• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

I have been asked to speak on the radio machine tomorrow morning regarding the Head Groundsman Saga but I am unable to do it.

We need a volunteer to speak sense to give the fans' perspective.

Any volunteers please PM me your contact details.

I have been asked to speak on the radio machine tomorrow morning regarding the Head Groundsman Saga but I am unable to do it.

We need a volunteer to speak sense to give the fans' perspective.

Any volunteers please PM me your contact details.

I'm happy to go on the show and say "Sorry I can't comment until I know the full story and neither should your radio station."

I'm happy to go on the show and say "Sorry I can't comment until I know the full story and neither should your radio station."

Bang on - I really don't see what this has got to do with any of us - no one knows what has gone on.
This is getting way way out of hand IMO. Wait for the facts then complain your arses off if that's what floats your boat.

This really is ridiculous. It is a matter between an employee (ex) and employer. BBC Essex presumably do not have the facts and neither will any member of SZ (as far as anybody has said)...! So what on earth can either ask or reply?
We are going well on the field and have a "far from perfect" Chairman. My huge, huge, huge fear is that the non-stop witch hunt against RM and the club will see us struggling at the wrong end of League 2 in the future.
If the Chairman has fired a long term employee without sufficient grounds - then hopefully that will be investigated and compensated. If that is not the case - then so be it.
We have a good squad, are in a decent position, the football is (from sources on SZ) the best in years. SO..what does BBC Essex and a section of fans attempt? To support the club? Naaahhhhhh.....of course not.
See you in The Conference!

This will be an opportunity for someone who knows none of the facts to make a real fool of themselves or worse...I hope its a paid appearance in case the lawyers are listening and the funds are needed later...

This will be an opportunity for someone who knows none of the facts to make a real fool of themselves or worse...I hope its a paid appearance in case the lawyers are listening and the funds are needed later...

The main reason I won't be on there. I often make a fool of myself --- as you all witness here on the Zone.

I don't need the whole of Essex to hear.

Like others have said, this is getting really silly now. I had a lady at work say to me today, "really bad what your club have done!". This is a lady who knows nothing about football and lives in London, hardly local. She found out after seeing BBC breakfast talking about it. I'd seen the same thing, then BBC breakfast rolled out the papers, to then show we was on the back page of the Sun. I was just amazed by the whole thing. No one on the outside knows all the facts. One thing I do know, Ron Martin my seem deluded at times, but one thing he isn't, that's stupid. I'm fairly confident that he wouldn't just sack someone for no reason, to then be taken to a tribunal. Like I stated, we simply don't know. So for BBC Essex to be getting involved , it just seems ludicrous.

This really is ridiculous. It is a matter between an employee (ex) and employer. BBC Essex presumably do not have the facts and neither will any member of SZ (as far as anybody has said)...! So what on earth can either ask or reply?
We are going well on the field and have a "far from perfect" Chairman. My huge, huge, huge fear is that the non-stop witch hunt against RM and the club will see us struggling at the wrong end of League 2 in the future.
If the Chairman has fired a long term employee without sufficient grounds - then hopefully that will be investigated and compensated. If that is not the case - then so be it.
We have a good squad, are in a decent position, the football is (from sources on SZ) the best in years. SO..what does BBC Essex and a section of fans attempt? To support the club? Naaahhhhhh.....of course not.
See you in The Conference!
I nominate you to go on the show tomorrow and say this!

the club ha e said very little . The groundsman has said even less . Neither party will speak to the media.
looks like it will be a a section on tomorrows show which will be either very short or very short on facts....

Surprised BBC News Essex haven't asked a fan on to speculate about Ranger...

Considering this is our local reporting medium i would expect a more positive view of our club, but as usual they seek scandal

And Mrs Blue / Mr S Blue - no you can't volunteer :smile:

Last edited:
the club ha e said very little . The groundsman has said even less . Neither party will speak to the media.
looks like it will be a a section on tomorrows show which will be either very short or very short on facts....

But as with all media they won't allow the facts (or lack of them) to get in the way of a good story. They will find a little old lady outside a Morrison's in Wigan to talk about it if they have to..

Personally I am amazed at the interest the story has generated.

Yes the Groundsman may have deserved to be fired and yes the club may have received legal advice not to say anything at all, or alternatively he didn't deserve to be fired in which case he will no doubt win at a tribunal or settle 'out of court'.

It's a shame the way that the whole story has been managed and it is PB and the players who I feel sorry for as collectively they are serving up some of the best football I have seen in many years. This should be the story that is in the papers and on BBC Essex.

I wonder if the absence of a full time CEO has had an impact on this.

And for sake of clarity I do support my club and want them, the Manager and therefore by default the Owner to be hugely successful.

I wonder if the absence of a full time CEO has had an impact on this.
I do think that a CEO may well have dealt with this matter rather than the Chairman being involved. I certainly know that our previous CEO handled a few firings during his tenure - and that is one thing that Ron may miss...someone to deflect this kind of stuff for him.

I've spoken on the radio a few times in the past on SUFC things but certainly won't be putting myself forward for this for the reasons most people have already outlined.

Surprised BBC News Essex have asked a fan on to speculate about Ranger...

Considering this is our local reporting medium i would expect a more positive view of our club, but as usual they seek scandal

And Mrs Blue / Mr S Blue - no you can't volunteer :smile:

When did Ranger get sacked as a head groundsman???

If I went on there it's simple

Ranger has been naughty and Ken may have been naughty...BUT they may not have been naughty....Maybe Ron has been naughty...Proper naughty.

Note : fans' perspective, which could be we don't know the full facts, but we should be told

Back