• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer Embargo, Winding Up Petition & Staff Salary Issues

I must admit I didn’t look into the share issue at the time (it was obviously a crap financial investment) so how come these shareholders are not registered as members?
@Dubai Not sure if you missed my question or if I missed your response?

You are not entitled to accounts as a “shareholder” that bought those pointless shares that were flogged years ago. They didn’t come with voting rights or any other rights.

@Dubai Not sure if you missed my question or if I missed your response?
I just ignored it tbh mate. Those shares did not offer us anything apart from telling me people “I’m a shareholder”. They will never give us access to the clubs private matters which detailed forecasting/budgeting is…regardless if we support the club or not.

There is so much wrong with this post.

Dan Bentley & Jack Payne are more recent examples of players who were established with us, and went on to make names for themselves. Nathan Bishop to Man United (on the bench on Sunday again), Jack Bridge has now come good for us, after a spell away.

I believe @Exiled Shrimper is the man who can help out with the details on the revenue our youth team has brought in through player sales.
This post from November 2020 covered a lot of it:
http://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/...em-and-compensation-thread.89258/post-2301793

During that thread, the figure quoted as being required to be put in by the club to fund the Academy at Category Three was £400k. If that’s accurate, the money made from the sales of Dan Bentley, Jack Payne and Isaac Hayden alone would meet the cost of funding the Academy for almost a decade, and that’s before you consider any others, plus money saved by first team appearances by youth team graduates.

I just ignored it tbh mate. Those shares did not offer us anything apart from telling me people “I’m a shareholder”. They will never give us access to the clubs private matters which detailed forecasting/budgeting is…regardless if we support the club or not.

No minority shareholders in most companies are likely to receive detailed forecasting/budgeting or 'private matters'

Members are entitled to accounts under the Company Act, which I think was the point being raised.

In practice I’m not sure whether even board members are privy to the accounts at the moment.

Members are entitled to accounts under the Company Act, which I think was the point being raised.

In practice I’m not sure whether even board members are privy to the accounts at the moment.
I'm certain I got at least 1 full accounts sent in the post as a shareholder, at least 2 years late if I recall correctly, but it was so long ago its joined the magna carta as a historical document, don't expect to ever see another one 😁

Last edited:
FFS two of the current starting XI came through the academy.

If it wasn’t for the money we’d made on Yearwood, Bentley, Payne, Ferdinand, Sayers, Kelman etc who were flogged to pay bills would we even still have a club?

That doesn’t even include those who were sold before they made the first team - Iorfa, Hayden, Murray-Jones, Burns, John etc
The point I was making is the youth set up is a loss making thing no matter how you dress it up. Yes a few players have moved on but take the cost factor of the academy running over the same period and it makes sense to close it down on start the youth program until say 15 for example.

The point I was making is the youth set up is a loss making thing no matter how you dress it up. Yes a few players have moved on but take the cost factor of the academy running over the same period and it makes sense to close it down on start the youth program until say 15 for example.
It's literally been explained that the money from those transfers has paid for it. So it isn't a loss maker

It's literally been explained that the money from those transfers has paid for it. So it isn't a loss maker
I think it made money when we were in th efl - but its not consistent, some years will need funding others there'll be a profit. But now we're non league the EFL grants has reduced (all the way to zero next season) and hence will be, if it isn't already, loss making

Isn't it the case that the EFL goes at the end of this season if we are not promoted?
No doubt gate receipts from Sat helped getting them paid.,,

feels like a company I used to work for that was slowly dying. Any money coming in would go to the people shouting loudest until that ran out.

Feels like the youth team got paid today, but would be at the expense of someone else…

Back