• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Happy to be wrong but I thought he was pretty anonymous last season

You’re not wrong........but Ferguson’s anonymity was easily eclipsed by the stunning non-performance of Bridge on Sunday in Bromley’s biggest ever game.

Seen very little of Bridge and judging by Sunday I hope it stays that way. Doesn’t look like a Brown type of player to me.

Happy to be wrong but I thought he was pretty anonymous last season

Has talent but is unreliable as CM. No one will forget his Goal at FGR, the best bit is he closes two different players down beforehand to win the ball.

Then keep your eye on him for the first goal at Col U. That alone will stop him playing in PB/CF/RD team......He has the tools to be one of the best in the NL but If you didn't fancy it that night, then when will he ever?

You’re not wrong........but Ferguson’s anonymity was easily eclipsed by the stunning non-performance of Bridge on Sunday in Bromley’s biggest ever game.

Seen very little of Bridge and judging by Sunday I hope it stays that way. Doesn’t look like a Brown type of player to me.
Brown didn't rate bridge the first time of round...... bit strange Brown wants to sign Bridge.

Last edited:
I think we are ok for wide players with Egbri ANG Kinali and Walsh though didn't see much of any of them last season. Can't see where Bridge would fit in.

I think we are ok for wide players with Egbri ANG Kinali and Walsh though didn't see much of any of them last season. Can't see where Bridge would fit in.

I wouldn't have Kinali down as an out-and-out winger, and the other 3 names are lacking in experience and end product. So I'd like to think we might still try to sign another, although it might not be at the top of the priority list!

Wasn't Bridge rated higher by the Academy team than Jack Payne was?

I think you could be right

Kept showing occasional glimpses of good talent and then would disappoint. I kept hoping he would come on and make the grade but he didnt manage it and was let go. Now If hes coming our way I was thinking he must have improved, got more consistent and then as highlighted above in a major event he was completely anonymous, Thats maybe not a great trait when it counts, although I hope to be wrong and these are one off glitches may be set against him reaching better performance levels? We maybe will get to see

I always feel left out on these sort of threads because I never hear any rumours. But this morning I heard chirping from the wood pideon nest outside our bedroom, so I am now convinced we will sign someone today because a little birdie told me. Contrived or what?

To be fair your pidgeon is probably more accurate than most of the rumours on here!

Reactions: RHB
Has talent but is unreliable as CM. No one will forget his Goal at FGR, the best bit is he closes two different players down beforehand to win the ball.

Then keep your eye on him for the first goal at Col U. That alone will stop him playing in PB/CF/RD team......He has the tools to be one of the best in the NL but If you didn't fancy it that night, then when will he ever?

Well, by all accounts, PB has great motivational skills and can make players much better. The challenge for PB is make Nathan Ferguson more consistently the player he demonstrated at FGR than the one who lost concentration for the first goal at Colchester.

If any of those are first choice in the NL I think we will be in trouble - I expect these will all be back up...

Well, by all accounts, PB has great motivational skills and can make players much better. The challenge for PB is make Nathan Ferguson more consistently the player he demonstrated at FGR than the one who lost concentration for the first goal at Colchester.
Without wishing to take this thread too far off topic, I don't remember Ferguson featuring at all under Brown after the Col U game, so he obviously didn't impress Phil.

If any of those are first choice in the NL I think we will be in trouble - I expect these will all be back up...

Really even Egbri? Or are you on about the physicality of the NL and that’s your concern with him?

Back