• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentioned it in my podcast released this week (shameless plug, sorry) but I genuinely believe that if we sign Andrew Dallas it would be a major, major coup. Just about 23 and has the potential to rise through the divisions (with us).

Remember this in 10 years time when he leaves for pastures new after racking up 250 goals in 400 appearances and becoming an SUFC legend. Please don't wake me up.

Great thread been started by Shrimper Stats on Twitter for those in the Twittersphere
Love Shrimper Stats, think the analysis they do is excellent.

However this only really covers positions where we have current gaps. Personally, and I am prepared to be shot down here, I believe we should be looking at options to strengthen every position. Having watched a lot of games last season at this level I do not think any of our players are the strongest in their position in the league (maybe with the exception of Cav).

If the new owners are looking to push for an immediate promotion then I think all sentiment needs to be left at the door and they need to consider bringing in stronger options across the board if we are to seriously challenge.

Now I’m aware we will have a budget but I think it needs to be spent wisely and not just to fill in the blanks.

There will be budgets and I am sure any money will be spent wisely. However, I think it is just as important, if not more so, that we live within our means and never get in this situation again.

The stated recruitment policy is absolutely fine by me, players will be developed and sold on hopefully with a sizable profit.

We have lost a year thanks to Ron, but are still in a stronger position player wise than 12 months ago.

However this only really covers positions where we have current gaps. Personally, and I am prepared to be shot down here, I believe we should be looking at options to strengthen every position. Having watched a lot of games last season at this level I do not think any of our players are the strongest in their position in the league (maybe with the exception of Cav).

I will get back on my hobby horse - yes, to signing new strikers but for me "the big issue" for the management team is sorting out the midfield mix. We have a number of good players already but there isn't enough "attack & drive" at times to support the attackers.

I don't know what it is but something seems to be missing at times.

I will get back on my hobby horse - yes, to signing new strikers but for me "the big issue" for the management team is sorting out the midfield mix. We have a number of good players already but there isn't enough "attack & drive" at times to support the attackers.

I don't know what it is but something seems to be missing at times.
Couldn’t agree more. Midfield for me is in desperate need of 2 quality central players. One a box to box and the other a creative player. Personally I don’t think the options we have there are good enough to get us to the very top and challenge.

Couldn’t agree more. Midfield for me is in desperate need of 2 quality central players. One a box to box and the other a creative player. Personally I don’t think the options we have there are good enough to get us to the very top and challenge.
I am happy with Taylor if he can stay fit but agree a creative type would be a strong addition.

I am agreeing with most here about the midfield needing some X factor.
Fingers crossed that Dallas is likely to be what we need to partner Cards; with Sandat, Wreh and Powell as back up.
A fit Mooney, in behind a front two with Jack B using either wing might work.
BUT most pressing and lacking has been a true, natural captain/ leader out on the turf, pushing/pulling the side; and in the ear of his team and the officials in the mold of Adam, PC, or Macca.

If the new owners are looking to push for an immediate promotion then I think all sentiment needs to be left at the door and they need to consider bringing in stronger options across the board if we are to seriously challenge.

Now I’m aware we will have a budget but I think it needs to be spent wisely and not just to fill in the blanks.
Agree with this entirely.

I do fear for Kev though, as I don’t think he’s the sort of manager that would want to overhaul the squad chasing promotion.

Tinkering with the current squad will get us up the right end of the table, but that might not be good enough for the new regime.

Could Anthony Grant still do a job for us?

The other player combination that comes to mind was Timlin & Dru Yearwood.
Surely will new guys coming in with their £££s bringing in old players will hopefully be a thing of the past , new investment lets start moving forward onwards & upwards

I didn't want to talk to him as I was respecting his privacy (esp. as he was with his Mrs) but it was definitely him - I was just coming out of Clements Hall and he was strolling past.

Also I was wearing the white Macron away shorts - which he clocked- so didn't want to be a mad weirdo stalker :o)

Gets his haircut at Kendricks in Rochford.

Yours

Mad Weirdo Stalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back