• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trains on strike again - Whole week this time!

ldnfatso

Red Rep King!
What a bunch of ****s!

From National Express East Anglia website

Information to customers - proposed strike action by ASLE&F train drivers from Monday 21 September
09 September 2009

The ASLE&F union has announced 6 consecutive strike days commencing from Monday 21 September on National Express East Anglia services, up to and including Saturday 26 September.

I am extremely disappointed that the ASLE&F train drivers’ union has rejected our pay offer which amounts to a salary increase of at least 4% within a year, and announced a resumption of strike action from 21 September on National Express East Anglia services. Even though our offer has been accepted by the RMT and TSSA unions by over 80% votes in their ballots, ASLE&F is planning to cause further unnecessary and totally unjustified disruption to our customers who have already suffered enough through the earlier series of strikes.

We are planning further talks with ASLE&F to avert this proposed strike action.

I should also like to advise our customers that we are currently assessing our contingency plans and developing an alternative timetable that would operate on the proposed strike days, in the event of this industrial action taking place.

We will publish details of this alternative timetable and provide further advice to customers in due course on our website.

Andrew Chivers

Managing Director

National Express East Anglia

Reminds me of The Young Ones episode "Bambi" where apparently ASLEF is an anagram of total & complete b*stard...

i'm not in all of that week but they are still ****'s!

plus side is i suppose i'll get a refund for those days!

There is a good article in the Echo today

That compares the wages of a train driver, police, taxi driver and solider.

Guess which one gets the best deal!

According to the Echo

NXEA Train Driver (35 hour week) - current pay £35,321

Police Officer (40 hour week)- start pay £22,680, after 2 years £26,787, after 9 years £34,905

Solider (typically 45 hours) - £13,377; Sergeant: £29,424 to £36,204

Taxi Driver (40 hours) - Varies from £13,500

The quote from the Union Rep did not refute these figures but countered with. That it is unfair when you look across the country the drivers from NXEA are among the lower paid ones.

Surly that just means teh others need better unions or just to be paid higher in respect of their jobs or was that not what the Echo was angling for oh wait....

Why didnt hey compare High ex PA's (£40K pa) Traders (£50+ pa plus bonuses) , or Database administrators (can be base of £35K pa) , becuase i would want the other 3 to be paid more then them i nknow that

Get the greedy ****s on the dole and pay some Polish/Romanian people to do the jobs in their place. It happens in every other line of work.

Surly that just means teh others need better unions or just to be paid higher in respect of their jobs or was that not what the Echo was angling for oh wait....
it was mentioned in the article so :p it was me who did not mention it as i know someone on here would take the bait. :D

Why didnt hey compare High ex PA's (£40K pa) Traders (£50+ pa plus bonuses) , or Database administrators (can be base of £35K pa) , becuase i would want the other 3 to be paid more then them i nknow that

Those are driven by market forces and as majority of those positions are in the private sector explains the differences in wages.

Get the greedy ****s on the dole and pay some Polish/Romanian people to do the jobs in their place. It happens in every other line of work.

So you're willing to put your life, and that of thousands of others into untrained hands? Nice one Fasto. :doh:

Last edited:
So you're willing to put your life, and that of thousands of others into untrained hands? Nice one Fasto. :doh:

Don't be such a div! They do have train drivers in Poland and Romania which would be more than grateful for these jobs! If we fire all the current greedy b*****ds then they will be able to get in to GB on the basis of their skills!

Don't be such a div! They do have train drivers in Poland and Romania which would be more than grateful for these jobs! If we fire all the current greedy b*****ds then they will be able to get in to GB on the basis of their skills!

Good idea that Fatso, after all it was a resoundng success when we bought n the west indians to help with our transport problems before.
Can I also suggest we try some of their bank staff as well...ours arent exactly dong a great job are they?

And what about bringing in some overseas folk to help out on the NHS, they can always do with more staff. Hang on a moment.....

Good idea that Fatso, after all it was a resoundng success when we bought n the west indians to help with our transport problems before.
Can I also suggest we try some of their bank staff as well...ours arent exactly dong a great job are they?

Have you got a plumber out recently? They do a better job than most (not all) British ones do and they don't moan or scratch their chin saying the job is a problem for them. Also they don't drink gallons of tea whilst on your time.

They have much better working attitudes!

Back