• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Er, all 2008 matey.

ER ACTUALLY The READER WAS released IN THE UK in January 2009.
I remember seeing it at the cold and draughty and unheated Coronet Cinema in Notting Hill Gate the day AFTER our magnificent 1-1 draw at Chelsea in its first day or so of RELEASE in the UK.
It would certainly be one of my top 5 films of 2009.
However for me the outstanding BRITISH film of 2009 was FISHTANK closely followed by the Catalan Director Isabel Coxet's Mapa Sin Sonidos(MAP without sounds)which will probably get a UK release in 2010.
The best American film was undoubtly Sean Penn's Milk ,Clint Eastwood's The Changeling is worthy of mention too.Along with Julian Temple's The Liberty of Norton Fulgate and OIL CITY Confidential , the two best documentaries I've seen this year.
BTW IMDB is of course an American website!
I think we all know that films have to be released in the US before January to qualify for the Oscars but that has nothing to do with their UK or European release date!

Last edited:
Incidentally Slumdog was one of the nominations for best British film release of 2009 on last night's J. Woss's Film 2009.
Personally I'd agree with Daneil Day Lewis and go for Fishtank as the best British film of 2009.

Last edited:
In this order:

5- The Damned United
4- UP!
3- Bruno
2- Taken
1- Transformers 2

In this order:

5- The Damned United
4- UP!
3- Bruno
2- Taken