• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tom Hopper

Further insult to SUFC's long-term, festering injury.

Had we not been in total disarray in that 19/20 season, we may have kept Tom. Now he's signing for the Ewes

If he does @Colchester and proud! that could be a tremendous signing for you if you can keep him fit. His technique and positioning oused class and I absolutely loved the bloke when he was here, but we needed the dosh (when don't we?) and off he went.
I do believe Tom still lives in Leigh-on-Sea, spoke to his wife at the end of last season at the John White/Charlie Edinburgh Testimonial/Benefit match and this is what she told me and Yes you are right he did NOT want to leave us because he was well settled here. Lovely family they are as well.

I do believe Tom still lives in Leigh-on-Sea, spoke to his wife at the end of last season at the John White/Charlie Edinburgh Testimonial/Benefit match and this is what she told me and Yes you are right he did NOT want to leave us because he was well settled here. Lovely family they are as well.
He does still live in Leigh, I spoke with him a few weeks ago, lovely chap, his wife is from Leigh and their daughter was born here, so geographically a good move for Tom.

Sounds like the Lincoln fans consider it's best he moves on as he has suffered a number of injuries and loose of pace.Be interesting to see how he gets on up the A12

Sounds like the Lincoln fans consider it's best he moves on as he has suffered a number of injuries and loose of pace.Be interesting to see how he gets on up the A12
For his pace up the A12,he is allowed to do 70 mph.

All the best Tom.

I‘m really sorry if your injuries have screwed up your career.

Thanks for being a shining light for us in some dark times.

Your comeback goal at Tranmere was a joy to behold and only the ridiculously overrated lad who gave away a needless penalty spoiled the result.

Good luck up the road.

I thought Tom was at Col Ewe now?
He doesn't seem to be playing at all this season.
Any info @Colchester and proud! .?.
Yes he is still here and barely getting a lookin even though John Akinde has been out injured for several weeks now. We are mainly using Samson Tovide a 19 year old lad coming through the ranks and Joe Taylor a 20 year old on loan from Luton who has scored 8 goals already this season. Tom is under contract until June 2025 but he was signed when Matt Bloomfield was our manager, Ben Garner didn't use him much so he has spent most of his time either on the bench or not even in the matchday squad. He did have a minor injury this season that kept him out for a while but at present his move hasn't really worked out as well as he probably hoped. I think he has made around 10 appearances this season but not all of them in the league and mostly part games, he is a quality player but like Matt Jay he is struggling to get games.

Yes he is still here and barely getting a lookin even though John Akinde has been out injured for several weeks now. We are mainly using Samson Tovide a 19 year old lad coming through the ranks and Joe Taylor a 20 year old on loan from Luton who has scored 8 goals already this season. Tom is under contract until June 2025 but he was signed when Matt Bloomfield was our manager, Ben Garner didn't use him much so he has spent most of his time either on the bench or not even in the matchday squad. He did have a minor injury this season that kept him out for a while but at present his move hasn't really worked out as well as he probably hoped. I think he has made around 10 appearances this season but not all of them in the league and mostly part games, he is a quality player but like Matt Jay he is struggling to get games.
I'd have him back tomorrow. As you say, CaP, a quality player and I absolutely loved the bloke.

I'd have him back tomorrow. As you say, CaP, a quality player and I absolutely loved the bloke.
I think he might be on his way in January, he looks lost on the pitch he just doesn't seem to fit in with the way we play which is different to when Bloomfield was here. As for Matt Jay what a waste that is, another quality player just sitting on the bench if he is lucky. The trouble is we have several very good midfielders and Arthur Read who we signed from Stevenage is playing so well it is unlikely that he will give Matt much chance in that position, and Chilvers who is highly rated but playing poorly is rarely dropped!

Very much doubt we will be interested. He has had to many serious injuries and is on his way down.....The complete opposite of our current policy.

Back