• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer Fees

Smudger

Manager
Does anyone have the inside track on what we received for Bishop, Hutchinson, Humphrys and Kelman? Anonymity can be preserved here and I actually think we need to know, given the perilous position that we’ve been in for some time.

Considering these fees and the huge reduction in our wage bill I would hope to see an immediate end to this era of playing our youth team and actually get some men in who can play 3 games in a row without getting injured....

It’ll just leave our club open again for the tax man, nothing out in public yet again.

Unfortunately RM always plays his cards close to his chest and he obviously doesn't want other clubs to know what we have in the kitty so regrettably we will never know.Its frustrating for the fans fingers crossed we have got a good deal

I would hope to see an immediate end to this era of playing our youth team

It's already over. Last match just 2 youth team products featured: a 19 year old and an 20 year old.

That's the same age as Hudson-Odoi and Jadon Sancho who have been England internationals for over an year.

We should always be sprinkling in a mixture of our best academy products and trying to develop them - the six in the opening match against Harrogate was too many but the last few weeks we've got the balance back to round where it should be.

Does anyone have the inside track on what we received for Bishop, Hutchinson, Humphrys and Kelman? Anonymity can be preserved here and I actually think we need to know, given the perilous position that we’ve been in for some time.

Considering these fees and the huge reduction in our wage bill I would hope to see an immediate end to this era of playing our youth team and actually get some men in who can play 3 games in a row without getting injured....

We'll have got enough to pay off the taxman / pay Ron's companies back for paying off the Taxman, there will be a financial fair play side to this where Ron can't just dump half a mil into the club.

I'd be wary of getting anymore people in, especially as it doesn't look like we will have any fans back anytime soon nor will we be getting any funds from the prem

You’d have to hope the combined fees are close to £1m - so we’re not broken any more? Plus the Premier League payment etc. No more excuses....

It's already over. Last match just 2 youth team products featured: a 19 year old and an 20 year old.

That's the same age as Hudson-Odoi and Jadon Sancho who have been England internationals for over an year.

We should always be sprinkling in a mixture of our best academy products and trying to develop them - the six in the opening match against Harrogate was too many but the last few weeks we've got the balance back to round where it should be.

We’re still playing far too many players with that losing habit completely engrained in them. If we have the money we should be changing out more players than we are.

You’d have to hope the combined fees are close to £1m - so we’re not broken any more? Plus the Premier League payment etc. No more excuses....
what premier league payment? the efl have held onto the solidarity payments and rejected the other offers

We'll have got enough to pay off the taxman / pay Ron's companies back for paying off the Taxman, there will be a financial fair play side to this where Ron can't just dump half a mil into the club.

I'd be wary of getting anymore people in, especially as it doesn't look like we will have any fans back anytime soon nor will we be getting any funds from the prem

Agreed but there is a balance. If we keep the same losing team and just bring in kids we are going down.

A payment is coming - whether it’s from the Premier League or the government.

I wish I had the same confidence, currently Rome is burning whilst the EFL fiddle. still as long as the billionaire owners in the championship get some help it'll be worth it.

We’re still playing far too many players with that losing habit completely engrained in them. If we have the money we should be changing out more players than we are.

Did you get to watch Saturday's game? I know the result may suggest otherwise but they didn't play look like a side with losing engrained. Neither did the week before when they came from 1-0 down to get a point at Crawley.

MM is turning it around and the results will follow. There's now a balance to be struck between getting in new blood and sticking with the players who have been been coached up to play how MM wants them to play. Every time we sign a new player we take a step backwards as that player takes time to get up to fitness and learn the system. We now need some continuity to get the wins and then look at the situation again for the January window (the one exception is that we have no depth behind Acquah and we should look to get that in before the window closes).

Nah, we're still broke, just not insolvent.

Those transfers paid the tax bill but we still have our running costs and we went from March to September with zero income.

Did you get to watch Saturday's game? I know the result may suggest otherwise but they didn't play look like a side with losing engrained. Neither did the week before when they came from 1-0 down to get a point at Crawley.

MM is turning it around and the results will follow. There's now a balance to be struck between getting in new blood and sticking with the players who have been been coached up to play how MM wants them to play. Every time we sign a new player we take a step backwards as that player takes time to get up to fitness and learn the system. We now need some continuity to get the wins and then look at the situation again for the January window (the one exception is that we have no depth behind Acquah and we should look to get that in before the window closes).

Nah, we're still broke, just not insolvent.

Those transfers paid the tax bill but we still have our running costs and we went from March to September with zero income.

I did watch the game and enjoyed it for the first time in ages - I see the improvement you’re speaking of but the fact remains that we haven’t won a game in 7 months. You’re dealing in hope not facts YB. We need more than a bit of backup for our inexperienced striker to do what you’re talking about as though it’s a given.....

I did watch the game and enjoyed it for the first time in ages - I see the improvement you’re speaking of but the fact remains that we haven’t won a game in 7 months. You’re dealing in hope not facts YB. We need more than a bit of backup for our inexperienced striker to do what you’re talking about as though it’s a given.....

You are being a bit harsh with not winning a game for 7 months. For 5 of those months we didn't kick a ball due to Covid.

If you are using the Brizzle game as a reference point then we have played 6, Won 1, lost 3 and drawn 2. Not too bad when viewed that way

I had a dream...... Ron was on a Donkey riding along the old Arterial road. Suddenly his carrot fell off the Donkey which lurched to the left and wandered down a path to what looked like a big metal tent, but was actually a fly tip of fridges, The Donkey reared and Ron fell onto a disused Hotpoint, bumping his head. On coming round Ron had received a vision..........

I hate UNDISCLOSED fees he cried, they make my blood boil !!. We shouldnt have a free hand to operate behind closed doors. The paying punters deserve better than our obsession for undisclosed fees which is an insult to fans

I know ive been wrong, he wailed, please forgive me for joining in with this boringly well trodden exercise in public relations which only serves to protect Agents, Directors and Chairman and is designed to save face, God even in one year only 5 of 115 transfer fees were disclosed. It never used to be like that he mused

All of us, yes All of us he muttered, have thrown this fire blanket over the deals rather than risk the wrath of our poor supporter's who should be treated better. I know there is a certain joy about knowing how much a player cost and the punters being able to make comparisons

Sitting on the grass by a dented Microwave, Ron scratched his head and thought about Obligations. Yes an interesting term, should a club serve its customers because it really wants too or because it has too?

'The revelation hit home strong, " Accountability and Transparency is key in this fair play era " he repeated repetitiously ,and When I find that bloody Donkey and ride Home I will get tattoo somewhere where I will regularly see it to remind me of this fine moment in time, when our fans will never see an UNDISCLOSED transfer fee again

The slight complication of course being that the club has had next to no other income for seven months. Even most of the season ticket money is being held by Lloyds. The money we have had for these players is barely going to touch the sides unfortunately. But yes, it does seem we're starting to come out of the other side.

That 7 months is not even accurate as we won several pre-season friendlies, including beating Charlton as part of 6 months unbeaten. I know we need to go and win league games again but it's coming. Five years ago when I looked to the club's future I saw storm clouds gathering, now I seem glimmers of blue.

It's not just hope. The facts show that we are improving in the league game by game. I know how bad things were but I also know that like steering a boat you don't see the results immediately. We're slowly coming back onto the right course. That started last season (well, actually under Powell before injuries cut it short) but we were setback by our late start and latest managerial change. Game by game we are getting closer.

I don't want us to go through what we have been through again and part of that means living within our means and maybe even saving for a rainy day. Come January we'll be able to reassess and create some more wage space by letting McCormack or White go. Maybe some players will have been shown not to be good enough but others might have stepped up.

Keep the faith. The good times are around the corner.

Back