• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tampa Blue

Director⭐
Has any player ever had such a massive turn around in fortune that anyone can remember?

I have only seen him twice and that was against York and Aldershot and I thought he was awful - just goes to show what I know and I am delighted to be proved wrong.

Huge credit to Luggy for sticking with him and now everyone is reaping the rewards, just makes me wonder about other players in the past who didn't get the run of games that Tomlin has had and reinforces that Luggy is a great great manager for a club of our size and stature.

Form is temporary and all that. Let's see where he is at in March before we get giddy. Didn't Trevor Fitzpatrick go on some mini barnstorming run just prior to being released?

Form is temporary and all that. Let's see where he is at in March before we get giddy. Didn't Trevor Fitzpatrick go on some mini barnstorming run just prior to being released?

No I don't think on any way you can compare the two players.

Gary Jones under Steve Thompson was the biggest 2nd coming since the ressurrection of Jesus, but agree full with OP.

You certainly cannot compare Tomlin and Fitzpatrick. As PS mentioned in the programme notes last night he stuck by GT because other than sticking the ball in the net his workrate, positioning and all round play was spot on. He was just unlucky with some decent efforts being stopped by a keeper playing a blinder. To me it is no surprise that once he got a goal he would score a sackful such is his effort on the pitch every game.

Last edited:
He has all the ability with the ball and just lacked the confidence going forward

If the goals do dry up I hope his confidence doesn't so we still see him running at opposition defences and setting up britt

Tomlin is a class act. Even before he went on the current run of goals his approach play was excellent. Well done Luggy for proving the doubters wrong.

The only wory now is the transfer window.....GT is scoring so many goals that he's being noticed.... will someone make an offer Ron can't refuse....?

The only wory now is the transfer window.....GT is scoring so many goals that he's being noticed.... will someone make an offer Ron can't refuse....?

For a 29 year old striker who has only really had 2 prolific spells in his career (Gillingham last season, and the last 10 or so games for us) I doubt anyone would be willing to offer over £40,000-£50,000 at absolute most. Is that an offer which can't be refused?

For a 29 year old striker who has only really had 2 prolific spells in his career (Gillingham last season, and the last 10 or so games for us) I doubt anyone would be willing to offer over £40,000-£50,000 at absolute most. Is that an offer which can't be refused?

Why would they sell one of the main reasons the team is flying? It could seriously damage promotion hopes. I'm sure R.M. will do his normal juggling of finances to keep this team together, as promotion and the extra income from a team that is challenging for promotion and the title, would far exceed the 40 or 50 grand you mention.

I think PS will be asking GT to quit the somersault celebration, last night he hurt himself and was feeling a twinge when he did it after his first goal. He is happy here and looking to have some good cup runs and a promotion medal.
Maybe he will be trawling his family tree to find a little national side to play for........Scotland maybe?

Credit to both for sticking at it. Tomlin must have shown in training that he deserved to stay in the team.

As for selling him, I doubt many will be queuing up for him, and we still have Hall and Mohsni to (fingers crossed) sell to bring in some cash in January.

I think the fact that Luggy was a striker has aided Gavin and Britt. In fact most of the strikers that Luggy has signed have enjoyed their most prolific spells of their career under him- Britt, Tomlin, Corr, Dickinson (think maybe his 2nd most prolific season). Even Blair scored 6 in his first season which was probably his most!

I think the fact that Luggy was a striker has aided Gavin and Britt. In fact most of the strikers that Luggy has signed have enjoyed their most prolific spells of their career under him- Britt, Tomlin, Corr, Dickinson (think maybe his 2nd most prolific season). Even Blair scored 6 in his first season which was probably his most!

That's a very interesting stat. Has Luggy done this before at other clubs?

Even before the goals, Tomlin was worth his place in the side. He's given us an 'out ball' all season, especially away from home.

Tomlin is a class act. Even before he went on the current run of goals his approach play was excellent. Well done Luggy for proving the doubters wrong.
This.

Tomlin was an excellent outlet even before his recent run of goals. His contribution this season has been massive.

I was one of his biggest critics in the early part of the season and didnt think he would be a good signing, didnt believe he had goals in him. Im delighted that im totally wrong. He has been simply outstanding recently.

Almost thought Tomlin was unable to shoot earlier in the season! And now scoring with his head!

I like the fact that Tomlin can also switch back into the midfield and therefore allow the team to change formation when required. :thumbsup:

I was one of his biggest critics in the early part of the season and didnt think he would be a good signing, didnt believe he had goals in him. Im delighted that im totally wrong. He has been simply outstanding recently.

Me too. Underwhelmed when we bought him, but happy to be proved wrong.

Credit to both for sticking at it. Tomlin must have shown in training that he deserved to stay in the team.

As for selling him, I doubt many will be queuing up for him, and we still have Hall and Mohsni to (fingers crossed) sell to bring in some cash in January.

Personally I thought he showed it during matches. His overall play and workrate were fantastic. The only issue was his finishing.

Back