• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Why don’t you scroll through this thread and see

Criticism is key to growth

Does this help at all?

Criticism is almost universally seen as something negative. But what if I told you that it has an amazing positive power if you see it with the right perspective. This holds not only true for “constructive” forms of criticism but even downright mean spirited attacks!

Best wishes

MODS can you please close this thread and start a new Transfer Rumours Thread , as this one seems to have seriously gone off topic and degenerated into an age thread, An is he too old or too young to be any good thread.

Hobson, Clifford, Hart, Ferguson, Elvis, Walsh, Rush, ANG , Tyrrell, plus the young players who will step into the squad this year from the youths - plenty of minus 30's. I've no problem with the 30 pluses we are approaching - all seem solid pros who have had decent careers. We have to bring in experience to hit the ground running.

Hobson, Clifford, Hart, Ferguson, Elvis, Walsh, Rush, ANG , Tyrrell, plus the young players who will step into the squad this year from the youths - plenty of minus 30's. I've no problem with the 30 pluses we are approaching - all seem solid pros who have had decent careers. We have to bring in experience to hit the ground running.

Has Sam Hart actually signed for Southend?

But I get your point. Hopefully, Craig Fagan as Assistant Manager, will mean that young players like Eren Kinali come to the fore. It is certainly high time Southend gave Kinali a real chance to establish himself in the first team squad.

Does this help at all?

Criticism is almost universally seen as something negative. But what if I told you that it has an amazing positive power if you see it with the right perspective. This holds not only true for “constructive” forms of criticism but even downright mean spirited attacks!

Best wishes

Does this help at all?

Best wishes

Bazz, you were far more fun when you used to pick a team that would embarrass us because of their 'early' signings.

Ok I wont mention the usual but even in January one year Scunthorpe were the shining light according to your research. despite doing really well, they had identified and signed 8 players in early January from a list of 15. They were guaranteed to cement a place in the Autos after missing out in the last few seasons.

For some reason they couldn't win for the whole of February and March and Graham Alexander was sacked. How could that be? signed players in their 20's and early....Thats because football never has been a science, the more people try to claim it is the more nonsense they speak.

Picking last years winners of the NL is no fun. We could all produce threads on how Sutton won the league and make our theory fit. I could argue that if Torquay had more experienced over 30's they might have won one of their last 4 games but they didn't.

So i'll be very constructive and say get back to next season. Its far more fun on here when people list the endless players signed by others as the exact player we needed and its a disgrace that we missed out.

So come on Bazz lets hear your predictions for next season and we can get back to some debate.....Remember 2+2 does not always add up to 4 in the football world and one 32 year old can be more effective than two 28 year olds.

I’m getting a little tired of reading the same argument over again. You’ve had ample opportunity to get your points across about age. Any further posts labouring the same point will be deleted. Can we keep it to transfer rumours. If you wish to discuss ages etc, start another thread.

Believe it or not but some people want to read this thread for suggestions of players we won’t sign, rumours from fake agents and very rarely an actual bit of inside knowledge of someone we are signing.

Its not going to be the SUFC big club and big budget sign as we please summer that some expect.

I know from a certain NL player that he was approached by us but the money meant it never got to far. It did get further with some team mates of his but they will re-sign at their current club as the money is better.

The problem is our fans will expect to beat this team home and away.

Bazz, you were far more fun when you used to pick a team that would embarrass us because of their 'early' signings.

Ok I wont mention the usual but even in January one year Scunthorpe were the shining light according to your research. despite doing really well, they had identified and signed 8 players in early January from a list of 15. They were guaranteed to cement a place in the Autos after missing out in the last few seasons.

For some reason they couldn't win for the whole of February and March and Graham Alexander was sacked. How could that be? signed players in their 20's and early....Thats because football never has been a science, the more people try to claim it is the more nonsense they speak.

Picking last years winners of the NL is no fun. We could all produce threads on how Sutton won the league and make our theory fit. I could argue that if Torquay had more experienced over 30's they might have won one of their last 4 games but they didn't.

So i'll be very constructive and say get back to next season. Its far more fun on here when people list the endless players signed by others as the exact player we needed and its a disgrace that we missed out.

So come on Bazz lets hear your predictions for next season and we can get back to some debate.....Remember 2+2 does not always add up to 4 in the football world and one 32 year old can be more effective than two 28 year olds.

Blimey you really are following me, almost troll like, I accept it as a matter of genuine respect on your part and thank you for it

We seem to be going for older players this summer mainly from Ipswich! Having signed Cole Skuse a couple of weeks ago (35) we are now likely to sign Luke Chambers (35) and Freddie Sears (31), Alan Judge (32) is a possibility too. I hope we are getting a couple more physios to cope:Winking:

We seem to be going for older players this summer mainly from Ipswich! Having signed Cole Skuse a couple of weeks ago (35) we are now likely to sign Luke Chambers (35) and Freddie Sears (31), Alan Judge (32) is a possibility too. I hope we are getting a couple more physios to cope:Winking:
Haha, Ipswich reserves :Winking: . Looking at those names, they are all capable of doing job in league 2.

Haha, Ipswich reserves :Winking: . Looking at those names, they are all capable of doing job in league 2.

Yes bloody annoying but we are turning into Ipswich B, we already have Tommy Smith and Dean Gerken here, I suspect Frank Nouble will come back too. I think Ipswich will do well this season they have a new manager and new owners with lots of cash!

Yes bloody annoying but we are turning into Ipswich B, we already have Tommy Smith and Dean Gerken here, I suspect Frank Nouble will come back too. I think Ipswich will do well this season they have a new manager and new owners with lots of cash!
I can imagine it must be...... I agree Ipswich will have good season, Paul Cook very good manager in league 1 and championship. As you pointed out they have money to spend, which helps in attracting quality players.

Back