• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One rumour I heard at the end of last season is that Ipswich had shown interest in Anthony Grant. My source is usually reliable, but sometimes these things simply don't happen. It doesn't mean the information wasn't accurate at the time.

Scott McGleish, very reliable source and this is happening....Not quite sure why its not been announced but no doubt the club has there reasons. He will be playing for southend this year tho :smile:

*runs off to hide now till the deal is official*

Its say in the Echo that Sturrock is trying to bring a forward who played in the Championship last year, so McGleish is ruled out, unless if you are correct Mr Bathing Ape :p

Well he wasn't playing in the championship last year so that would mean we are trying to close off two stikers..surely (and assuming Patterson out) we wont start with
Corr, Harris, Crawford, Sturrock, Asante plus 2 (7) unless we plan to loan Asante out for a year and lett Crwaford or Sturrock go
Hope we have a number one target and SG is a back stop (good player but 37?!- although to be fair despite age he seems to mange 35+ games a season even now)

If Blair goes, then McGleish would take his spot I imagine, but I couldn't see him signing if Blair stays. Then the Championship striker would take Pato's wage. I'd suggest Asante will be loaned out and now we've got Harris, possibly Crawford for a spell as well...

McGleish...unlikely.

We have better striker targets than that lined up, without saying too much.

Last edited:
McGleish...unlikely.

We have better striker targets than that lined up, without saying too much.

Excellent- given Mc Gleish is probably still good for 15+ at L2 level thats good enough for me. Excitement building!!

Rory Fallon had a decent spell in the Championship last season. He's way out of our league. Plus he's too similar to Barry Corr.

Rory Fallon had a decent spell in the Championship last season. He's way out of our league. Plus he's too similar to Barry Corr.

But he goes where God tells him. is on a free and knows its better to give than receive...........

Eastwood is not even on the radar I'm afraid mate.

Yeah wishful thinking but I never expected him to be mate, certainly not when we're in L2 anyway. I'm of the opinion that Freddy will return to the Hall one day but certainly not yet. IF we were to win promotion this season though then I guess next summer could be interesting with Eastwood out of contract. I guess it's not beyond the realms of possibility that his agent could inform the club he'd be open to discussions. Even then though it would depend on:

(a) whether Sturrock wants him
(b) whether Freddy would ultimately be happy to drop into L1
(c) whether he'd take less wages to return here than anywhere else
(d) whether Coventry actually play Freddy in the correct position this season and offer him a new deal!

Too many ifs and buts for my liking - one day though, one day...... :winking:

P.S. Knowing our luck though we'll stay in L2 and Freddy - yearning for a move back to Essex - will join the inbreds up the A12 instead! :stunned:

Yeah wishful thinking but I never expected him to be mate, certainly not when we're in L2 anyway. I'm of the opinion that Freddy will return to the Hall one day but certainly not yet. IF we were to win promotion this season though then I guess next summer could be interesting with Eastwood out of contract. I guess it's not beyond the realms of possibility that his agent could inform the club he'd be open to discussions. Even then though it would depend on:

(a) whether Sturrock wants him
(b) whether Freddy would ultimately be happy to drop into L1
(c) whether he'd take less wages to return here than anywhere else
(d) whether Coventry actually play Freddy in the correct position this season and offer him a new deal!

Too many ifs and buts for my liking - one day though, one day...... :winking:

P.S. Knowing our luck though we'll stay in L2 and Freddy - yearning for a move back to Essex - will join the inbreds up the A12 instead! :stunned:

The last part of that makes me feel sick

Well tell your contacts to get that radar pointing in Fredys direction!!!

....only kidding i know we have no chance

The thoughts are/were and I must say I agree with the points.After the Manure game he changed....he became lazy..and if any one player infuriated me more for being caught offside for failing to get back in time it was Freddy in his last games for us.

Freddie will allways give me fond memories of those two magical seasons with us when he was superb but I agree totally with "Cricko" He became abit "Look how fantastic I am" and reduced his effort levels considerably. He has hardly pulled up any trees and career wise, Personally "League 1/2 is his true level.

Has anybody heard anything bout steven thompson?? i belive dundee in the late 90's is the connection, it fits in wiv the latest report in the echo as well???

Back