• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Garvan is miles better than any midfielder we currently have, end of.

He has over 250 Championship (or above) appearances whilst our current crop of midfielders who came up with us don't have one between them (Atkinson, Timlin, Deegan, Payne, Leonard). It's not even like he's some old "has been", he's 27! 3 years younger than Timlin!

If we don't have the money to offer Garvan a contract, then fine, we probably made a mistake signing some of these other guys. Ron Martin needs to count the cost of Garvan and a prolific striker versus the cost of another 5+ years in the bottom tier. Mooney is a lazy ****er who was a "one season wonder" and Piggott spent all summer thinking he was too good for League One despite being on the subs bench in League Two most of the latter part of last season! Talk about over-inflated ego! Thank god he is just here on loan! Noel Hunt on the other hand I believe will come good.

I said it when we got promoted that changes needed to be made, you can't afford to let your heart rule your head when making a step up. In my opinion we are running with too many passengers in this team, especially in the heart of midfield. Timlin is "alright" at this level and Leonard the jury's out on.

Michael Ricketts played for England, he was **** when he got to us.

If he is that good then why hasn't he signed for us or anyone else? It might be financial reasons why he wont sign for us but you'd think he would have had other offers.

Why not take the form over the last couple of games.

Leonard was excellent against Doncaster (many on here picked him as MOTM) and doesn't appear to have played badly against Swindon.

Yes .Lenny was good against Doncaster, but he was also pants against Walsall. Lenny is very inconsistent. You don't know which Lenny will turn up. He really should be dropped every now and again after some stinkers. I think he's too comfortable, knowing he doesn't get dropped. You'de soon get more consistency from him.
Michael Timlin overall, is far more consistent.

Yes .Lenny was good against Doncaster, but he was also pants against Walsall. Lenny is very inconsistent. You don't know which Lenny will turn up. He really should be dropped every now and again after some stinkers. I think he's too comfortable, knowing he doesn't get dropped. You'de soon get more consistency from him.
Michael Timlin overall, is far more consistent.

I think you'd miss Leonard because the contribution he provides week in and week out goes unrecognised by many of us. So many times it's Leonard with his pace who is able to cover and support other players. He's often making the last ditch tackle when someone has been beaten or is out of position. Take that away and we'll be miss him for it, even if on the ball he can be inconsistent.

Michael Ricketts played for England, he was **** when he got to us.

If he is that good then why hasn't he signed for us or anyone else? It might be financial reasons why he wont sign for us but you'd think he would have had other offers.

He also couldn't fit through the changing room door when he joined us....He was already on a steep decline before we signed him, but with some effort could have made something of his floundering career....He didn't and was finished at 31. You can't blame us for gambling on him, it could have ended a totally different way.....

I can only think it to be financial shortcoming on our part.

I think you'd miss Leonard because the contribution he provides week in and week out goes unrecognised by many of us. So many times it's Leonard with his pace who is able to cover and support other players. He's often making the last ditch tackle when someone has been beaten or is out of position. Take that away and we'll be miss him for it, even if on the ball he can be inconsistent.

Probably his pass which gave it to oppo in first place

Garvan is miles better than any midfielder we currently have, end of.

He has over 250 Championship (or above) appearances whilst our current crop of midfielders who came up with us don't have one between them (Atkinson, Timlin, Deegan, Payne, Leonard). It's not even like he's some old "has been", he's 27! 3 years younger than Timlin!

If we don't have the money to offer Garvan a contract, then fine, we probably made a mistake signing some of these other guys. Ron Martin needs to count the cost of Garvan and a prolific striker versus the cost of another 5+ years in the bottom tier. Mooney is a lazy ****er who was a "one season wonder" and Piggott spent all summer thinking he was too good for League One despite being on the subs bench in League Two most of the latter part of last season! Talk about over-inflated ego! Thank god he is just here on loan! Noel Hunt on the other hand I believe will come good.

I said it when we got promoted that changes needed to be made, you can't afford to let your heart rule your head when making a step up. In my opinion we are running with too many passengers in this team, especially in the heart of midfield. Timlin is "alright" at this level and Leonard the jury's out on.

I didn't realise it was as black and white as that. We better sign him up to guarantee we don't go down.

Yes, but we never could afford his wages. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt return to Bolton Wanderers. He spent 10+ years there, a club big enough to afford him and they are currently sitting 2nd from bottom in the Championship.

He also couldn't fit through the changing room door when he joined us....He was already on a steep decline before we signed him, but with some effort could have made something of his floundering career....He didn't and was finished at 31. You can't blame us for gambling on him, it could have ended a totally different way.....

I can only think it to be financial shortcoming on our part.

Very possible.

If Garvan is at his peak its strange Col U only gave him a contract till January though.

Yes, but we never could afford his wages. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt return to Bolton Wanderers. He spent 10+ years there, a club big enough to afford him and they are currently sitting 2nd from bottom in the Championship.

Bolton have so much debt it's scary !

Very possible.

If Garvan is at his peak its strange Col U only gave him a contract till January though.

No doubt that could be extended if he he shows some form. Makes you wonder why we couldn't have offered him a similar deal? Didn't want him? couldn't afford him? (strange if Col U can) ...............or are we saving all our pennies to bring in this free-scoring striker? :winking:

No doubt that could be extended if he he shows some form. Makes you wonder why we couldn't have offered him a similar deal? Didn't want him? couldn't afford him? (strange if Col U can) ...............or are we saving all our pennies to bring in this free-scoring striker? :winking:

Im sure it was financial and CP's tweet confirms it. He would have had to be a massive step up from what we had to warrant it, and as Col U only offered him a 5 month contract it does seem like there is a question mark over him. He may well do well and get an extension, but for us to sign yet another midfielder that doesn't seem to indicate he was worth it.

May have been a decent signing but we do need a striker.

Jeez, massively disappointing. We're going to rue missing out on him come boxing day when C*lchester are pulling the strings in midfield with Ambrose and Garvan.

Let's hope we can now go and sign an "Izalesque" striker, or else we'll be in trouble. None of these Premier league 18 year olds who have yet to play a game (a'la Coulthirst) or some Jonny no-goals on a free. Needs to be someone with a proven track record of scoring....What happened to Maynard ?

Back