• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer Time

Just had a right result. Money has been tight, but I had one of my skill trainees up for sale. Proficient / Competent RHS with Mediocre Stamina (17yo). Bids were struggling in, was up to about 280k with 2 guys in a bidding war. I was just about to step in and buy him back when one of them bid 3.5m instead of 350k :D. Nobody likes to see that ! All money worries disappeared in one fell swoop !!

Just had a right result. Money has been tight, but I had one of my skill trainees up for sale. Proficient / Competent RHS with Mediocre Stamina (17yo). Bids were struggling in, was up to about 280k with 2 guys in a bidding war. I was just about to step in and buy him back when one of them bid 3.5m instead of 350k :D. Nobody likes to see that ! All money worries disappeared in one fell swoop !!

nice one, now you just have to worry about the shadowy Battrick transfer correction Junta...

Lucky fecker!! I'm sure whoever bought him will argue the point but seeing as respectables were going for that amount 10 weeks ago they'll be hard pressed to justify reducing it too much. From what I've seen the usual price for a 17yo proficient at this stage of the season is about £500k. Saw one that was bought for £1m as a respectable and sold for £500k as a proficient! Shows what a waste of time the first few weeks of the season are when it comes to buying. I still laugh at YB's youth pull:

Date From To Price BT Rating

16/05/2009 Lt. Smiley's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade Liverpool Vikings £3,864,284 21,482
10/02/2009 Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI Lt. Smiley's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade £11,000,000 9,479

Lucky fecker!! I'm sure whoever bought him will argue the point but seeing as respectables were going for that amount 10 weeks ago they'll be hard pressed to justify reducing it too much. From what I've seen the usual price for a 17yo proficient at this stage of the season is about £500k. Saw one that was bought for £1m as a respectable and sold for £500k as a proficient! Shows what a waste of time the first few weeks of the season are when it comes to buying. I still laugh at YB's youth pull:

16/05/2009 Lt. Smiley's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade Liverpool Vikings £3,864,284 21,482
10/02/2009 Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI Lt. Smiley's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade £11,000,000 9,479

I'm certainly still laughing.

He's in Australia, I can only imagine he was smashed when he made the bid. Not complaining though.

See you're in for a nice bowler....

A name Toddy will know well. Now to me that seems like a very good price, even for a 30yo.

Bryan Barrowdale (334196) Bryan is a RH Batsman and RF Bowler. He is a defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and elite experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.

Plays For: ShrimperZone CC
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 119,267 (+4301)
Wages: £50,743 p/w

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful Concentration: superb
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: masterful
Fielding: strong

25/03/2010 Leyland CC ShrimperZone CC £4,968,364 119,267
12/02/2009 Southend United Leyland CC £10,924,200 121,366
18/11/2007 Whiteboys Southend United £13,500,000 95,278
16/09/2007 Batty Men Whiteboys £12,600,000 94,342

Last edited:
I had budgeted £6m as well, can't believe nobody else came in. Very happy, my bowling is finally back up to scratch:

Masterful/Masterful (training, hopefully not far from miraculous)
Masterful/Sensational
Exquisite/Masterful
Exceptional/Masterful
Remarkable/Quality (training, almost wonderful)

With a superb as back up and a prof/prof 17yo training. It does leave a gaping hole at No. 6 in my batting with Plums having left but I will hopefully pull and train a 17yo next season and Plums' Remarkable/Quality batting was starting to be not much better than a a strong or superb at this level.

And the bonus is it left me with £1.8m in the bank, touch!!

After 32 their stamina declines slowly to worthless. Core skills never decline.

So in a few seasons there will be a lot of high skilled, high wage players being listed with no stamina. They'll still fetch money but won't add much to the team as worthless stamina is a killer.

MrB said:
So in a few seasons there will be a lot of high skilled, high wage players being listed with no stamina. They'll still fetch money but won't add much to the team as worthless stamina is a killer.
Does Worthless Stamina affect performance, or just Recovery??

Performance as well, their PFL drops rapidly as the game goes on. So I guess that you might get a decent quick burst from them but that's it.

Back