• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Tranmere Rovers vs Southend United

Watched it on ifollow. What difference Hopper made! Don't think anyone let the team down. We defended from the front. Hopper was class but notable mentions for Hutchinson, who hasn't had the best of times lately but showed why waddock wants him in the 1st 11. Cox, who I haven't been impressed with lately but I think that may be because he has been leading the line and needs to be behind the main striker, his ball to hopper for the goal was superb.
Poor referees are standard at this level, the penalty looked very weak and to give it was going against everything the referee had been doing all game (he was giving nothing). We should have been out of sight given the chances we had abd the penalty wouldn't have cost us. At least there were positives and with a good managerial appointment and a fit Tom Hopper we might just have a chance

It was a penalty.

It was a penalty.

If you watch the match back, look at their big CB and how he played against Hopper.

About 5 or 6 times it ended up with Hopper on the floor with the same amount of contact as Ralph had on their player. Not once did he give us the free kick.

If that was a penalty then Tranmere would have played some portion of that game with 10 players and we would have had a few free kicks to try and score from.

If you watch the match back, look at their big CB and how he played against Hopper.

About 5 or 6 times it ended up with Hopper on the floor with the same amount of contact as Ralph had on their player. Not once did he give us the free kick.

If that was a penalty then Tranmere would have played some portion of that game with 10 players and we would have had a few free kicks to try and score from.
It was a penalty.

Answered it for me jarvis, a ref has to be consistent

You're right!
But it doesn't make the Tranmere penalty any the less. It just makes the ref's decisions on the others all the more wanting.

You're right!
But it doesn't make the Tranmere penalty any the less. It just makes the ref's decisions on the others all the more wanting.

I actually agree, it was a penalty. It's then just very frustrating that we were not given any of those free kicks.

You could see them constantly talking, organising and re-positioning. They were working as a unit. Milligan was also talking (telling) Dieng to pick up his man I thought it worked well
I would much rather these two as centre halfs moving forward . Lennon and Kiernan dont give a flying **** and that shows

So much better from Blues.....better quality and better application - we played like we wanted to win. Hutchinson had his best game in a Southend shirt and Milligan looked a really steadying influence at centre back - I'd like to see him stay there for a while as we look to pull things round. Cox looked like a new man in a deeper roll, scrapping for everything.....

Back