• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Transferring files onto PS3

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
Can I put my music on there?

Put a load of tracks onto a memory stick and put it into the PS3. PS3 picks up memory stick, but says there are no tracks on there :(

Can anyone help?

Here you go James:

Yes it is possiable, but when you add the songs into the memory stick, place all the songs in one folder that way you don't have to copy them one-by-one.

Also when you insert the memory stick into the Playstation 3 and you go to the Music tab and songs don't appear, don't worry. Press "Triangle">"Display All". And to copy them press "Triangle">"Copy".

Also make sure that the memory stick is in FAT32 format and your music is in either of these formats

• Memory Stick Audio Format(ATRAC)
  • MP3(MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3)
  • MP4(MPEG-4 AAC)
  • WAVE(Linear PCM)
Hints
  • Some files cannot be played due to the data type.
  • Some music files distributed over the Internet have playback restrictions. For details, contact the content provider.
  • To play ATRAC format files, you must go to
    in_setting.gif
    (Settings) >
    in_console.gif
    (System Settings) and set [Enable ATRAC].
  • When using a USB adaptor to play music files, you may need to use a USB adaptor (not included) that supports copyright-protection features (to play copyright-protected files).
For more info about media on the Playstation 3 and to change the format on the Memory stick, check out my guide, " Unofficial: PS3 Media Guides (Windows) 56k" < -- Click.

If you've got a wireless router or both your PC and PS3 hard-wired into your modem then you're better off leaving the files where they are and downloading a wonderful little application called tversity . Basically this will then allow you to stream any media from your PC onto your PS3. Hence in about an hour I'm going to be able to watch the four new episodes of 24 which I downloaded today on a big TV rather than having to watch them on my monitor and without having to faff around burning them onto a DVD or memory stick.

Back