• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Torquay United 1-0 Southend United

White MOM or Ralph ??

Enjoying the urgency in getting new players and loanees in?

Usually get a good picture of where we will stand after 10 games. Although one win in ten would say it all.

Can we not just let players do whatever it is they’re good at instead of trying to fit it into a system we fancy.

3 at the back is great - if you’ve got three outstanding centre backs. Ralph isn’t even a centre back. One of them can’t run. One of them is a solid mother ****er so I’d love to build round him.

What is the ****ing point of this.

442 is dead to me as well.

I hate everything.

It takes time to form a perspective on where we are now and after seven games it is now obvious that bringing back Brown was a mistake,. Any replacement for the hapless, hopeless Molesley and his sidekicks looked like an obvious improvement but Brown has now proved conclusively that he is yesterday's man with no answers for our current predicament. His recruitment of old lags with no legs has been disastrous and we are the perfect remedy for out of form sides to rehabilitate at our expense. The root cause of this goes back many years of course when a self styled property developer (is there a lower form of life?) was allowed to take over and advance the myth that the club's salvation lay in the creation of a new stadium when the real agenda was to develop Roots Hall. The ludicrously protracted saga of FF just underlines how gullible supporters have been over the past decades in falling for this nonsense. You don't need a crystal ball to predict the future,: non payment of HMRC liabilities, wages not paid, an embargo etc etc, we have been there before many times. Zoom meetings where Martin and now the CEO get away with waffle instead of being held to account by incisive quesrioning. This is a club in its death throes, and the sooner a phoenix rises from the ashes the better. Other clubs have done it , why shouldn't we?

Picking the kids? Egbri is all energy and nothing else. Bridge needs more work done on him. Kargbo and Dennis, though on for a short time didn't even look as if they would/could make a difference. Next idea, please.

Brown was bought in for one job only. Recruit a load cheap pl;ayers that may or may not keep us in the league. But the word is on 'cheap'. Brown has nothing to loose he has a contract and if he does well great he could move on to better things if not 'meh'

. This is a club in its death throes, and the sooner a phoenix rises from the ashes the better. Other clubs have done it , why shouldn't we?
Remember that while the old club exists, even it it was just as an inactive shell, a phoenix club would have to start right at the bottom.

Our crosses were the worst part of our game today. No urgency; no whip; no variation. It might help if Arnold would drop-kick or hit flat more often. Dalby and Murphy were constantly out-jumped - again. While here: poor Atkinson. He looks like he's running through porridge!

Remember that while the old club exists, even it it was just as an inactive shell, a phoenix club would have to start right at the bottom.
At the present rate of decline the old club would pass the new one very quickly!

Going on from my post above. It’s a moan that sort of applies to it. But why did we last year. Make Ricky Holmes play wide and track back. It’s like the club can’t let players play to their strengths. I’m sure ****in tv football has muddied the minds of coaches. Ralph is a ****ing left back. And so is John White really. We played Akinola wide. Why are we not signing players to fill positions/roles that we need. Oh yeah, because our name is so ****ed because of the way Martin has run us for so long.

Martin Out.

Picking the kids? Egbri is all energy and nothing else. Bridge needs more work done on him. Kargbo and Dennis, though on for a short time didn't even look as if they would/could make a difference. Next idea, please.

Neither Egbri or Bridge are wing-backs, so why are they playing there. Arguably our best wing-back, Ralph, is playing CB and we wonder why the performances are awful.

Add to that a centre midfield with no pace, and you have the makings of a cr@p side!!!

Neither Egbri or Bridge are wing-backs, so why are they playing there. Arguably our best wing-back, Ralph, is playing CB and we wonder why the performances are awful.

Add to that a centre midfield with no pace, and you have the makings of a cr@p side!!!
Absolutely. Basically the whole mess is because PB is trying to shoehorn Coulson into the team. White and Hobson were the basis of a good back four last season in the division above.

Not sure many would agree. However, when Ron appointed MM he appeared to want to go in a certain direction with a progressive young manager who wanted to sign players at their peak with pace. It seemed to be MM's MO, if you like. Unfortunately he was left high and dry and never had a chance with embargoes ect, all of which has been done to death on here.

What mystified me is his decision to revert to an old school manager who was always going to go in a completely different direction in terms of recruitment. There was no consistency of vision and plan at all. So we have ended up in a situation where we're no better off but now had a complete overhaul, and now have a squad full of old cloggers with no ability but lots of work ethic, and a couple of players with pace and energy and at peak age kicking their heels at home. For the life of me I am not suggesting someone like ANG, who frustrated the bell out of me at times last year, is the complete answer but he did at least take players on and get into good positions. The situation with Akinola is totally baffling given no other club has seemingly ever had an issue with his attitude or work rate, and he was clearly carrying an injury when Brown took over.

Ron Martin's decision making is atrocious. There is no long term plan and the appointment of Brown is looking like a terrible decision.
I do.

MM was dealt the hardest hand in the football league and, had he been backed enough to sign a striker or have his players available all season, we would’ve stayed up.

I know we couldn’t score but towards the second half of the season we could defend. Let’s not forget he was sacked after a draw away to eventually promoted Morecambe.

He would’ve had players lined up to fit the way he wanted to play and above all it would’ve been some continuity which we have lacked for so long.

Agree regarding old school brown, it’s out dated and won’t work. Ron needs to see beyond the end of his nose when it comes to planning for the future.

Three games in a row I’ve felt low and thought it must get better from now…

I do.

MM was dealt the hardest hand in the football league and, had he been backed enough to sign a striker or have his players available all season, we would’ve stayed up.

I know we couldn’t score but towards the second half of the season we could defend. Let’s not forget he was sacked after a draw away to eventually promoted Morecambe.

He would’ve had players lined up to fit the way he wanted to play and above all it would’ve been some continuity which we have lacked for so long.

Agree regarding old school brown, it’s out dated and won’t work. Ron needs to see beyond the end of his nose when it comes to planning for the future.

Three games in a row I’ve felt low and thought it must get better from now…
That’s revisionist history that would make David Irving blush.

Back