• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

After last weeks successful away outing an even longer journey to Torquay is in store.

I wouldn't change the team from Saturday - based on Kiernan being okay. Even if he isn't then Phillips is able to slot straight back in.

And go with the 4-1-4-1 formation that saw 3 midfielders score last week.

I can see some changes to the subs bench. Eastwood and Smith and Payne to be joined by Atkinson and Leonard.

Am I right in thinking this is the 3rd of three matches that Woodrow misses?

After last weeks successful away outing an even longer journey to Torquay is in store.

I wouldn't change the team from Saturday - based on Kiernan being okay. Even if he isn't then Phillips is able to slot straight back in.

And go with the 4-1-4-1 formation that saw 3 midfielders score last week.

I can see some changes to the subs bench. Eastwood and Smith and Payne to be joined by Atkinson and Leonard.

Am I right in thinking this is the 3rd of three matches that Woodrow misses?

Yep....he was sent off at Portsmouth, so.........Cheltenham, Chesterfield, Torquay. Difficult to see anything else but three points here............which is precisely why we shall probably lose! :'( :winking:

I have little to add to this thread, why change a winning team? The bench is getting stronger and hopefully we will get the points sewn up early on and Mr Brown can use the subs to our best advantage. Is anyone a fresh injury or close to a suspension?

Bentley
White Keiron Prosser Coker
Timlin
Hurst Clifford Laird Straker
Corr

SUBS: Smith Phillips, Atkinson Leonard, Payne Eastwood Ried

Blues 3-1 Torquay
Corr, Hurst and Eastwood for us, Benyon for them (ex blues curse)

Is anyone a fresh injury or close to a suspension?
According to Soccerbase:

6 - Prosser
5 - White
4 - Coker, Atkinson
3 - Leonard
2 - Hurst, Kiernan, Clifford
1 - Phillips, Straker, Thompson, Timlin, Woodrow, Corr

According to Soccerbase:

6 - Prosser
5 - White
4 - Coker, Atkinson
3 - Leonard
2 - Hurst, Kiernan, Clifford

I thought Atkinson missed the last game after getting his 5 yellows.

Torquay have only lost 3 games at home, the same number we have, but their main problem has been scoring goals. Apart from their only victory at home (4-2 win over Cheltenham) that means in 8 games they have only scored 4 goals - they drew 5 of those.

Yeah, I thought the same, couldn't remember if he was suspended or injured. FA site says we have no players on 4 yellows so not sure about the Coker total either.

Just looked on the OS

6 - Prosser
5 - White, Atkinson
4 - Coker
3 - Leonard
2 - Hurst, Clifford

Coker has 3 from the league and 1 from the cup. Also no mention of Kiernan on there.

Just looked on the OS

6 - Prosser
5 - White, Atkinson
4 - Coker
3 - Leonard
2 - Hurst, Clifford

Coker has 3 from the league and 1 from the cup. Also no mention of Kiernan on there.

Sorry but that leaves me confused. Does it mean that 1 more yellow for Coker and he is suspended? That's not good as he picks up a booking every other game or so.

Sorry but that leaves me confused. Does it mean that 1 more yellow for Coker and he is suspended? That's not good as he picks up a booking every other game or so.

Yes 1 more and he is out. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think anyone who has under 5 yellow cards on the 31st December has their count towards the suspension wiped.

Yes 1 more and he is out. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think anyone who has under 5 yellow cards on the 31st December has their count towards the suspension wiped.
Now I am confused! under 5? So Luke will keep his 5 no matter what? In that case it is a shame he hasn't been suspended for Torquay. I thought Whitey had already done a suspension too?

I would keep the team that played at Chesterfield last week.We have a good chance of another win.Always a nice trip to Torquay nice part of the world.

It is crucial that Coker can get the end of the calendar year without picking up that 5th yellow!

Confident of a win, c'mon Blues!

We are flying , scoring plenty , conceding few and confidence is high.
They are bottom of L2 and struggling.
What could possibly go wrong ! :sad:

Yep....he was sent off at Portsmouth, so.........Cheltenham, Chesterfield, Torquay. Difficult to see anything else but three points here............which is precisely why we shall probably lose! :'( :winking:

Yes it`s the old classic scenario - team in good form plays team at bottom of league - add in the special ingredient of SUFC - and it`s oh dear :omg:

As luck would have it, I'm in the UK this weekend. But it's just too far to go, having worked down there it,s too far for a day trip.

I'm reckoning a 1-1 I'm afraid. A win would be great but as we all know, sometimes the Blues snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Hopefully, I'm talking rubbish, I certainly hope so.

Back