• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Top Comedians

Lee Evans would get my vote too.

You should read his autobiography. That guy deserves everything good that comes to him.

I've read it, very interesting read especially how it ends, was really expecting it to have lots about his career when he got famous.

I've read it, very interesting read especially how it ends, was really expecting it to have lots about his career when he got famous.

Yeah, but that bit would be boring, and just showing off, which isn't his style at all.

Yeah, but that bit would be boring, and just showing off, which isn't his style at all.

Very true, although I did finish it thinking he would release another book about his life after he got famous. It certainly wasn't a boring book.

My two recent favourites are Lee Mack and Jimmy Carr. I haven't seen Micky Flanagan live yet but forward to that one day. Can I mention one comedian who I have always thought was the dogs b******s and that is Billy Connolly. Sadly no longer able to perform at his best, but still a genuinely very funny guy.

Jason Bryne & Stephen K Amos are my two favourites that ive seen live.

He played a small venue in GY a couple of months ago, he was brilliant. Also saw John Bishop in Lowestoft back in September who was also very good, but my all time favourite is Jasper Carrott who I saw at the Cliffs back in 1985. Sheer genius.

Never been less fond of the comedy on offer. I left an Eddie Izzard gig at the interval last year. I miss Emo Phillips, although Stewart Lee can be good.

I'll vote for Al Murray.

Gotta keep in with the Landlord. :smile:

You mean the privately educated Oxford graduate a few generations removed from nobility?

Not a fan and find his publicity stunt of standing against Farrage cringeworthy.

Last edited:
Andrew Lawrence is a bright young and up-and-coming comedian. Got a bit of media attention recently when he posted a Facebook rant about the BBC's political correctness. One of the few right-wing comedians out there. He's actually playing in Southend next month I believe. There aren't many modern comedians I really like. Frankie Boyle makes me laugh a lot even though I disagree with some of his political views.

Last edited:
Andrew Lawrence is a bright young and up-and-coming comedian. Got a bit of media attention recently when he posted a Facebook rant about the BBC's political correctness. One of the few right-wing comedians out there. He's actually playing in Southend next month I believe. There aren't many modern comedians I really like.

He was up and coming about a decade ago!

Milton Jones, Lee Mack. I used to despise Jimmy Carr but the more I see the more I love. Same with Dara. I used to think he was a smug git but I think that was bad judgement on my part. Frankie Boyle would get my vote.

The one that does nothing for me is Micky Flanagan and believe me I have tried to like him.

Back