get regular scouting reports!

If your dad needs a job i hear the russians are looking for good men that see stuff and say nothing.
Thank him for his efforts,at least its uplifting.

good update. tell your dad he's doing a good job. good to know theres a lot going on so soon. dare i say things are looking up?

7th July 2010

Just another bit of information for you all.
My Dad went down to check out the training again today, Get a life, I hear you all start to type.

There where 19 or 20 players training with the first team. A few extras from yesterdays attendees.

Sofiene Zaaboub was at training, very recognisable face, he was definitely there, talking to Christophe and Laurent having a laugh.
Peter Gilbert was definitely there.
4 or 5 more players there, that weren't in attendance yesterday.

Along with 4 coaching staff that my Dad had never seen before.

Sturrock was having a very very serious conversation with Francis away from all the other players, they looked quite happy after the chat. Has he persuaded him ?

Sturrock kept on getting phone call after phone call again.

Everyone training very hard again.

So more good news I suppose.

I was down at training today and I did not see Sturrock take 1 phone call in nearly 1hr and 30mins.
Shooting from all players except Spencer was awful with sturrock shaking his head in disbelief.
4 new coaches was there, did not reconize any of them.
we had 2 groups of players first lot had around 14 player in which included last years players and the second group was playing down the bottom of boots and laces and must of been 20 plus players.
One thing i did notice was that sturrock has a bad left leg that looks like he is kicking the ball with his outside of his foot!!!

I'm just the scribe, more to come I hope.
Thank god it is actually something that doesn't want me to jump in a lake.

Looks like we will actually have a descent size squad by the end of the week.
I bet a lot of deals are already basically confirmed, just not signed.
We will see aye?

I was down at training today and I did not see Sturrock take 1 phone call in nearly 1hr and 30mins.
Shooting from all players except Spencer was awful with sturrock shaking his head in disbelief.

we had 2 groups of players first lot had around 14 player in which included last years players and the second group was playing down the bottom of boots and laces and must of been 20 plus players.
One thing i did notice was that sturrock has a bad left leg that looks like he is kicking the ball with his outside of his foot!!!

The squad must be using the World Cup ball.
He didn't tell me anything like that.
Maybe I've got it wrong.

If your dad needs a job i hear the russians are looking for good men that see stuff and say nothing.
Thank him for his efforts,at least its uplifting.

And i hear you get to work with colleagues like this

15657090.jpg

The group playing down the bottom and away from the first team is the youths.

I noticed his dragging left foot straight away, but as it's obviously a condition of his illness, I didn't report it yesterday. As long as his brain and management skills remain very good, who cares.

On the Sofiene Zaaboub front, he was signed by Sturrock, when he was at Swindon and Sturrock is known for signing players that he has managed before. Plays on the left wing too.

7th July 2010

Just had a look on the Aldershot forum, somebody has asked them about this and it doesnt sound like Straker has been training with us becasue he's been training with them for the past few days.

Back